ADVERTISEMENT

We are South Carolina

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
Without Lou Holtz. Without Steve Spurrier.

No one of any stature wants to coach here. It's been true for 6-7 years. (Still does not defend hiring Muschamp.) Beamer was a reflection of this fact. His popularity was an easy way out for an AD desperate for cover who knew he was in for another agonizing coaching search.

It's similar with players. We are not attracting the players we need. Spurrier got close to denting the upper SEC stranglehold on talent, but that was Steve Spurrier.

Look, I used to be ready to fire every coach on a minutes notice. But history, particularly our recent positive history, has shown me we have our limitations.

I hope, as Beamer learns, he can establish a decent, competitive program. I believe he eventually might. But it's going to be slow and tough getting there.

We, you understand, are South Carolina.

Control what they can: few penalties, execution, toughness, head in the game was some of the things I hoped to see this year. I have seen many teams play like that with way less talent than what we have. I have seen no sign of any of these qualities. I could understand loses due to talent if I could only see some improvement but it’s just not there.

The biggest problem is that we don’t do anything well. I’ve seen some crappy teams this year but they all seem to be at least ok at one thing or have one dynamic-type player or something. We have squat.

The biggest problem is that we don’t do anything well. I’ve seen some crappy teams this year but they all seem to be at least ok at one thing or have one dynamic-type player or something. We have squat.
Not true. Our special teams have been Excellent

• Haha
Reactions: LegalTiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT