ADVERTISEMENT

We can beat Clem'son

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrtlecock

Nov 30, 1998
I'm not predicting a victory. But we have better than a punchers chance. If we can keep DW from killing us with his legs on third down. That would be the big problem as I see it. The way our Corners you're playing if everyone is healthy and doesn't get kicked out of the game I like our chances against their wide outs. On the other side I believe our receivers can abuse some of their secondary. Our D is getting better. We need to find a pass rush. I know, beat Misery first.

I'm not predicting a victory. But we have better than a punchers chance. If we can keep DW from killing us with his legs on third down. That would be the big problem as I see it. The way our Corners you're playing if everyone is healthy and doesn't get kicked out of the game I like our chances against their wide outs. On the other side I believe our receivers can abuse some of their secondary. Our D is getting better. We need to find a pass rush. I know, beat Misery first.
Turnovers,turnovers, turnovers, 3 or more and we have a chance.

I don't see us playing within 3 TDs of them. They're one of the 3 best teams in the whole country. Hate to admit it, but its fact. They don't have a weakness anywhere. I'm resigning to the fact that they'll win their 3rd in a row over us & Douchan will make good on his prediction. Got to beat 'em in 2017. Got to!

Reactions: griffgolf
I like our chances as long as we come up with a game plan to turn the tables and take advantage of their deep penetration. I believe we can. Can't believe I posted it though.

Reactions: myrtlecock
If we ever get into sure passing situations we're done. You saw what happened last night. FSUs OL is about as good as ours.

We also need to find an answer for Legget. If I recall, the UMASS TE ate us up just like Legget did FSU.

Winnable? Yes. Probable? 35/65

If we ever get into sure passing situations we're done. You saw what happened last night. FSUs OL is about as good as ours.

We also need to find an answer for Legget. If I recall, the UMASS TE ate us up just like Legget did FSU.

Winnable? Yes. Probable? 35/65

I agree on Legget. Hopefully our LB can cover him. 35/65 is about where I am but I'd say that's very optimistic for you.

Like I said I'm not predicting a win but I think we have a chance. Two weeks ago I would have never given us a snowballs chance in hell.
Is clemsux better than last year? I don't think so. They haven't blown a real team away.
If our 3-9 team that just lost to the citadel can make the "#1" team crap their pants and beat us by less than a TD last year, we have a chance. clemsux will have an advantage since the game is in pickens co, though. At least we won't have to put up with a c c refs.

No way . they can put up 50 on us. And that D is real. Let's not go crazy because we just beat a Tennessee team at our place

I wouldn't bet on us winning. But no team has scored over 30 points on us all season. The Taters have the ability to rack up a ton of points on pretty much anyone, but they haven't done it much this year, even against lesser teams than us. Can they score 50 on us? Possibly. Will they? Unlikely.

Still too early, though. Let's just TCB against Missouri.

Reactions: V1RUS
This thread is about the funniest thing I've ever read. A 35% to beat Clemson in Death Valley? If the game was played next week, they would be favored by 17-20, which IMO is way too low, but it is a rivalry game. The talent disparity between Clemson-South Carolina all over the field is laughable. If this South Carolina team plays in Death Valley 100 times, they win 1 or 2, and that's because #4 goes out with an injury in the 1st quarter, and the backup turns it over 4 times. 98-99% chance Clemson wins that game at home.

I don't see us playing within 3 TDs of them. They're one of the 3 best teams in the whole country. Hate to admit it, but its fact. They don't have a weakness anywhere. I'm resigning to the fact that they'll win their 3rd in a row over us & Douchan will make good on his prediction. Got to beat 'em in 2017. Got to!
I have only seen you talk highly of the taters and talk down about the gamecocks. If you don't live #spursup we don't need you. I believe you're a Carolina guy, but you need to believe man. People made fun of me thinking we had a good chance to beat Tennessee.

This thread is about the funniest thing I've ever read. A 35% to beat Clemson in Death Valley? If the game was played next week, they would be favored by 17-20, which IMO is way too low, but it is a rivalry game. The talent disparity between Clemson-South Carolina all over the field is laughable. If this South Carolina team plays in Death Valley 100 times, they win 1 or 2, and that's because #4 goes out with an injury in the 1st quarter, and the backup turns it over 4 times. 98-99% chance Clemson wins that game at home.

98% is a little high. But I think Tennessee had about an 85% chance to win prior to game time yesterday, so maybe that is about right. I agree they'd be about over a two touchdown favorite.

Talent-wise, no doubt they're better. But no one can doubt they've had trouble putting teams away this year, and not just the Louisvilles and FSUs. They also struggled mightily against Troy and were lucky to beat NC State. Meanwhile, our defense hasn't let anyone score on us at will. Likely to beat Clemson? No way. Possible? Yes, and I wouldn't be as surprised as the "experts" if it does happen.

I have only seen you talk highly of the taters and talk down about the gamecocks. If you don't live #spursup we don't need you. I believe you're a Carolina guy, but you need to believe man. People made fun of me thinking we had a good chance to beat Tennessee.
I'm on the floor laughing. What he said is completely realistic! 'if you don't live hashtag spursup we don't need you' ??? What the hell does that even mean? If you don't live blindly thru gamecock sunglasses we don't want you as a fan? Dude, it's football. Be objective about it.

98% is a little high. But I think Tennessee had about an 85% chance to win prior to game time yesterday, so maybe that is about right. I agree they'd be about over a two touchdown favorite.

Talent-wise, no doubt they're better. But no one can doubt they've had trouble putting teams away this year, and not just the Louisvilles and FSUs. They also struggled mightily against Troy and were lucky to beat NC State. Meanwhile, our defense hasn't let anyone score on us at will. Likely to beat Clemson? No way. Possible? Yes, and I wouldn't be as surprised as the "experts" if it does happen.
They've also come back down more than a touchdown twice in the 4th quarter this year. Once against a top 5 team and once against us. That's incredible. They are winners. They absolutely know how to win.

Clemson is finally doing what we've done for as long as I've been alive. They just know how to win now.

Reactions: V1RUS and 1983Grad
They've also come back down more than a touchdown twice in the 4th quarter this year. Once against a top 5 team and once against us. That's incredible. They are winners. They absolutely know how to win.

Clemson is finally doing what we've done for as long as I've been alive. They just know how to win now.

They definitely have the horseshoe right now. But they aren't putting teams away like the real frontrunner, Alabama, is. There's a team who truly would have a 99% chance of beating Carolina.

Reactions: Tygur
They definitely have the horseshoe right now. But they aren't putting teams away like the real frontrunner, Alabama, is. There's a team who truly would have a 100% chance of beating Carolina.
FIFY

And yes, Clemson has a 98-99% chance at home against South Carolina. They had a 90-95% chance against NC State and Troy as well. So crazier things have happened. And yes I do think on a neutral field, NC State and Troy are favored over South Carolina. Easily.

FIFY

And yes, Clemson has a 98-99% chance at home against South Carolina. They had a 90-95% chance against NC State and Troy as well. So crazier things have happened. And yes I do think on a neutral field, NC State and Troy are favored over South Carolina. Easily.
Youre out of your mind if you think their chance is 98-99%, They'll definitely be favored, but I think the 35% range is more accurate. They have looked incredibly beatable all season, and them beating an overrated FSU team has not changed any of that.

Last edited:
FIFY

I mean, the stats guys might give them a 98% chance. But from what I've seen of both teams, I think it's closer to an 85% for Clemson. And if you could tell me who the people are who would bet on NC State or Troy against us after our win last night, please do so. I'd like to make some easy money.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869074

He's not far off. 95% chance at a win is about right.

Troy & NC State would absolutely be favored over South Carolina. Their entire body of work is much more impressive than South Carolina's. What reasonable sports gambler would base their wagers off of one game? You had a great win last night. +14.5 was easy money.

Troy, however, is 6-1 and should go 11-1 on the season. They are a fantastic football team. Would be favored by 7-10 over the Gamecocks on a neutral field. NC State would be closer however. Likely 2-4 point favorites.

Troy I can kind of see. But there's no UNIVERSE in which NC State's body of work is more impressive. Our signature win against Tennessee is more impressive than their win against ND. Sorry, but ND sux and UT at least has some decent wins on their resume. Besides that, NC State lost to an ECU team that we beat and their only other wins are against some FCS teams.

Reactions: BigTomE
I'm on the floor laughing. What he said is completely realistic! 'if you don't live hashtag spursup we don't need you' ??? What the hell does that even mean? If you don't live blindly thru gamecock sunglasses we don't want you as a fan? Dude, it's football. Be objective about it.
Hook Line & Sinker, you taters or Noles or whatever you are have a board to post on. Sorry we've not kissing Clemson's ass 24/7 on here.

Troy's SOS is way worse than ours. Would not be favored. NC state is probably a pick em, about the same SOS.

Still a lot of games before USC and Clemson that could change things. Pitt will give Clemson a game. We have a tough road test at UF that will tell a lot.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Troy & NC State would absolutely be favored over South Carolina. Their entire body of work is much more impressive than South Carolina's. What reasonable sports gambler would base their wagers off of one game? You had a great win last night. +14.5 was easy money.

Troy, however, is 6-1 and should go 11-1 on the season. They are a fantastic football team. Would be favored by 7-10 over the Gamecocks on a neutral field. NC State would be closer however. Likely 2-4 point favorites.
Favored by 7-10 ?

NC State sucks hahaha. What is up with you guys? Troy is a good crappy conference team, but they would still lose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT