ADVERTISEMENT

We can beat Clem'son

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see us playing within 3 TDs of them. They're one of the 3 best teams in the whole country. Hate to admit it, but its fact. They don't have a weakness anywhere. I'm resigning to the fact that they'll win their 3rd in a row over us & Douchan will make good on his prediction. Got to beat 'em in 2017. Got to!
They should've or could've lost 5 games, some to teams no better than us. Why not us?

They've also come back down more than a touchdown twice in the 4th quarter this year. Once against a top 5 team and once against us. That's incredible. They are winners. They absolutely know how to win.

Clemson is finally doing what we've done for as long as I've been alive. They just know how to win now.
Whatever Nole man. Don't get too caught up with yourself. Your team and your defense is nothing special this year. So, don't act like Clemson did some amazing thing coming back to beat you guys. Your defense is nothing special.You guys can't even get lined up or get the right guys on the field. Been happening all year.

FIFY

And yes, Clemson has a 98-99% chance at home against South Carolina. They had a 90-95% chance against NC State and Troy as well. So crazier things have happened. And yes I do think on a neutral field, NC State and Troy are favored over South Carolina. Easily.
You are no Noles fan. Why would you even care, and why are you here anyway?

@FSNoles21 has his jimmies rustled.
He's just trying to get a moral victory in a roundabout way after losing to Clemson. Sad, really.

Clemson can be beat...same gameplan as against UT....make them have to throw the ball downfield. And on O, run the ball well enough between the tackles to slow down their pass rush.

I'm not predicting a victory. But we have better than a punchers chance. If we can keep DW from killing us with his legs on third down. That would be the big problem as I see it. The way our Corners you're playing if everyone is healthy and doesn't get kicked out of the game I like our chances against their wide outs. On the other side I believe our receivers can abuse some of their secondary. Our D is getting better. We need to find a pass rush. I know, beat Misery first.
Clemson takes cheap shots at the opposing QB in every game and the DB'S interfere on just about every pass. Not letting away with these kind of things gives us a great chance to win this game.

Like I said I'm not predicting a win but I think we have a chance. Two weeks ago I would have never given us a snowballs chance in hell.
Our team last night played well enough to beat some good teams. With the exception of a couple drives our offense moved the ball consistently, & our defense looked solid all night.

Reactions: myrtlecock
NC State was a FG away from beating one of the best teams in the country in their house. They've beaten Notre Dame. They have much more talent than South Carolina.

Troy has a much better offense than South Carolina and is far better coached. Especially offensively. Troy's defense is outstanding as well. You clearly haven't seen them play. On a neutral field, Troy would win 7-8 out of 10 against South Carolina.
LMAO. You are a joke. UND lost because their idiot coach decided to throw the ball around in a freaking hurricane. You try to cover up your weaknesses by building up some very average opponents into some great teams. Clemson has weaknesses and hasn't figured out or just can't fix them.

NC State was a FG away from beating one of the best teams in the country in their house. They've beaten Notre Dame. They have much more talent than South Carolina.

Troy has a much better offense than South Carolina and is far better coached. Especially offensively. Troy's defense is outstanding as well. You clearly haven't seen them play. On a neutral field, Troy would win 7-8 out of 10 against South Carolina.
Haha, just because you struggle against a team and have to rely on them missing a kick doesn't make them good, it's far more telling about Clemson. Oh right, they got slaughtered by Louisville but beat a 3-5 Notre Dame team in a monsoon so of course they're great, right?

And same with Troy, them making you look average doesn't mean they would beat the doors off of us, as much as you desperately want to believe that as opposed to reality.

This is true...I would mildly correct you...It's they were gonna hang 50 on us every year since 2009...
So was Texas A&M's and we managed to play them close before we developed any resemblance of an offense. Trying to find some room on the ground will be key. I've been really impressed with Dowdle and he seems to get better each game. I doubt we beat Clemson but I think we'll keep it close. It's also a big rivalry game and I'm sure our guys will be hyped up for it. If we find away to win, I may not stop smiling for the rest of the year.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
One of the best 3 teams in the country someone hates to admit huh? Should have lost to an average n c state team at home. Troy played them Basically even at home. So sure they r good no doubt. But let's be real here

Hahahahaha you sir are a moron. We get it, NC state would be top 15 in any other conference.

So n c state missing s chip shot field goal plus other field goals. Yes taters have many msny weaknesses don't kid yourselves

If Clemson has all these weaknesses, then they wouldn't be undefeated. They have the most impressive resumé thru 8 games of any of the top 4 teams.

If you actually think UT and Clemson are even remotely comparable football teams, you're a f****** moron.
They are very comparable. Difference is they lost to TAMU and BAMA.

clemson is very beatable, they lucked up yet again last night with the noles qb getting hammered every other play.That's a tough kid he deserved better than that. clemson is a lucky football team that's all. If Alabama plays them right now, they would beat the pants off of cu hands down. As for the other "fans" from other schools on here, go back to your own site and commiserate there because FSU is highly overrated. Yes, laugh now and enjoy USC being down, I hope Dabo and the gang think the same thing when we come to their place they may be in for a surprise.

This Gamecocks team is maturing and improving every week. The team that plays UF and CU will not be the same team that lost to UK. Yes our OL needs to man up. Having a tough nut at QB is helping that. The value of Bentley stepping up in the pocket, standing tall , and delivering the ball on time cannot be overstated. It makes the OL better because they can trust he will stay behind them. It opens up the run game. The more experience he gets the more the coaches will trust him with the ball, and that is key. It is likely that he will get beat up by the DL at UF and CU. It so far doesn't seem to bother him on the next play. Success breeds more success. I'm betting by mid-november us beating Clemson will not seem so far-fetched.

Reactions: Futureswagcocktd
No way . they can put up 50 on us. And that D is real. Let's not go crazy because we just beat a Tennessee team at our place
Lots of things would have to align for a "W", bu tnothing is impossible.
I said it a few weeks ago and got a lot of flack for it, but we HAD to go to Bentley and/or B-Mac. The "W"s this year may not ba a lot different in numbers compared to if we had stayed with Orth, but coach has to be planning on 2-3 years from now because this is not a very good team, and we're not going to threaten the SEC-East, much less the SEC or nation.
Taters are very good, and they have talent in the right spots.
Their D-line will give our O-line fits.....Hurst might give Bulware fits though too. I think Edwards can get some seperation and make some 15-20 yd plays downfield. Doubt we'll provide enough blocking to go too far down the field though.
Our D may struggle with their offense. Hate him if you want, but Watson is the consumate college QB who has blossomed into a 6'#, 215# QB that can hurt you with his arms and legs. All the talk a few years ago about him not being able to take the hits? Look back last year at what Bama tried and he was very good. He's better this year, but they appear to be missing the O-lineman that graduated (forgot his name).
And heaven forbid they get into short yardage situations......those D-linemen they put in are going to hurt someone eventually.
But for all the good stuff I just said about them, if the stars align just right, they better be careful!

There have been 4 games that Clemson struggled mightily to win: Troy, Louisville, NC State and FSU. Even Auburn had a chance at a hail marry to beat them.

Oh yeah Clemson is very beatable but the bounces and some calls have all gone their way. They've done just enough to sneak by some teams. It will catch up to them soon enough.

The Gamecocks will keep it close. Hell everyone else has. They're extremely lucky to not have 2 or 3 losses.

This thread is about the funniest thing I've ever read. A 35% to beat Clemson in Death Valley? If the game was played next week, they would be favored by 17-20, which IMO is way too low, but it is a rivalry game. The talent disparity between Clemson-South Carolina all over the field is laughable. If this South Carolina team plays in Death Valley 100 times, they win 1 or 2, and that's because #4 goes out with an injury in the 1st quarter, and the backup turns it over 4 times. 98-99% chance Clemson wins that game at home.
No body on this board gives a crap about your opinion. Crawl back to Tallahassee and mourn your loss. The Taters beat your sorry ass at home, guess what, we could beat your sorry ass too. We play a very tough SEC schedule this year with a team composed with 85% freshmen and sophomores. Not a weak ass ACC schedule.

Thanks Manafold. I think we both know taters and noles gave zero desire for a real schedule. They prefer wake forest. Boston college duke etc

Hale, you smell like a rotten Tater to me. If your Tigers are 17 point favorites I'll take a bet. All you have accomplished with your derogatory remarks about our team is to expose how much you don't know about us or football for that matter. Bet you won outstanding cheerleader award in high school.
The number of CU posters we are seeing today especially after their FSU win is directly correlated to how nervous they are getting about what they thought was a sure win. Before yesterday, they thought UT would blow is off the field.

I have only seen you talk highly of the taters and talk down about the gamecocks. If you don't live #spursup we don't need you. I believe you're a Carolina guy, but you need to believe man. People made fun of me thinking we had a good chance to beat Tennessee.

The eye test, ole boy. The eye test.

Delvin Cook: 169 and 4 TDs

Matt Dayes: 106 and 1 TD

Lamar Jackson: 162 2 TDs

Troy: 141 and a TD

Ranked 32nd in rushing yards allowed per attempt. Ranked 42nd in total rushing yards allowe per game. 45th in rushing first downs allowed.

Tell me more about this legendary front 7....

I have only seen you talk highly of the taters and talk down about the gamecocks. If you don't live #spursup we don't need you. I believe you're a Carolina guy, but you need to believe man. People made fun of me thinking we had a good chance to beat Tennessee.
Jimmies-Rustled.jpg

Think we need to worry about beating Missouri this week. That is key to getting to six wins and going to a bowl which would be a huge accomplishment for this team and continue to show progress that we are heading in the right direction. Missouri will be no pushover. IMO, we can have this discussion the week of the Clemson game. Lots of football to be played before then.

I'm not predicting a victory. But we have better than a punchers chance. If we can keep DW from killing us with his legs on third down. That would be the big problem as I see it. The way our Corners you're playing if everyone is healthy and doesn't get kicked out of the game I like our chances against their wide outs. On the other side I believe our receivers can abuse some of their secondary. Our D is getting better. We need to find a pass rush. I know, beat Misery first.
Stupid is as stupid does!

You guys think you are gonna come into Death Valley and beat a team that hasn't lost a regular season game in 2 years?You guys are borderline mentally ill..

Have you not watched us play since we Bentley took over? You're mentally ill if you don't think we should/will beat the taters. We just took care of Tennessee, who most people will agree are better than the taters.

You guys have now chance to beat us until HC is out of office.You have very little talent,and very little coming in.We are a nationwide brand that recruits on another level.
A nationwide brand? LMAO. Just because y'all copied WSU and send someone to every ESPN Gameday waving a kitty paw doesn't make you a nationwide brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT