ADVERTISEMENT

We gave this game away a the free throw line.

Originally posted by Cock-Vader:
To which of our four trips are you referring?
I get what you mean but we have missed the front end of at least three 1 and1's. Once by Stroman in the first half, then one by Thornwell and one by Chat in the last 5 minutes.

Eventually we'll park the Lithuanians and Henry under the basket on both ends and quit the high post crap. Again Martin loses to a worse team with a better coach.

That said, his players are incredibly stupid. Foul on a 3pt shot, then foul 90 ft from the basket to turn a 5 point lead into a 1 pt deficit. Furthermore, our guards have to do a heckuva lot better job than they've done in SEC play. Thornwell plays like a chump.

They gave this game away because of turnovers and because when the other team turns up the defensive intensity, the offense becomes tentative and stagnant. When that happens, you'd like to go into the post, but their post entry passes are poor and post up players often struggle.

Originally posted by Manning02:
Originally posted by Cock-Vader:
To which of our four trips are you referring?
I get what you mean but we have missed the front end of at least three 1 and1's. Once by Stroman in the first half, then one by Thornwell and one by Chat in the last 5 minutes.
Well it also helps when you are in the double bonus all day.

announcers

I know we were losing...but I really found the announcers annoying! Didn't feel like they were impartial!

We must be the team that gets foul after foul called on us while the other team nothing. I would raise heck to the SEC.

We shot 49 % from the field and hit 8 3 pointers. That is pretty good. Too many fouls. Too many turnovers. Not getting enough turnovers ourselves. 50 % FT. We gave them 26 points on free throws we only got 8. 18 point gap there.

This post was edited on 1/17 10:43 PM by ReadR00ster

We've got to cry more about the fouls, no doubt. Frank should have gotten T'd up after that kid got let off the hook for yelling in the refs face. Would have been all over Sportscenter and the refs would have been held accountable. As it is, the only people who will ever know about it is those of on FGF. Completely unacceptable but the constant bitching and moaning by them had an effect.

Looking at the team stats, I was trying to figure out where in the heck we lost this game. I mean we were better, even, or very close in every statistical category. Then I got to the free throws. AU shot 33 free throws, making 26 (79%)....we were 8-15 (53%). I haven't been able to see much of our team this year, but is this typical of the losses we've had? I mean we're holding teams to a very low shooting percentage from the field, but is fouling so much how we're doing it, or are we just getting screwed by the officiating?

Regardless to the number of trips to the free throw line, no excuses for shooting 53%. Needs to be at least 75 or 80% each game. That's why they call it free, no defense, no one in your face. No excuses for not a college player not hitting them.

We had 17 turnovers and they outrebounded us. And 8 of 15 from the FT line doesn't help.

This thread is a microcosm of Gamecock fans. It's always the officials' and the announcers' fault.

We're not good.

Originally posted by Crooked Cop:
We had 17 turnovers and they outrebounded us. And 8 of 15 from the FT line doesn't help.

This thread is a microcosm of Gamecock fans. It's always the officials' and the announcers' fault.

We're not good.
Except when the fouls are BS. Because then it is the ref's fault.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT