ADVERTISEMENT

We got 99

Ralph Sampson

Feb 7, 2021
Problems and Punter is probably not in top 99 but I will say I’ve been slightly underwhelmed with Kai. Even going back to last year. Just thought ( based on recruiting reports) we were getting a boomer and I just haven’t seen it. He was at 39.5 this past week I believe. Again Just observation not trying to negative Nellie every freaking thing.

Problems and Punter is probably not in top 99 but I will say I’ve been slightly underwhelmed with Kai. Even going back to last year. Just thought ( based on recruiting reports) we were getting a boomer and I just haven’t seen it. He was at 39.5 this past week I believe. Again Just observation not trying to negative Nellie every freaking thing.
I noticed that too. He had a bunch of opportunities but didn't flip the field like we've seen from past punters.

ECU’s punter was really good. He might have been their best player on Saturday. I’m not saying we don’t have a good punter or that he won’t end up being a good punter…but their punter definitely gave them an advantage on Saturday.

I thought this last year, but didn't want to be blasted.

He had a good recovery on the bad snap this week and 1 solid punt that flipped the field fairly well considering our offense was sputtering quite often.

Maybe Lembo can get more consistency out of him because I believe he does have the leg.

One of the best "holds" I've seen, and when we had to have it, vs ECU last week. Down 3 and getting late, snap high and almost behind Kai, caught, spun and placed it down for Parker's fairly long field goal. He's earned his scholarship on that hold alone.

ECU pints were longer but not as high. Look at the return yardage for ECU and the difference in net yards' punt.

I commented on the game thread during the game that we needed a new punter. Maybe an overreaction, but he wasn’t helping us out with field position at all. In a game against an opponent that could actually move the ball, it would have cost us.

He’s a teenager, averaging over 40 yrs.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
ADVERTISEMENT