ADVERTISEMENT

We have a 9% chance to beat Alabama tomorrow.

PC31

Apr 30, 2005
According to the ESPN predictor thing.
Vandy used time of possession and also stopped Alabama's running game to beat them. Do you think we will try to slow down and burn clock? Shorten the game? We do have enough defense to hold Bama's run game in check if we don't wear them out in the first half with 3 and outs in 48 seconds.

According to the ESPN predictor thing.
Vandy used time of possession and also stopped Alabama's running game to beat them. Do you think we will try to slow down and burn clock? Shorten the game? We do have enough defense to hold Bama's run game in check if we don't wear them out in the first half with 3 and outs in 48 seconds.
We don’t have any kind of run game. ‘Bama is as pissed as a hornet’s nest. Sadly, this game will get ugly very quickly for our Gamecocks.

Reactions: Lurker123
It's too bad we're having to play these stronger teams on the heels of a big upset. Hopefully, Sanders and Sellers will be healthy for this one.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
It's too bad we're having to play these stronger teams on the heels of a big upset. Hopefully, Sanders and Sellers will be healthy for this one.

Bama wasn't really in shooting distance, even if they smashed Vandy last week.

Reactions: PaleoCock
Well we gotta play the game. I'm just looking for a ray of a chance.
Chuck OIiver said Bama was going to run run run and run on us. That concerns me of course. If we can't run (we can't) or stop the run then our options to control the clock dwindle some..........yeesh.

I heard an alarming stat today on the radio. If we hold Alabama to 38 points, that will be their lowest offensive output of the year. Clearly we are not the best defense they will have faced and clearly we are not going to score 40 on them. It just looks bleak.
Whatever happens at high noon tomorrow I will be watching and hoping Carolina shocks the SEC! Go Cocks!

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
I heard an alarming stat today on the radio. If we hold Alabama to 38 points, that will be their lowest offensive output of the year. Clearly we are not the best defense they will have faced and clearly we are not going to score 40 on them. It just looks bleak.
Whatever happens at high noon tomorrow I will be watching and hoping Carolina shocks the SEC! Go Cocks!

Our defense could maybe swing it if we had a decent offense. But i see them keeping our offense on the bench, and wearing our defense out hard.

They will probably take their frustrations out on us in a big way.

I share your optimism and your concerns. Maybe Loggains can surprise us. Pulling for the guy, but it doesn't look good. A win would be huge, but with this offense, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: PC31
Before the season I saw several heavyweights on the schedule that I said to myself, if we can just be competitive I can accept a loss, last week we weren't competitive and it was a week we very much should have been. Seeing if Beamer can motivate them similar to how he did vs. Tennessee and Clemson in 22 will go a long way with me. It's going to be tough for our offense though, the defense is going to have to keep it close and I'm not sure we've seen a QB like Milroe in a while. Nowhere to go but up!

Reactions: PC31
I just want to say while watching the highlights this morning I notice Bama only scored 35 against Vanderbilt so I must have heard that wrong. Makes no difference but I was wrong on the 38 points deal.
Go Cocks! Lets score 36 and see what happens.

Before the season I saw several heavyweights on the schedule that I said to myself, if we can just be competitive I can accept a loss, last week we weren't competitive and it was a week we very much should have been. Seeing if Beamer can motivate them similar to how he did vs. Tennessee and Clemson in 22 will go a long way with me. It's going to be tough for our offense though, the defense is going to have to keep it close and I'm not sure we've seen a QB like Milroe in a while. Nowhere to go but up!
I agree with most of this. I do think our record is about where most of us thought it would be including who we beat and who beat us. 3-2 or 2-3 was in the cards at this point.

I agree with most of this. I do think our record is about where most of us thought it would be including who we beat and who beat us. 3-2 or 2-3 was in the cards at this point.
Well I was close, Shane had them ready to play and the D held it close, we still have some youth mistakes to clean up, but we played hard and never quit. We were competitive with a top 10 program. I didn't see them throw in the towel after a lackluster performance against Ole Miss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT