ADVERTISEMENT

We have four perfect coaches for this school!!! Stop the complaining

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
We have four coaches who are perfect for us. They all have a huge desire to succeed. Horn did not or at least he fooled me if he did. Spurrier was done 2 years before finishing, Chad was in over his head and didnt know how to get it together and Walvius just was not going to get us anywhere except an occasional tournament.
Now we have 4 coaches that play by the rules (and those that want them to cheat to have better records are just insane.) They are all 4 loved by their players, especially if the players are willing to work. if the player doesnt want to work or put in the effort, of course they wont like the coach. they probably wont like any coach they have.
These coaches have outstanding reputations for how they do things and highly respected among their peers. You can see in each one that the program is rapidly getting better. Frank will reap the benefits of the final four in recruiting starting with 2019 class. There are several we lead for that are top 100 players. Boom is starting to get the team that will give Georgia and Clemson everything they want and then some as well as other teams. dawn is going to always have a team of 5 star players for a long time now due to her success and reputation. Already we see Kingston bringing in great players and even though Chad brought in good ones, he couldnt develop them. Kingston is showing he already can. just look at Stokes and his improvement. Cortes and Olson will come around soon and we will be fine.
All those that seem to always want someone else as a coach here are in a dream world in thinking who would come here and many of those would not be good fits. Would we really want Bruce pearl? Trouble everywhere he goes even though ESPN LOVES him.
Lets really look at what we have and be happy because we are about to really turn into a beast in the NCAA sports world.

We have four coaches who are perfect for us. They all have a huge desire to succeed. Horn did not or at least he fooled me if he did. Spurrier was done 2 years before finishing, Chad was in over his head and didnt know how to get it together and Walvius just was not going to get us anywhere except an occasional tournament.
Now we have 4 coaches that play by the rules (and those that want them to cheat to have better records are just insane.) They are all 4 loved by their players, especially if the players are willing to work. if the player doesnt want to work or put in the effort, of course they wont like the coach. they probably wont like any coach they have.
These coaches have outstanding reputations for how they do things and highly respected among their peers. You can see in each one that the program is rapidly getting better. Frank will reap the benefits of the final four in recruiting starting with 2019 class. There are several we lead for that are top 100 players. Boom is starting to get the team that will give Georgia and Clemson everything they want and then some as well as other teams. dawn is going to always have a team of 5 star players for a long time now due to her success and reputation. Already we see Kingston bringing in great players and even though Chad brought in good ones, he couldnt develop them. Kingston is showing he already can. just look at Stokes and his improvement. Cortes and Olson will come around soon and we will be fine.
All those that seem to always want someone else as a coach here are in a dream world in thinking who would come here and many of those would not be good fits. Would we really want Bruce pearl? Trouble everywhere he goes even though ESPN LOVES him.
Lets really look at what we have and be happy because we are about to really turn into a beast in the NCAA sports world.
I agree that we will likely beat Clemson next year. Last year, we made great strides from the year before--we scored more and gave up less. Coach Muschamp will win another 5 peat starting in 2018. May I ask my fellow gamecocks on this board a favor and to quit misspelling Clemson or calling it Pickens Tech? You all look like childish idiotic teenage morons. Say something useful about our team!

Reactions: okccock
I agree that we will likely beat Clemson next year. Last year, we made great strides from the year before--we scored more and gave up less. Coach Muschamp will win another 5 peat starting in 2018. May I ask my fellow gamecocks on this board a favor and to quit misspelling Clemson or calling it Pickens Tech? You all look like childish idiotic teenage morons. Say something useful about our team!

I can't comply with this request. Too much history.......

Reactions: 92Pony and NetworkX
Agree for the most part. I think they all WANT to succeed, some just don't know HOW. Like Chad, I think Horn was in waaay over his head. And the manner in which you describe Walvius, I agree with....and also believe you can substitute Martin's name in and the statement would still be correct.

KKKlempsux, Pecker Tech, Taters. I am a moron and don't care. Screw KKKlempsux.

Partial to Clemtech & Clemsux,
Others =
Tilllmanites (love that one credit to ROD)
Quempsum (Freddie I believe, pretty solid)
Pickens Tech (King, also solid)

bless those folks that say well I pull for both except when they play each other.
I'm never going to be that person....ever

Last edited:
Partial to Clemtech & Clemsux,
Others =
Tilllmanites (love that one credit to Rob)
Quempsum (Freddie I believe, pretty solid)
Pickens Tech (King, also solid)

bless those folks that say well I pull for both except when they play each other.
I'm never going to be that person....ever

Who the hell is this ROB!? I'm gonna tear him a new one.

We’re just spelling it phoenetically like they pronounce it. They either say, Clemzin, or Clempson. Just listen to them and you’ll see.

I love Frank Martin and think he's the best thing to happen to Carolina basketball in decades. I support him 100%. But yeah, he needs to beat the Taters.

I love Muschamp and there's no question we have improved under his direction. If the 'gamble' he took on the OC hire pans out, then I see very good things in the future. I support him 100%. But yeah, he needs to beat the taters.

Kingston is too early to tell, but the players seem to want to play hard for him so that's head and shoulders better than that past few years. I support him 100%. But yeah, he needs to beat the taters.

Sherlock Holmes deduces that posters A and B both have a lot of that very ugly shade of orange in their closets and plastered on their goat-roping pick-ups, lol.

Agree but we need an AD. Fire Tanner!

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield

I agree with most of your post and like our coaches too. STILL, Tanner needs to put pressure on Muschamp, Martin and Kingston to beat Clempson. Our performance vs Moo U in men's sports the last three years has been embarrassing. Meanwhile, our ladies teams beat the CU women all the time. So much that we have won the Palmetto Series all sports competition between the two schools for the last two years and will probably win it again this year. The ladies know their ABC's......the men need to learn them. ALWAYS BEAT CLEMPSON!

giphy.gif

Why? Not trying to be rude, just wondering what your stance is.

LOL...is this the best you can come up with?

Reactions: Legendary Cock
This conference. This country. They’re both full of colleges who have boosters, alumni, and rabid fanbases who expect to beat all the other teams they play. So unless you believe this area of the country is a mystical place where athletes grow bigger, stronger, faster. Or this area is so much better that top athletes want to come here. You have to acknowledge how hard it actually is to become dominant.
Quite simply there are too many others doing and expecting the same.
I believe, across the board, were doing a damn fine job.

Muschamp has to start experiencing success vs. Tillman before I fully buy in.

Kingston is wait & see.

I like Martin, but that 2-4 vs. Tillman better improve very soon.

As usual spot on. Muschamp is going good but his arrival has also coincided with the golden years of Pickens Tech.

Martin is a good coach. Need to hear Clemson but we’re lucky to have him.

Too soon to tell on Kingston. I wasn’t impressed with his decision to send a rookie out at clemson with the series on the line. But he did inherit a mess.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
You'd think if taters were going to troll they'd at least try to come up with not so obvious names. I don't think they fully grasp the art of how to troll.
Part of me still believes that Sportsuite was the "greatest" troll of all time. I am probably wrong, but if I am then he was one angry dude.

Last edited:
Beat Clemson next year in Death Valley with the team that they are returning?? You must be smokin’ some Good Stuff!!

Reactions: Zann77
I love Frank Martin and think he's the best thing to happen to Carolina basketball in decades. I support him 100%. But yeah, he needs to beat the Taters.

I love Muschamp and there's no question we have improved under his direction. If the 'gamble' he took on the OC hire pans out, then I see very good things in the future. I support him 100%. But yeah, he needs to beat the taters.

Kingston is too early to tell, but the players seem to want to play hard for him so that's head and shoulders better than that past few years. I support him 100%. But yeah, he needs to beat the taters.
hope muschamp does beat clemson real soon, but he is not on a need to basis anytime soon, nor should he be....

Yep if making the tourney once in his tenure makes Martin the best in decades then no wonder we suck at basketball smh

I agree with most of your post and like our coaches too. STILL, Tanner needs to put pressure on Muschamp, Martin and Kingston to beat Clempson. Our performance vs Moo U in men's sports the last three years has been embarrassing. Meanwhile, our ladies teams beat the CU women all the time. So much that we have won the Palmetto Series all sports competition between the two schools for the last two years and will probably win it again this year. The ladies know their ABC's......the men need to learn them. ALWAYS BEAT CLEMPSON!

tumblr_n1uazgR1JJ1qln00mo1_500.gif

I cannot and will not comply with the request to stop misspelling quempsum, it just isn't in my genes to do so. Sorry.

Regardless of what conference we play in or how imposing the competition, people who run these jobs for this amount of money have to produce - and not just occasionally either. If one is found to be unable, that person eventually has to be changed out.

Yep if making the tourney once in his tenure makes Martin the best in decades then no wonder we suck at basketball smh

Go back and look at the schools "overall" history. He's the best thing this University has had in decades. Yet, here we have fans that think we should make the tourney almost every year even though the program has never come close to that EVER minus the 1968-74 years. The man has had 4 straight seasons with a winning record. That hasn't been done since Mcquire, though Felton came close. Not to mention, he took this program farther in the tournament than any coach in our history, yet it's not good enough for you. This program is going in the right direction with Frank. Sorry that you're somehow too entitled to see that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT