ADVERTISEMENT

We haven't replaced the production...

Yeah we just don't have the Hosses this year. We ain't UCONN and it showed tonight. They are the same thing as Bama in football, year in and year out. They are stacked with talent.

Yeah we just don't have the Hosses this year. We ain't UCONN and it showed tonight. They are the same thing as Bama in football, year in and year out. They are stacked with talent.

That's a little misleading. They only played 6 players tonight until garbage time. They simply have the 5 right players, which is what we had last year during our tournament run. In fact, we got better after losing the 2nd overall pick in the WNBA draft. Go figure.

That's a little misleading. They only played 6 players tonight until garbage time. They simply have the 5 right players, which is what we had last year during our tournament run. In fact, we got better after losing the 2nd overall pick in the WNBA draft. Go figure.
What they have, I would take. What they don't have doesn't allow us to beat them. Year after year.

While Coates was valuable, this opened the offense up for Wilson, Gray and Davis. Dawn stubbornly wanted to play half court down low offense.

Reactions: DarkCock
Hate to burst the "we lost our talent" bubble, but we would NOT have beaten UConn last year either. If MS State hadn't pulled off the miracle on ice on the hardwood we would not have that National Championship in our trophy case.

While Coates was valuable, this opened the offense up for Wilson, Gray and Davis. Dawn stubbornly wanted to play half court down low offense.

I think her absence helped us more defensively than offensively. We were so much better at defending the perimeter without 2 bigs in the game. Honestly, I think Dawn is just loyal to a fault and she would never diminish the role of a senior, especially Coates. This year, I don't know if she has any other choice but play Wilson and Jennings together because we don't have enough quality wings. I wish she would consider playing more zone.

Reactions: goboykin
Hate to burst the "we lost our talent" bubble, but we would NOT have beaten UConn last year either. If MS State hadn't pulled off the miracle on ice on the hardwood we would not have that National Championship in our trophy case.

To quote The Dude: "Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man." But I'm not so sure. We were the best team in the country at the end of the season, IMO. Our starting 5 was amazing defensively. Not the same team that played UCONN earlier in the season.

Last edited:
To quote The Dude: "Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man." But I'm not so sure. We were the best team in the country at the end of the season, IMO. Our starting 5 was amazing defensively. Not the same team that played UCONN earlier in the season.

What is your problem with winning the NCAA tournament! The national champion is determined by who wins the tourney. It matters not what anyone thinks about who is the best team regardless of the tourney’s outcome! Plenty of #1 seeds lost in early rounds of the tourney who the pundits thought was the best team in the country, and maybe they were, they just didn’t prove it!

Reactions: lawcalcock
What is your problem with winning the NCAA tournament! The national champion is determined by who wins the tourney. It matters not what anyone thinks about who is the best team regardless of the tourney’s outcome! Plenty of #1 seeds lost in early rounds of the tourney who the pundits thought was the best team in the country, and maybe they were, they just didn’t prove it!

Right on brother...Great to see some common sense among the fan base...If getting our asses thumped last night will inspire us to play our very best game Monday at Miss St, the UCONN loss means very little

The WBB program has one weakness that they've had for several years....they are big and slow. It hurts them on defense and some on offense too if they are playing a team with speed.

Why are you directing your comment to me? I said in my opinion we were the best team in the country at the end of the season in response to a poster who said we were fortunate.

This. Glad Miss State did us a gargantuan favor.

Reactions: bdblack
Both Staley and Martin need to recruit shooters and some speed. Both offenses have reverted to Blue Moon Odom's dribble and weave and throw up a brick. After all these years you would figure that Staley would have developed an offense like UCONN.

Both Staley and Martin need to recruit shooters and some speed. Both offenses have reverted to Blue Moon Odom's dribble and weave and throw up a brick. After all these years you would figure that Staley would have developed an offense like UCONN.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Reactions: trekcock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT