ADVERTISEMENT

We hold our go ahead runner at 3rd. Clemson did not, and won !

bascock

Mar 16, 1999
I am excited about our team coming out and playing hard again ! I think we got a good coach.....

However, in the big - time rubber match, Tolbert crashes the ball off the wall, and we hold the pinch runner at 3rd. Drop 2 outs and inning over.

Clemson does the same, sends their runner, and wins.

I think this was a learning experience for Kingston.

I am excited about our team coming out and playing hard again ! I think we got a good coach.....

However, in the big - time rubber match, Tolbert crashes the ball off the wall, and we hold the pinch runner at 3rd. Drop 2 outs and inning over.

That's baseball for you...

That's not what happened. You are correct that Blair was held at 3rd on Tolbert's double but he then scored on Cullen's sac fly to tie the game. Tolbert advanced to third on an errant throw to the plate and was stranded when Olsen popped up.

That's not what happened. You are correct that Blair was held at 3rd on Tolbert's double but he then scored on Cullen's sac fly to tie the game. Tolbert advanced to third on an errant throw to the plate and was stranded when Olsen popped up.
Bride walked on 4 pitches and then Olsen swung at the 1st pitch. Clemsons closer was getting tired but o well.

In the situation you mentioned, unless you are absolutely sure you score, you hold the runner. If you can’t push 1 across with a runner on third and one out, you don’t deserve to win.

Reactions: Cybercock
In the situation you mentioned, unless you are absolutely sure you score, you hold the runner. If you can’t push 1 across with a runner on third and one out, you don’t deserve to win.
We scored that run anyway.

If Clemson's runner gets thrown out at home, they still have the winning run on 3rd. Home team in "the catbird's seat" when tied in the 9th (or extras). They rolled the dice they could walk it off there,,,and it paid off for them. Their 3rd base coach made the right call..and so did our's (Stuart Lake), imo.

ADVERTISEMENT