ADVERTISEMENT

We keep losing them...

Long way to signing day. What continues to amaze me on these kids is they always say relationships with their position coach matter but then Bell commits to DL coach who has been there all of one week. Do believe Dabo pressures the heck out of kids to commit and uses his we're one big happy family concept to sell them. Of course the miniature golf course, nap room and video arcade don't hurt either along with the big playground slide.

My fear is we could see another 2018 commit to them on Wednesday that causes this board to implode.

Reactions: jon#
I'm starting to think that maybe even Muschamp can't go toe to toe with the taters on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: wood90
and "they" keep getting them. So damn frustrating
I wouldn't put to much focus on this year. Coach Boom has already done a ton setting the tone for recruiting. It's just too late for some of the 17 and 18 recruiting classes. I trust that he will bring in elite talent. The rivalry is great when both teams are great. I'll be pulling for an undefeated matchup next year between the two of us.

Reactions: rocker04
Changes at the top may be necessary. By that, I mean at the administrative level. We have a lot of folks sitting in ivory towers that presided over our demise and just twiddled their thumbs while Clemson built.

I wouldn't put to much focus on this year. Coach Boom has already done a ton setting the tone for recruiting. It's just too late for some of the 17 and 18 recruiting classes. I trust that he will bring in elite talent. The rivalry is great when both teams are great. I'll be pulling for an undefeated matchup next year between the two of us.
The 2018 class will be his 3rd class really. Plenty of time to build relationships and show recruits things could change.

The 2018 class will be his 3rd class really. Plenty of time to build relationships and show recruits things could change.
Yeah, I agree each class will improve under Champ. It just depends on how much time he had. The Conor Shaw days are a distant memory for recruits now. I'm also on your side here so don't be a moron. I think Champ will get y'all the east, it's just will he have enough time?

So Clemson wins the National Championship, while we lose the Birmingham Bowl, and people are shocked, dismayed, amazed, that Clemson is out-recruiting us, wants people fired because of it.

Just like with Coach Martin. FIRE HIM FIRE HIM. Oh wait, we're in the top 25 for the first time in forever, and sitting second in the SEC. Dang, guess we can't fire him right now. Oh well, we'll make the NCAA tourney, but then will lose before making the Final Four, so THEN we can start calling for Tanner to fire Martin. Wait, we can call for Pastides to fire Tanner AND Martin. Yea, that's it!

SMDH. Some people on this board are a waste of oxygen.

Yeah, I agree each class will improve under Champ. It just depends on how much time he had. The Conor Shaw days are a distant memory for recruits now. I'm also on your side here so don't be a moron. I think Champ will get y'all the east, it's just will he have enough time?
You're more optimistic than I am.

Where was he being a moron?

Reactions: SpursUPgunsOUT

I too think that WM will improve USC football. The man is a pretty good defensive coach (I’m not giving him great yet… we’ll have to see what he can do at nonelite schools first). As far as I know, no one has ever questioned the man’s work ethic. That combo will usually lead to success.

Will WM be a good HC? I honestly don’t know and frankly I don’t see how anyone can at this point. Jury is still very much out.

I’m not sure about winning the East. Sure, USC fans are hungry. But so are UF, UGA, and Tenn fans. And I think those schools are much less tolerant of failure than USC… The east is down and has been for a while, but there are 3 sleeping giants in that division. If one of them wakes up, that could be a problem for WM.

I do think that WM will get time to prove himself. This was year one, and I can’t see him catching too much heat next year either. His seat COULD start to heat up in year three if he is still struggling to beat Mizzo, Kentucky, and Vandy, but no way he doesn’t make it to year four. After that season, there needs to be some substantial improvement. Assuming that improvement happens and USC is consistently able to beat the above teams, it’s difficult to see WM getting fired at all.

With the current administration, I can’t see a coach that can win 8 games a year for USC EVER getting fired.

I too think that WM will improve USC football. The man is a pretty good defensive coach (I’m not giving him great yet… we’ll have to see what he can do at nonelite schools first). As far as I know, no one has ever questioned the man’s work ethic. That combo will usually lead to success.

Will WM be a good HC? I honestly don’t know and frankly I don’t see how anyone can at this point. Jury is still very much out.

I’m not sure about winning the East. Sure, USC fans are hungry. But so are UF, UGA, and Tenn fans. And I think those schools are much less tolerant of failure than USC… The east is down and has been for a while, but there are 3 sleeping giants in that division. If one of them wakes up, that could be a problem for WM.

I do think that WM will get time to prove himself. This was year one, and I can’t see him catching too much heat next year either. His seat COULD start to heat up in year three if he is still struggling to beat Mizzo, Kentucky, and Vandy, but no way he doesn’t make it to year four. After that season, there needs to be some substantial improvement. Assuming that improvement happens and USC is consistently able to beat the above teams, it’s difficult to see WM getting fired at all.

With the current administration, I can’t see a coach that can win 8 games a year for USC EVER getting fired.
Do you want me to make your tnet handle public? Nice failnog troll.

My fear is we could see another 2018 commit to them on Wednesday that causes this board to implode.

Dabo has a history of having 1 high profile recruit commit one year early. I thought it would be Trevor Lawrence but he went early, are you thinking XT?

Dabo has a history of having 1 high profile recruit commit one year early. I thought it would be Trevor Lawrence but he went early, are you thinking XT?
It's possible but I'm hoping not. That would be the worst case scenario for us. If not him I'm thinking Z. White or Wynn.

It's possible but I'm hoping not. That would be the worst case scenario for us. If not him I'm thinking Z. White or Wynn.
Probably Wynn. XT loves the attention too much to commit this early. White was the one elite player on their board not at junior day this weekend, so doubt he would commit a year early.

Z white would also be a big one but I thought he had an announced date of some sort (e.g., bday). As for Wynn I am not sure we need to spend any time on him. I get it that we got Ortre but this is a different type of legacy situation...I see some OT is trending their way, that would be fine by me.

To me, it almost seems like with Belk, they focused and got a unexpected commit this week, since their 2017 class is done, they had time, we are still grinding on ours.

Im not too worried about their 2018 commits yet, I still want to see life after Watson for them, and yes they have some highly regarded QB's for 2017 getting a shot, if one en trenches himself, I kind of wonder if Lawrence will end up at Tenn or somewhere else.

Alot to be played out, bottom line we need to win ,more games in 2017 and they need to not win as much, and this will start working itself out

I don't think Muschamp realized how much dirty money goes through the upstate. They are shielded up there living in a bubble that no one will touch.
Muschamp spent two different stints at Auburn. If anyone in all of college football is guilty of using dirty money and other inducements to land players, it's them. Not saying Muschamp himself it guilty of any of that. Just saying he's not exactly new to college recruiting and I'm sure he's well aware of the tactics that are used by various programs.

He beat Mizzou and Vandy this year. Pay better attention if you are going to act like an authority on Gamecock football.

I was paying attention.

USC beat Mizzou handily (or at least by double digits… I must admit that I didn’t watch the game). USC did beat Vandy, but It was hardly smooth sailing. USC lost to Kentucky.

The point is that if you are going to get back to being competitive in the East, you HAVE to have these three games and they should not be close. If you are struggling to beat Vandy, you probably aren’t going to have a good day against UGA, Tenn, or UF as a general rule. Forget about being competitive against whoever the SEC West sends to Atlanta. That’s just the truth and you don’t have to be a gamecock expert to know it.

Once you improve to that level (and I think WM can get you there) the real struggle begins. Namely, being able to be competitive with UF, UGA, and Tenn on a yearly basis. And let’s face it, USC has to win 2/3 of those games to have a chance at the East in most seasons. THAT’S the part I’m unsure of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT