ADVERTISEMENT

We made progress today.

PC31

Gold Member
Apr 30, 2005
Contrary to reports from people who had their mind made up to bitch before the game began, Gamecocks made some progress today.
First half.....yep we saw it.
Second half we seemed to get some footing finally.
Tackling was much better today
Nunez looked better as the game went on.
Crowd was excellent for a rainy 12 noon kickoff for a game on TV for a team that is struggling against another team that is struggling. Crowd was probably about 73K IMO and got loud plenty. Rained some and everyone stayed.
Only thing I didn't love today was the band not marching. Anyone know what's up with that?
Carolina made progress.
I for one am glad to win and move on to Missouri.

Glad for a win. Just remember when you say that we were better and made progress, that UCF was the worst in division 1 football coming into the game and they were up at the half.

Reactions: jonesz21
Contrary to reports from people who had their mind made up to bitch before the game began, Gamecocks made some progress today.
First half.....yep we saw it.
Second half we seemed to get some footing finally.
Tackling was much better today
Nunez looked better as the game went on.
Crowd was excellent for a rainy 12 noon kickoff for a game on TV for a team that is struggling against another team that is struggling. Crowd was probably about 73K IMO and got loud plenty. Rained some and everyone stayed.
Only thing I didn't love today was the band not marching. Anyone know what's up with that?
Carolina made progress.

I for one am glad to win and move on to Missouri.

I read on another thread that the field conditions were too bad for the band. I guess they were afraid someone would slip and get injured?? :oops:

Thanks Cocky kebo57. I do not listen to the radio at the game so I had no clue on that. Makes sense. They probably didn't want the band messing up the field any worse than it was or as you say they were afraid for the band members. Honestly the field seemed fine to my untrained eye.
Band did sound great though.

Yep colaheat. We all know that.
Regardless of the comp. we did look much better in the second half and played a lot of young/new players. They got solid playing time and seemed to improve. That's a good thing.
UCF was bad and we needed the win.

Reactions: CliffordII
Well,the CFU DEFENSIVE Line that we just played well against IS competent.
And we had a FRESHMAN QB who, in my humble opinion, gave us sincere hope for our future depth. He also just might continue to be the #1 QB. He does offer an interesting dynamic; he threw well today, and his fearlessness so far is amazing.
Did you see that "longest TD throw so far this year" to Pharoh ?? Nunez led him , and put it where Pharoh's momentum would make a better play than the TWO defenders.
Anyway, I'd much rather us get a big win against another team that has been struggling in September, than to LOSE ! I mean Central Florida REALLY wanted to get THEIR first win.
So, come on now colaheat and any of you "don't-like-to-say-anything hopeful" people. I wish the Taters would get off of here, and I wish the Gamecock fans would be more hopeful. You simply can't achieve much by looking at the down side of things most of the time.

PC, they made a PA announcement stating that due to several days of rain, no pregame or halftime festivities would take place. I guess it was a matter of tearing up the turf.

Well,the CFU DEFENSIVE Line that we just played well against IS competent.
And we had a FRESHMAN QB who, in my humble opinion, gave us sincere hope for our future depth. He also just might continue to be the #1 QB. He does offer an interesting dynamic; he threw well today, and his fearlessness so far is amazing.
Did you see that "longest TD throw so far this year" to Pharoh ?? Nunez led him , and put it where Pharoh's momentum would make a better play than the TWO defenders.
Anyway, I'd much rather us get a big win against another team that has been struggling in September, than to LOSE ! I mean Central Florida REALLY wanted to get THEIR first win.
So, come on now colaheat and any of you "don't-like-to-say-anything hopeful" people. I wish the Taters would get off of here, and I wish the Gamecock fans would be more hopeful. You simply can't achieve much by looking at the down side of things most of the time.
"Hope" is not a course of action. And from my perspective, there are just as many "Moonbeams and stardust" types like yourself as there are "don't-like-to-say-anything hopeful", and to be honest, I get a little tired of hearing each on occasion.
I'm happy we got the win today, but I'm far from optimistic about upcoming games. There were times in the first half I felt I was watching a circus instead of a football game.
Furthermore, it's people like you who believe all they have to do is "hope" we improve, rather than recognize we need to coach better and recruit better, who have gotten us in this place to begin with.

I hope I am wrong and we begin to make great strides every week, but I didn't see anything today to make me believe that will be the case. UCF is really bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT