ADVERTISEMENT

We need a badazz Strength and Conditioning staff!!

We look small and slow is evidence enough
Some of this has to do with playing walk-ons and freshmen because the veteran players really aren't cutting it. And we got used to looking at Clowney and Swearinger. Remember how Clowney used to make even when they ran away from him? Few guys can do that from the DE position. And Swearinger made a deal with the devil to always be a magnet to the ball. He's the biggest ball hawk I can remember at SC.

Some of this has to do with playing walk-ons and freshmen because the veteran players really aren't cutting it. And we got used to looking at Clowney and Swearinger. Remember how Clowney used to make even when they ran away from him? Few guys can do that from the DE position. And Swearinger made a deal with the devil to always be a magnet to the ball. He's the biggest ball hawk I can remember at SC.
Swearinger is my favorite Gamecock of all time

Reactions: TheReelEss
It's on the small side these days. Schools are going after 6' and taller CB's because everyone's recruiting the 6'2-6'4 receiver with a crazy vertical.
Dude there are more 5"11 Cornerbacks than there are 6'1 Cornerbacks I promise Ya that Chaz Elder is 6'1 and can't cover a bed with a blanket!! Revis is 5'11 the best Cornerback in the game

Dude there are more 5"11 Cornerbacks than there are 6'1 Cornerbacks I promise Ya that Chaz Elder is 6'1 and can't cover a bed with a blanket!! Revis is 5'11 the best Cornerback in the game
I'm not claiming there are more of them in just saying that 5'11 is considered "average" for a cornerback when five-ten years ago that was considered a "big" cornerback. 5'9 used to be considered "normal" and now would be considered very undersized.

I'm not claiming there are more of them in just saying that 5'11 is considered "average" for a cornerback when five-ten years ago that was considered a "big" cornerback. 5'9 used to be considered "normal" and now would be considered very undersized.

Nowadays, if you're approaching 6'-0" or better, they'd push you toward safety, unless you have blinding speed. Because a 6'0" guy is going to be good at breaking up deep passes and playing "center field". And, if he stays in the gym he'll weigh over 200, giving him more hitting power. If he starts to approach 210, they'll make him spur or a pass situation LB. Obviously, if you want tall CBs you have to recruit them because we can't stretch them.

If you want guys that can gain 20 lbs of muscle you have to recruit better specimens to begin with. Clowney was a freak. Most people can't pack on muscle like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT