ADVERTISEMENT

We need to take a step back, hold our breath...

IBleedUSC

Oct 30, 2011
Lets see a compete game with Orth, and maybe quicker defensive adjustments.

The team never had a chance with Mitch and I think the whole team fed off of Orth's composure.

My heart tells me we will be ok, and maybe even do pretty well with Orth in.

Hopefully we don't have a repeat of Garcia Smelley rotation.

Lets see a compete game with Orth, and maybe quicker defensive adjustments.

The team never had a chance with Mitch and I think the whole team fed off of Orth's composure.

My heart tells me we will be ok, and maybe even do pretty well with Orth in.

Hopefully we don't have a repeat of Garcia Smelley rotation.

Orth looked calm and did a good job stretching the field. Receivers have to step up. ( not talking bout Cooper)

At the end of the day, it's one loss. Very important for the team to get over this quick and get ready for Georgia. That's a winnable game, and we always seem to play well against them. A win in Athens would avenge the Kentucky loss.

We can beat UGA
Yeah, in WBB. Not in FB this year.

Obviously I have a different set of eyes than some around here. I saw a UK team that at least at the skill positions was more talented than SC. However, UGA is much better plus they are more stout along the lines. That's the problem I'm struggling with. Just a couple of years ago, we could line up talent-wise with virtually anyone. We quit recruiting after Clowney. Look at LSU. They had so many Juniors leave early after 2013 that (by their standards) they were down last year playing some ridiculous number like 17 frosh. At LSU they never stop recruiting, and they look really nasty this year. If Les Miles puts so much stock into recruiting, why doesn't SOS (and Jr.)?

We will not be able to compete with the receiver rotation that we have played in the first two games. I do not believe that the UNC and Kentucky corners are anywhere close to the ones that we are going see moving forward. Having a walk - on QB with below average arm strength and athleticism throwing to several walk on receivers will not win many games in the SEC.

Yeah, in WBB. Not in FB this year.

Obviously I have a different set of eyes than some around here. I saw a UK team that at least at the skill positions was more talented than SC. However, UGA is much better plus they are more stout along the lines. That's the problem I'm struggling with. Just a couple of years ago, we could line up talent-wise with virtually anyone. We quit recruiting after Clowney. Look at LSU. They had so many Juniors leave early after 2013 that (by their standards) they were down last year playing some ridiculous number like 17 frosh. At LSU they never stop recruiting, and they look really nasty this year. If Les Miles puts so much stock into recruiting, why doesn't SOS (and Jr.)?

I feel good about us beating UGA next weekend with Perry Orth as the QB...

UGA has their own problems at QB...

I feel good about us beating UGA next weekend with Perry Orth as the QB...

UGA has their own problems at QB...
Hope you're right, but Richt won't make the same mistake this year. He's going to load up his 3 headed RB monster and run it down our throats. Pruitt will unleash his D on Orth. If we somehow won I'll gladly tip my cap to SOS because it will take a supreme effort on his part.

We are definitely NOT okay. And if you expect to see a complete game with Orth as QB next week, you have gone off the deep end. It's like you are not even paying attention. This team is completely directionless. They're making it up as they go along. Absolutely no plan of attack, no idea what they are going to do from one minute to the next.

We are definitely NOT okay. And if you expect to see a complete game with Orth as QB next week, you have gone off the deep end. It's like you are not even paying attention. This team is completely directionless. They're making it up as they go along. Absolutely no plan of attack, no idea what they are going to do from one minute to the next.

I expect us to control the ball with our running back and have Perry make good decisions. We have our own version of the three headed monster running backs.

We don't know if we are ok or not...
All I know is this... We were down 24-7 at the half pre-orth. 2nd half we nearly win the game with Orth. 2 mistakes cost us but all things being equal those mistakes may not have cost us had Orth started.

He is more poised and the team responds with him at the helm. That's what i do know.

Maybe it's because Orth works harder and the team likes him better than Mitch.

Maybe from day one the team saw he was better and Mitch was lazy.

All I know is THERE IS a drastic difference when Orth is at the helm.

All we can do is watch and give him a chance and now that Spurrier can open up the playbook behind a confident qb, i honestly think we win most of our games this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT