ADVERTISEMENT

We should go after Kentuckys baseball coach

E-Cut_22

Jan 24, 2008
I think he has done miracles for that program. I don't even think they've been to a CWS ever. They are a solid team and very good fundamentals at the plate. Very disciplined and we'll coached.

Reactions: roosterbell
I'd be on cloud 9 either way. Louisville's coach played at El Cid.
I don't think we could outbid UK.

I'd be on cloud 9 either way. Louisville's coach played at El Cid.
I don't think we could outbid UK.

Why couldn't we compete with Kentucky money wise? If anything they should be broke after what their paying Calapari

Why couldn't we compete with Kentucky money wise? If anything they should be broke after what their paying Calapari

Not saying Ming wouldn't go, as USC certainly has a much better baseball tradition than UK, but UK has at least as much money as USC (and I think UK actually has more revenue and overall profit than does USC).

Also, Ming was an assistant at UK under Cohen and loves it here, so not sure he is looking to leave, especially with our building a new state of the art baseball stadium. The UK baseball fanbase is smaller than USC's but it's a misconception that UK fans care only about basketball. We like a winner, so now that there is hope of having consistently good baseball, the fans will stick around.

Also, go ahead and get Dan McDonnell. He's a good coach, although I think he has underachieved a bit the last few years in the postseason given the talent he has had on hand. UL is the dirtiest athletic department in the country, but McDonnell seems like a decent guy relative to his peers over there.

Not saying Ming wouldn't go, as USC certainly has a much better baseball tradition than UK, but UK has at least as much money as USC (and I think UK actually has more revenue and overall profit than does USC).

Also, Ming was an assistant at UK under Cohen and loves it here, so not sure he is looking to leave, especially with our building a new state of the art baseball stadium. The UK baseball fanbase is smaller than USC's but it's a misconception that UK fans care only about basketball. We like a winner, so now that there is hope of having consistently good baseball, the fans will stick around.
My thinking exactly - why wouldn't he want to coach at the new stadium in Lexington?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT