ADVERTISEMENT

We should have hired Kirby Smart....

That's not what people were saying last year when he pretty much didn't know what he was doing as a head coach.
They're off to a good start. Let's see how it all plays out.

You never know??? Ray wanted a coach on the cheap...

This is wrong and stupid on multiple levels. Kirby is a Georgia alumn whose dream job was Georgia. No one was getting Kirby but Georgia.

Ray was not looking for coaches on the cheap at all. Everyone he interviewed cost mucho $$$$.

Last AD who went on the cheap: See Eric Hyman on Darrin Horn

This is wrong and stupid on multiple levels. Kirby is a Georgia alumn whose dream job was Georgia. No one was getting Kirby but Georgia.

Ray was not looking for coaches on the cheap at all. Everyone he interviewed cost mucho $$$$.

And mUSChamp was the last man standing and he took the job...

He's looking to be a very good hire for Georgia...

We get it..........your weekly backhanded slap at Muschamp. Sure, it's dumb arse know nothing couch potatoes that post this crap. blah blah blah. Kirby Smart ain't no better or worse than any other coach around.

WM inherited a roster that was lacking talent. Smart inherited a team that won what....9-10 games when Richt got canned? Richt and UGA had top 10 recruiting classes year after year after year. No comparison. Poor old Smart had to "rebuild" with that crappy roster that included Nick Chubb and Sony Michele. He is absolutely brilliant. Damn, we missed out.

Saban is too old... He would have pulled a Steve Spurrier on us...

I wanted 4 different coaches and I would have been happy... mUSChamp wasn't on my list of coaches...

I gave him a chance... Now that chance is gone...

You haven't given him a chance and you know it. He won six games last year when most people said we MIGHT win three.
He's 3-1 this year. That's nine wins in 17 games.

And you want to fire him already. Sheesh..

You mist have given up the points on tonight's game. Sorry you lost your bet.

You haven't given him a chance and you know it. He won six games last year when most people said we MIGHT win three.
He's 3-1 this year. That's nine wins in 17 games.

And you want to fire him already. Sheesh..

You mist have given up the points on tonight's game. Sorry you lost your bet.

No, I gave up on Roper first and then mUSChamp...

Watching today's game reminded me of the Florida games against teams they should have beaten like Georgia Southern...

Reactions: Jpcooper
Oh, so you're a quiter. Got it.

Thank you!

I quite on Chad at the right time and now I'm quitting on Roper today in the first quarter and on mUSChamp in the 3rd quarter...

These offensive play calls is nothing but garbage.... We're seeing USC Florida type of team...

I quite on Sparky, Scott, Fig Newton, Horn, Hyman, and Holbroken all at the right time and got in front of the problem before everyone jumped on my bandwagon...

Through no fault of his own. Hyman stated many times that he was given a very small budget to hire a basketball coach. Blame the BOT.

Through no fault of his own. Hyman stated many times that he was given a very small budget to hire a basketball coach. Blame the BOT.

Question?

For a school that spare no expense on buildings and other things that make players to come and like us, why do we tie our hands by getting coaches on the cheap????

That is so stupid!!! I wonder if that money is saved on the BOT???

We would never hire coaches who won National Championships like Saban or Dabo...

Question?

For a school that spare no expense on buildings and other things that make players to come and like us, why do we tie our hands by getting coaches on the cheap????

That is so stupid!!! I wonder if that money is saved on the BOT???

We would never hire coaches who won National Championships like Saban or Dabo...

Because we have historically had very poor leadership with our BOT. More than anything else...they are the responsible party for our struggles.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
I'm still on the fence about Muschamp, but I haven't seen one thing from Smart so far that makes me think he should have been the guy here. JMO.

I think some of you are right about Kirby, still a way to go to see what kind of coach he is.
Can he manage his team in handling success, like going on the road to Knoxville? Will the team have a big head with all the sunshine pumping thats going to happen this week? We shall see.

One thing I know for sure, our defense is SOLID, well disciplined, and patient.

All my UF buddies said he was going to worse at UGA then Muschamp was at UF.

I think we can safely say thats not true.

Kirby will do more with the talent he has than Richt ever did.

Kirby smart was never available. He always wanted to coach at UGA.

If I remember correctly there was talk that we were in fact putting out feelers to Smart, which got UGA boosters nervous. The mind set at UGA was that he would be around when Richt eventually retired. Then when they heard Smart might be in play for SC, then went full steam ahead firing RIcht to bring in Smart.

I can't verify if this actually happened or not, but that was the "whispers" going around at the time

If I remember correctly there was talk that we were in fact putting out feelers to Smart, which got UGA boosters nervous. The mind set at UGA was that he would be around when Richt eventually retired. Then when they heard Smart might be in play for SC, then went full steam ahead firing RIcht to bring in Smart.

I can't verify if this actually happened or not, but that was the "whispers" going around at the time

The timing of things make it look that way, but I am not sure if it happened that way. Richt made a failed OC hire with Schottenheimer which set things in motion, then after a bye week to the UF game, we started our 3rd team QB who was a dual threat guy, but didn't change the offense at all from the statue known as Jason Lambert. The kid threw 4 ints, was completly lost and played the entire game. Richt was done at UGA before the team arrived back from Jax and Kirby was to be the next head coach. We went on to win the next 4 and Richt was let go the Sunday after the GT game.

Not saying Muschamp will, or won't, be a better coach than Smart. But if the situation were reversed and Smart were here and Muschamp was at Georgia, I would imagine the basis of this thread would be the same with the names changed. Smart walked into a program stocked with talent. As we see on a weekly basis, that is not the case at USC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT