ADVERTISEMENT

We will not finish above 500...

Overall we will. In the sec maybe not. If we are going to make the tourney the following needs to happen. Notice I said needs to happen. I'm not saying it will. We are 9-10 in the SEC. We need to win 1 of 2 from Kentucky. That makes us 10-11. We then need to win 1 of 3 from LSU. That makes us 11-13. We then need to win 4 of 6 from Missouri and Georgia combined making us 15-15. If we go .500 in the SEC we get in rather easily. 2 Seed in probably the Virginia or Wake Forest regional. Whichever host. Even 1 or 2 games below .500 in the SEC may be good enough with our RPI and SOS. Its sick we even have to worry about it.

Honestly, as bad as things are - and knowing the quality level of even the typical 4-seed - how do we not get into a regional somewhere??

Overall we will. In the sec maybe not. If we are going to make the tourney the following needs to happen. Notice I said needs to happen. I'm not saying it will. We are 9-10 in the SEC. We need to win 1 of 2 from Kentucky. That makes us 10-11. We then need to win 1 of 3 from LSU. That makes us 11-13. We then need to win 4 of 6 from Missouri and Georgia combined making us 15-15. If we go .500 in the SEC we get in rather easily. 2 Seed in probably the Virginia or Wake Forest regional. Whichever host. Even 1 or 2 games below .500 in the SEC may be good enough with our RPI and SOS. Its sick we even have to worry about it.
So if Ky sweeps us, we are probably out.

No, but winning the Mizzou and Georgia series is a must. If we can win the ky series that's a huge boost as well.

No, getting swept by Kentucky wouldn't have ended all hope, just made it more difficult. That concern is now over. If we could somehow beat Kentucky again Sunday our chances increase significantly. The one thing in our favor is we end at home with Georgia. They aren't very good. A sweep is possible. I said possible, certainly not guaranteed. If we just don't get swept at LSU I think we will be OK. Dropping 3 games really hurts in a series, going 1-2 isn't good, but you only lose 1 game in the standings. Big difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT