ADVERTISEMENT

We will see but...we need to remember

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
Champ and USC is not really on the clock regarding Roper.
For what we KNOW to be true, Roper will be OC in 2018.

He, like Elliott and Venables , just happen to have interviewed elsewhere. Did not work out....
No need to say anything unless we actually fired him.

Kudos for taking you meds today but we do not KNOW Roper will be OC in 2018. The only thing we KNOW is Muschamp expects Roper to be the OC for the bowl game.

Kudos for taking you meds today but we do not KNOW Roper will be OC in 2018. The only thing we KNOW is Muschamp expects Roper to be the OC for the bowl game.
That just seems odd, especially to let him still be out recruiting. Plus early signing is coming up so what are recruits supposed to think? Maybe Roper is leaving but nobody knows, much less who the new guy will be if there is one? Not to mention you want to sell bowl tickets, who's going to pay for those if they're just going to see the same Roper offense?

Not sure abt meds comment. Just saying that it’s only been RUMOR that CWM is relieving Roper of duties. He’s never said so that we can KNOW that there’s any plan.

That just seems odd, especially to let him still be out recruiting. Plus early signing is coming up so what are recruits supposed to think? Maybe Roper is leaving but nobody knows, much less who the new guy will be if there is one? Not to mention you want to sell bowl tickets, who's going to pay for those if they're just going to see the same Roper offense?

What would the alternative have been? All the coaches head out recruiting, EXCEPT Roper?

Not sure abt meds comment. Just saying that it’s only been RUMOR that CWM is relieving Roper of duties. He’s never said so that we can KNOW that there’s any plan.

Sorry, you post seemed completely bipolar from one yesterday.

What would the alternative have been? All the coaches head out recruiting, EXCEPT Roper?
That's why hanging on to dead weight is a lose lose situation. Roper is not a highly sought after assistant, his own school turned him down for the only head coaching position he's ever interviewed for. You want that guy out on the recruiting trail? Not me.

Most likely Muschamp hasn't even thought about the new OC, yet. He will probably put out a line of dog treats on Christmas morning with OC names on them and let his dog pick the next guy.

Reactions: lostcock
Most likely Muschamp hasn't even thought about the new OC, yet. He will probably put out a line of dog treats on Christmas morning with OC names on them and let his dog pick the next guy.
Sounds like a plan.
And while we're at it how about all us "fans" repeat the same bs every day about how bad our OC and offense is for potential prospects to read right in the thick of recruiting season. Maybe we can dog some players too just so they'll get a feel for what they could be getting in to.

Sounds like a plan.
And while we're at it how about all us "fans" repeat the same bs every day about how bad our OC and offense is for potential prospects to read right in the thick of recruiting season. Maybe we can dog some players too just so they'll get a feel for what they could be getting in to.
It seems that you understand where I'm coming from with these posts. I bet Muschamp hires an unexpected guy for OC i.e. not one on the pre-ordained list drawn up by fans, and this board has a meltdown of epic proportions.

Gamecock fans

Reactions: SCexpat38

Hell, that's a good idea. At least, it makes about as much sense as would him deciding to let FGF folks pick him.

Course, if it were up to me I'd want the triple option.

A friend of mine thinks if we fire him before the Bowl Game. We would have to buyout 2 years on his Contract instead of 1. I have no clue on his Contract. Does anybody else know how that would work out.

Which one of you is Heath Kline?
giphy.gif

It seems that you understand where I'm coming from with these posts. I bet Muschamp hires an unexpected guy for OC i.e. not one on the pre-ordained list drawn up by fans, and this board has a meltdown of epic proportions.
Well, you know most of the fans played football at the NFL level on Madden, right?
So may know what to do better than our coaches.

Reactions: Sulayman
Sounds like a plan.
I think it is Bmac and Bentley as co OC as someone posted in another thread. This looks like something Carolina would do. Easy way out.

A friend of mine thinks if we fire him before the Bowl Game. We would have to buyout 2 years on his Contract instead of 1. I have no clue on his Contract. Does anybody else know how that would work out.
Might not have to pay him off at all, that is, to do nothing. Make him an offer as a quality control guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT