ADVERTISEMENT

We would not have beat Wisconsin if num1 pick Clowney didn’t play

He played or not

He did play. But you mentioned Michigan. A full season before Clowney was eligible. Also not apples to apples. If Clowney breaks his leg, he’s still going 1st round. Deebo has a history of injuries.

Also as I explained in another thread, Clowney would’ve been the first to skip like this. It hasn’t happened yet. I doubt Deebo would’ve been the first. Since Clowney a handful of guys have done this. It’s becoming more of a thing to do. At one time Juniors didn’t leave for the NFL. Then some did. Then a bunch did. That’s how these trends go.

I fixed title

I think we still beat Wisconsin without Clowney. My argument is as valid as yours at both are hypotheticals that can’t be proven. The title only made sense when you said Michigan because the game he had that day. Of course he wasn’t eligible for the draft. Changing it really screws up your point.

We beat Michigan without Deebo last year. Surely we can beat Virginia.

I think we still beat Wisconsin without Clowney. My argument is as valid as yours at both are hypotheticals that can’t be proven. The title only made sense when you said Michigan because the game he had that day. Of course he wasn’t eligible for the draft. Changing it really screws up your point.

We beat Michigan without Deebo last year. Surely we can beat Virginia.
I hope

He played or not

He played that one but I do remember Clowney sitting out a home game against Kentucky and Spurrier pretty much calling him out for not playing.

I loved Clowney, but it’s not like he wasn’t touch and go his last year here either.

Reactions: Jpcooper
I could be wrong, but I doubt Clowney plays against UVA in the Belk Bowl in the current climate of players skipping bowl games.

As someone else said, no one had done it when Clowney came out for the draft. This will be the norm in 5 years. Unless you’re in the playoff, or maybe New Years 6, most guys headed to the NFL will skip

Reactions: Carolina4
Fournette was the first I think and Mccaffrey the same year . Turned out pretty good for them . Honestly I think it’s a very good decision if you are an RB that has an extremely short shelf life in the NFL with a high risk of injury . Remember Willis Mcghaee ??? He went from a top 5 pick to almost nothing in 1 play In a National Championship game . Guys like Fournette, Mccaffrey, even Latimoore have tremendous mileage put on them in college . The body can only take so much and most RB’s are finished in 5 to 6 years . These kids have to make enough money in a few years to support them and their families for the rest of their lives . Think about that for a second .

Anything outside of the playoffs, and any sure fire draft pick in the NFL would really be making a mistake to risk injury in a bowl game. Too much to lose. The marginal NFL guys.....they need some more good film to help their cause. I would actually wonder exactly who was counseling Deebo if he had played in the bowl

If we're comparing Deebo to Clowney...Deebo is skipping a single game, and Clowney skipped an entire eligible year. Both are making choices that are no-brainers.

I'm not sure why people keep saying "outside of the playoff.." There's no reason for it stop at "meaningless" bowl games. I could see players quitting in the middle of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT