ADVERTISEMENT

Well according to Twitter Loggains is in....

vidaliagamecock

Nov 20, 2001
I'd rather have Kenny Loggins, than Dowell Loggains. I guess this proves that no one of note believes in South Carolina or Beamer. If they did, Beamer would have to lie about having a list of great candidates and settling on the Arkansas's tight end coach. If we don't score 40+ next year in every game no matter who is the qb, I would hope we'd boo.

Thanks for visiting. Here's a full free article on the hire if anyone else is interested:

Read it, doesn't make it the choice feel great.
I rarely bother to read the front page of this site any more. I got it from a Twitter update. Happy to hear this site got a scoop. I am underwhelmed.
No offense intended Caleb. I am just in a state of shock. I missed the front page article and am in disbelief. You are an insider. WTF is up with this hire? Objectively this does not look like the best and brightest were knocking down the doors of the football complex to join the program. This looks like we hired the only choice there was. In many ways, to me, this looks like Shane Beamer fluffed the fans with a lie, that we actually had a number of great prospects and yet we settled on the Arkansas Tight End's coach. I am in a state of disbelief.

No offense intended Caleb. I am just in a state of shock. I missed the front page article and am in disbelief. You are an insider. WTF is up with this hire? Objectively this does not look like the best and brightest were knocking down the doors of the football complex to join the program. This looks like we hired the only choice there was. In many ways, to me, this looks like Shane Beamer fluffed the fans with a lie, that we actually had a number of great prospects and yet we settled on the Arkansas Tight End's coach. I am in a state of disbelief.
Generally, I save "Insider Notes" for the premium side of the site, and I will have a more optimistic look at his career posted this evening, but I will say what I said on the podcast earlier today: Shane Beamer didn't settle for Loggains, he actively went after him and was on his list from the very beginning.

Now I agree that his resume isn't who I'd personally have targeted so heavily, but I guess Beamer believes in the guy, and I do think some of his resume needs a little contextualizing. The first place to look is who his QBs were in the NFL.

USC fans: notoriously harsh on our OCs
USC coach: hire a disappointing OC
USC fans: lower our expectations
USC coach: 2023 goes very average but fans arent as mad (see line 3)

Brilliant

And I thought all the "debbies" went over to On3! First no one had a decent thing to say about Coach Beamer's hire and ,actually, just about EVERY hire! I do believe Coach Beamer will look for certain people with knowledge and ethics above just a lot of press clippings! How many of you would swap Beamer for The Dabo??

And I thought all the "debbies" went over to On3! First no one had a decent thing to say about Coach Beamer's hire and ,actually, just about EVERY hire! I do believe Coach Beamer will look for certain people with knowledge and ethics above just a lot of press clippings! How many of you would swap Beamer for The Dabo??

I don't even know what this means.

There is ZERO in this man's resume that suggests anything positive. He was a disaster as an offensive coordinator at multiple stops.

As an NFL coach coordinating 4 different offenses, he parlayed that into a tight-ends coach position in college. Not exactly a resume builder.

Reactions: vidaliagamecock
Generally, I save "Insider Notes" for the premium side of the site, and I will have a more optimistic look at his career posted this evening, but I will say what I said on the podcast earlier today: Shane Beamer didn't settle for Loggains, he actively went after him and was on his list from the very beginning.

Now I agree that his resume isn't who I'd personally have targeted so heavily, but I guess Beamer believes in the guy, and I do think some of his resume needs a little contextualizing. The first place to look is who his QBs were in the NFL.

Do we have 2 National Championships? If so, I take Dabo.

Beamer is a hype machine. That's what he does.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. If the hire works out, Beamer looks like a genius. If it's a flop, no one is going to care about our two-game run the year prior and he's going to start feeling the heat at the end of his third season in charge.

I'm not so much questioning the hire as I am questioning how in the world was this guy even considered? How did he get on "the List"? Was this somebody Beamer knew and had a relationship with? Have they ever coached together before? Beamer is no dummy, so there must be some connection. I don't doubt that he did his due diligence on the guy. I'm sure he thoroughly interviewed the guy, talked to other coaches who worked with him, and maybe players who played for him, but how was he initially sought out. It is obviously not due to a sterling record of success, so what was it?

Reactions: uscwatson21
The last time a coach brought a pro-style offense here is when Kingston brought that crap to our beloved Gamecocks when he was hired. That didnt work out too well... probably because there's a reason why most colleges dont travel down that rabbit hole.
So let's just forget any lessons we may have learned and try it again. Smdh.

Reactions: gcockwin
The last time a coach brought a pro-style offense here is when Kingston brought that crap to our beloved Gamecocks when he was hired. That didnt work out too well... probably because there's a reason why most colleges dont travel down that rabbit hole.
So let's just forget any lessons we may have learned and try it again. Smdh.
Kingston hasn’t shown me a thing since he’s been here. I can never even remember his name.

Reactions: bucketdad
I'm not so much questioning the hire as I am questioning how in the world was this guy even considered? How did he get on "the List"? Was this somebody Beamer knew and had a relationship with? Have they ever coached together before? Beamer is no dummy, so there must be some connection. I don't doubt that he did his due diligence on the guy. I'm sure he thoroughly interviewed the guy, talked to other coaches who worked with him, and maybe players who played for him, but how was he initially sought out. It is obviously not due to a sterling record of success, so what was it?

They have the same agent. Most likely Beamer got on him from his agent and liked what he heard.

Kingston hasn’t shown me a thing since he’s been here. I can never even remember his name.
Yeah we have had a pretty large sample size to go by when it comes to the teams he fields. You would think with his pro style type offense, we'd have seen at least one guy's batting skills improve by now. I wont even go in to his strategy (play calling).
That said, I do hope Beamer's OC and his pro style offense is far more effective. Wouldn't take all that much I suppose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT