ADVERTISEMENT

Well heck, I am going to just stop all together watching any local

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
Greenville news. I was talking to a cousin today that lives in the Greenville area and they were telling me that watch the local Fox news station in Greenville since it starts at 4 PM. We always watch the Asheville news that comes on at 5 PM but I do love to watch Greenville from time to time because that is my window to home. But, when I watch Greenville I don't watch the sports segment for the obvious reason.

Well, low and behold I just flipped the channel to Fox News in Greenville and they were having a love fest for D. Watson. They said they would be interviewing him every night between now and Monday asking him everything about his recovery from his surgery to what he is majoring in at quempsum.

Dang, every news station in Greenville is simply goes overboard with quempsum football coverage. I never remember in all of my born days USC getting that type of coverage in the upstate, even when Big George won the Heisman.

I hate quempsum!

Originally posted by Freddie.B.Cocky:

Greenville news. I was talking to a cousin today that lives in the Greenville area and they were telling me that watch the local Fox news station in Greenville since it starts at 4 PM. We always watch the Asheville news that comes on at 5 PM but I do love to watch Greenville from time to time because that is my window to home. But, when I watch Greenville I don't watch the sports segment for the obvious reason.

Well, low and behold I just flipped the channel to Fox News in Greenville and they were having a love fest for D. Watson. They said they would be interviewing him every night between now and Monday asking him everything about his recovery from his surgery to what he is majoring in at quempsum.

Dang, every news station in Greenville is simply goes overboard with quempsum football coverage. I never remember in all of my born days USC getting that type of coverage in the upstate, even when Big George won the Heisman.

I hate quempsum!
Several stations in Columbia and Charleston stream their newscasts "live". Not quite the Clemron lovefest from upstate broadcasters.

I believe Ron Bass is the Sales Mgr. or maybe even the Station Mgr. for Fox in Greenville. Bass is the legendary real life QB portrayed in the movie "Remember The Titans" who came to USC and played QB. I wouldn't think he would slobber all over Watson like that if it was his decision, but I don't know. I live in Greenville, and it is sickening to watch the local sports love fest for everything Clemson up here. I lived in Columbia for about 15 years, counting 4 years at USC, but I've been in Greenville for 20 years now. I really miss Columbia. I do find that the Spartanburg (channel 7) coverage is very balanced,and fair towards USC for the most part. I've also read on FGF from posters who said that Sptbg probably leans towards USC greater than 50%. I'm curious to know the observations of more Gamecocks who reside in Sptbg.

Originally posted by atl-cock:

I hate quempsum!
Several stations in Columbia and Charleston stream their newscasts "live". Not quite the Clemron lovefest from upstate broadcasters.
There is no clemson love fest up here. People hear what they want to hear.

I moved away from SC about 6 years ago, so I don't know how it is now. But I lived in both Columbia and Greenville watching the local sports broadcasts of WIS and WYFF, respectively, during that time. There's no doubt that WIS gave significantly more coverage to the Gamecocks than WYFF did (which is to be expected), but I never noticed what I considered a "Clemson love fest" from WYFF. The broadcast may have leaned toward Clemson, but that's to be expected too.

Originally posted by jeff2001:

Originally posted by atl-cock:

I hate quempsum!
There is no clemson love fest up here. People hear what they want to hear.
BS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT