ADVERTISEMENT

Well, I guess it's official...

JKC4USC

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2007
We are now Mizzos whipping boy. Football, basketball, and now baseball. What's even worse is we've been in the SEC about 20 more years than them, and they're already matching/surpassing us in most sports. Thank God for ladies basketball. And to answer some of your questions, yes, I am pissed and in a foul mood. But, I'm a long time Gamecock, and as usual I'll get over it. I'm use to it by now. Flame away.

All I'm gonna say is let's how the next few years play out.... I know it's only their third year. But as of now we own the overall record in football and baseball since they joined. I'm not saying that can't change buts let's hope for the best.

My bad. I stand corrected, but I'm still po'd.

I was thinking about this earlier. You have to remember they came from a solid conference to the SEC.They also had success prior to joining the SEC.Their geographic footprint includes KC and ST.Louis.Illinois,Texas,Kentucky are all feasibly close.
Now us.While close to ATL and Charlotte,there are alot more D1 schools in relation to distance. We have another D1 school in our state. We were an independent with a (generous,here).500 record with blips of success.
Point being they've played meaningful games 40+ years. We are finally starting to win,after playing meaningful games after 20 years. This with a higher number of schools,and a lower number of recruits to select from,once you divide the populationby the # of schools.
Not an excuse, just my conclusion.
All that being said Mizzou baseball this year reminds me of UK last year. Getting breaks, and taking advantage.

This post was edited on 3/22 9:08 AM by IrmoRed

are you implying all are games previous to the sec are not meaningful? If that's the case, why the heck did we field a team and bother playing at all? All games are meaningful....js

I went to the first Mizzou at South Carolina football game which we lost. The horseshoe is beautiful. I am so proud of Mizzou for having the courage to jump to the SEC. I really like Frank Martin from his Big 12 days - he'll win - have patience. Spurrier is cool. Peace.

22 Texans on the football roster. Distance is percieved differently in the midwest/west.People are used to driving longer distances,because they have to. Not flaming,just a fact. If I weren't a trucker, I would never have known that.

Our only sports program worth bragging" about is WBB. I think the MBB is showing signs of getting better, hope the football team comes back to being an East contender but I fear Holbrook is losing all the greatness Tanner built into the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT