ADVERTISEMENT

Well this makes me sick...

This sucks. Rock Hill used to be solid Gamecock territory. Clemson has a commitment from a kicker there, who is one of the best in the country.

Why all the hate for Muschamp and Spurrier over on the tater boards?

Yeah. There’s plenty of that on our OWN board!

Swinney’s doing something right up there. Make up what you want. Read into it what you want. Accuse him of what you want. But damn, he’s taken a so-so program and turned it into a national champ. It sucks, but it’s true. Insulting him and making fun of him doesn’t do us any good, just makes us look like whiny little idiots.

GO COCKS!

Shannon
USC ‘88

Yeah. There’s plenty of that on our OWN board!

Swinney’s doing something right up there. Make up what you want. Read into it what you want. Accuse him of what you want. But damn, he’s taken a so-so program and turned it into a national champ. It sucks, but it’s true. Insulting him and making fun of him doesn’t do us any good, just makes us look like whiny little idiots.

GO COCKS!

Shannon
USC ‘88
tenor.gif

Y'all do realize that Johnstone is (or was) the name of a set of dorms at Clemsux. The iluvsfoosball guy above is just an all out douche.

Reactions: rogue cock
Again, bitch all you want about Swinney, his immaturity, his rants, his sleeping with his mother... he's the reigning championship football coach! He's doing the little things (like visiting an elementary school) to build his program. Did he give out Clemson shirts or hats or orange cookies to the kids? Not sure if that'd be allowed by the NCAA (who doesn't seem to have the balls to do anything these days anyway) but even if they yell at him for it, these kids will remember the visit.

When I was a kid playing church league basketball, I remember the invited guest to our post-season ceremony was USC basketball player Cedric Hordges. I still remember that and it was 40 years ago. These kids just got a visit from a championship coach! Hell YES they'll remember it. This is how you make fans of little kids. Maybe one of them will grow up to be a great athlete and go to the school that he's been following for 8 years because of a visit or a cookie. So maybe we need for our players/coaches/fans to do more in the community to start kids off right and not let them get near the orange kool-aid.

Build for the future, otherwise any successes will be short-lived.

GO COCKS!

Shannon
USC '88

That's both Dabo and Jeff Scott visiting the kicker commit BT Potter. His mother is an elementary school teacher so they stopped by her class to visit.
But please continue with your retarded conspiracy theories.

Reactions: humble servant
Seems Dabo was in town (RH) last week.

The real story is that Dabo and Jeff Scott went to Rock Hill to visit the kicker and his father. The mother who is the school teacher in the photo couldn't get off work to attend the meeting, so Dabo went to the mother's classroom for a visit. I call this solid recruiting.

The real story is that Dabo and Jeff Scott went to Rock Hill to visit the kicker and his father. The mother who is the school teacher in the photo couldn't get off work to attend the meeting, so Dabo went to the mother's classroom for a visit. I call this solid recruiting.

He still made sure there was a camera there because its always going to be about him.

I can not believe that someone in the school had a camera phone. C'mon guys. We are better than this. He met with the Potter family and went to the school where she teaches to make sure she was a part of it. They took pictures as he is a celebrity(like it or not). At least none of the kids threw up 4 fingers to punk us. Now that would have sparked some reason to be irrate.

As of now, let's get Muschamp and staff out there doing the same thing with these visits to recruits and commits. Makes sense to me.

I can not believe that someone in the school had a camera phone. C'mon guys. We are better than this. He met with the Potter family and went to the school where she teaches to make sure she was a part of it. They took pictures as he is a celebrity(like it or not). At least none of the kids threw up 4 fingers to punk us. Now that would have sparked some reason to be irrate.

As of now, let's get Muschamp and staff out there doing the same thing with these visits to recruits and commits. Makes sense to me.
Excellent post!!

yep...he finally got his picture on the Rock Hill Schools facebook page...#moreviewsonfgf
https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/dabos-class.246643/
If Dabo found a cure for cancer tomorrow, you guys would say he only did it for the attention.
https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/where-is-the-evidence.245408/
...now I'm having a difficult time deciding on if I should increase my IPTAY donation or just give more to my church....

Big news for you OP, there are good people at both schools. Cleaning out my son’s book bag ( he’s 7) several weeks ago I find a balled up piece of paper and go to throw it away but read it to make sure it’s nothing important from a teacher. When I read it, i see that it’s a note to a coach lattamoar, thanking him for reading to him in the library earlier that day.

This letter was his first draft and the second (with improved spelling) was delivered in person. Marcus hugged him and thanked him for making his day-

Good people often do good things regardless of where they went to school or who they cheer for.

Dabo is a great guy, just as Marcus is.

Reactions: Cumberlandsc
Big news for you OP, there are good people at both schools. Cleaning out my son’s book bag ( he’s 7) several weeks ago I find a balled up piece of paper and go to throw it away but read it to make sure it’s nothing important from a teacher. When I read it, i see that it’s a note to a coach lattamoar, thanking him for reading to him in the library earlier that day.

This letter was his first draft and the second (with improved spelling) was delivered in person. Marcus hugged him and thanked him for making his day-

Good people often do good things regardless of where they went to school or who they cheer for.

Hope your son’s spelling on the letter was better than yours in this post. lattamoar??

If you hold Da-Blo on the same integrity level as Marcus I advise you to call the drug addiction hotline...NOW.

Reactions: Cybercock
Marcus does those things ALL the time and there does not have to be a CAMERA on him. That is the difference. But at least the camera WAS rolling when Dabo got the speeding ticket ( for which the deputy was fired). After all, Dabo is such a great guy.

Why all the hate for Muschamp and Spurrier over on the tater boards?

Just to clarify - most people on the Clemson boards harbor no ill will towards Spurrier. We actually think he's funny as hell now.

Muschamp will be the same way - when he leaves, our hatred (if you can call it that) of him will go away too.

You guys hate Dabo. That's fine. Clemson fans hate Muschamp. That's fine. Just so long as it doesn't go too far (as in threats to the coaches or their families) it's NBD. It's how it should be, really.

Last edited:
Marcus does those things ALL the time and there does not have to be a CAMERA on him. That is the difference. But at least the camera WAS rolling when Dabo got the speeding ticket ( for which the deputy was fired). After all, Dabo is such a great guy.
Yeah, but Swinney is a national personality. Marcus is obscure outside SC.

Yeah, but Swinney is a national personality. Marcus is obscure outside SC.
Hahaha
I laughed.

Marcus is as well known as Da-blo to people that follow college football.
Funny when I travel abroad and tell people I'm from SC a lot of them ask if I'm a Carolina or Clempson fan. And if I tell them I'm from Rock Hill a lot of them ask "Isn't that where Jadeveon Clowney is from?", or ask about Spurrier or Lattimore. But I've never had anyone ask me anything about Da-blo.
Funny how that works.

Last edited:
Hahaha
I laughed.

Funny when I travel abroad and tell people I'm from SC a lot of them ask if I'm a Carolina or Clempson fan. And if I tell them I'm from Rock Hill a lot of them ask "Isn't that where Jadeveon Clowney is from?", or ask about Spurrier or Lattimore. But I've never had anyone ask me anything about Da-blo.
Funny how that works.
Yeah, I don't believe you.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
Hahaha
I laughed.

Funny how that works.

Well, I guess we can put that "nobody knows where Clemson is" story to rest now...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT