ADVERTISEMENT

Well this makes me sick...

Hahaha
I laughed.

Marcus is as well known as Da-blo to people that follow college football.
Funny when I travel abroad and tell people I'm from SC a lot of them ask if I'm a Carolina or Clempson fan. And if I tell them I'm from Rock Hill a lot of them ask "Isn't that where Jadeveon Clowney is from?", or ask about Spurrier or Lattimore. But I've never had anyone ask me anything about Da-blo.
Funny how that works.

Where are you traveling to abroad? The places I’ve been, I’ve never had one single person initiate a conversation about college football. Only people who may know are American expats. This is a very US-centric sport.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
Again, bitch all you want about Swinney, his immaturity, his rants, his sleeping with his mother... he's the reigning championship football coach! He's doing the little things (like visiting an elementary school) to build his program. Did he give out Clemson shirts or hats or orange cookies to the kids? Not sure if that'd be allowed by the NCAA (who doesn't seem to have the balls to do anything these days anyway) but even if they yell at him for it, these kids will remember the visit.

When I was a kid playing church league basketball, I remember the invited guest to our post-season ceremony was USC basketball player Cedric Hordges. I still remember that and it was 40 years ago. These kids just got a visit from a championship coach! Hell YES they'll remember it. This is how you make fans of little kids. Maybe one of them will grow up to be a great athlete and go to the school that he's been following for 8 years because of a visit or a cookie. So maybe we need for our players/coaches/fans to do more in the community to start kids off right and not let them get near the orange kool-aid.

Build for the future, otherwise any successes will be short-lived.

GO COCKS!

Shannon
USC '88
Sounds like you are dying to see him on Mt. Rushmore..

Sounds like you are dying to see him on Mt. Rushmore..

Haha! Nope. I think he’s a douche. I’m just pointing out that while we’re over here making fun of him, he’s built a #1 program. Sure, the ACC isn’t that strong but he beat Alabama last year and Auburn this year.

Rather than make fun of their program and whatever they do to get high schoolers to sign, maybe we need to figure out a way to get them to come to USC.

Hahaha
I laughed.

Marcus is as well known as Da-blo to people that follow college football.
Funny when I travel abroad and tell people I'm from SC a lot of them ask if I'm a Carolina or Clempson fan. And if I tell them I'm from Rock Hill a lot of them ask "Isn't that where Jadeveon Clowney is from?", or ask about Spurrier or Lattimore. But I've never had anyone ask me anything about Da-blo.
Funny how that works.
You’re arguing that a guy who hasn’t played a down of football in over 5 years is more well known than the HC who won the national championship last year and has the #1 seeded playoff team this year? That’s a stretch, even for you.

You’re arguing that a guy who hasn’t played a down of football in over 5 years is more well known than the HC who won the national championship last year and has the #1 seeded playoff team this year? That’s a stretch, even for you.
I'm not arguing, just stating.
5 years is not that long.

So do you boys always answer for each other?
Tag team trolls, lmao :p

I know you both believe/hope/dream that the entire college football world adores Da-blo, but reality is they do not.
#stilllookingforloveinallthewrongplaces
I don't really care whether anybody outside of Clemson adores him. That would be a bit weird anyway. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think the college football world is quite interested in what Dabo has built and how he's done it. It's pretty different from the other models out there. And it's perfectly acceptable for the fans of Clemson's direct rival to despise him, believe him to be a talentless phony cheerleader, and a snakeoil salesman. That's expected. Tennessee fans really dislike Dabo at this point, too. You should see some of their message boards. Dabo is doing to the state of Tennessee what Fulmer and UT did to the state of South Carolina back in the '90s.

Dabo is a master at controlling the narrative of virtually any situation.

Example #1:
After getting beat for the 3rd year in a row by SC, his infamous rant deflected all of the attention away from what had just occurred ... 3 consecutive bad losses to their arch rival that had not happened in over 30 years. After the rant, every Tater was thinking of all the ways they could say they were better than USC. They were actually more fired up.

Example #2:
After his team “Clemsoned” vs Syracuse, he goes into the ‘Cuse locker room to praise their effort. Now they had just lost to a losing team in a game where they were favored by 26 pts. It was the worse upset from a Vegas point spread perspective EVER! After his locker room antics, all ESPN and social media was talking about was what a stand up guy Dabo is for congratulating the Syracuse team for how they played. What a magnanimous person! Nobody was talking much about what a huge upset they just took.

Example 3:
Dabo goes into a patented rant on the sidelines of the SC game this season because his players had a few 1/2 full water bottles thrown at them in response to the pre-game taunts from his players. ESPN and social media explodes with statements about how “dangerous” it was. After all, Dabo said it was dangerous ... as if 1/2 full water bottles could actually hurt a player in full gear, and how Clemson showed class while SC showed their ass.

Let’s face it. The guy has put together a formidable social media machine. They can create as much negative media about USC as they want, which then gets repeated, reprinted, and rebroadcast by those Clemson doesn’t own or control. He may not be the greatest X’s & O’s guy, but he knows how to manipulate and control the media mouths to do his bidding. He tells them what to think, and they do. He’s got the orange cool aid flowing.

So do you boys always answer for each other?
Tag team trolls, lmao :p

I know you both believe/hope/dream that the entire college football world adores Da-blo, but reality is they do not.
#stilllookingforloveinallthewrongplaces
I don't believe that. I just know you're either a liar or an idiot if you think the average college football fan knows who Marcus is. :)

ADVERTISEMENT