ADVERTISEMENT

Well, tickle me pink...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s ok in Gods eyes to be homosexual then why is it impossible for 2 people of the same sex to reproduce? Not possible to go forth and multiply. But on the OPs topic I don’t see this guy lasting 2 more years sure players will say all the right things that still doesn’t mean they like or agree with it. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to shower around an admitted homosexual in the locker room.

We went from a sports story to politics, then religion. How about money? Will this cost the league money with fans who are not for social changes with football, But want to see sports to get away from the world?

I don’t think this particular situation will have any ramifications with the fans. They’re already watching a bunch of dudes in tight pants tackle each other to the ground - I don’t think what this guy does off the field is going to move the needle too much.

And from his statement, I don’t think he’s going to push the social change element until he’s out of football. It sounds like he’s just trying to show some representation in the sports world. Of course reporters will run with it right now because he’s the first. But soon there will be a second and third and then we won’t know how many because it will just be normal and accepted that gay people are around in all walks of life (no matter how “manly” the walk of life is).

This notion that Jesus was/is a pacifist liberal has been debunked. And you continue to mock the bible but then also use it when it suits your own political agenda.
Sorry that love your neighbor, love your enemies are such offensive concepts to you.

The words of Jesus are both liberating and painful. His agenda for his ministry was for the kingdom of God.
In Luke 4:16 Jesus announces clearly his agenda

The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free the oppressed,

For you to attempt to reduce my faith of love for all people. A gospel that Jesus was willing to die for to simply a “liberal political agenda” .
Well that says more about your heart that mine.

Sorry that love your neighbor, love your enemies are such offensive concepts to you.

The words of Jesus are both liberating and painful. His agenda for his ministry was for the kingdom of God.
In Luke 4:16 Jesus announces clearly his agenda

The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free the oppressed,

For you to attempt to reduce my faith of love for all people. A gospel that Jesus was willing to die for to simply a “liberal political agenda” .
Well that says more about your heart that mine.
Jesus was not a pacifist, why continue this debunked lie if not to further your rather obvious liberal agenda and continued blasphemy of the word of God?

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner. JESUS SAID.... Love your neighbor, love your enemies, love those nasty ass foreigners, Samaritans.

The only time he espoused violence was when he encountered religious hypocrisy married with price gouging capitalism.

He told us to get the log out of our own damn eye, before worrying about somebody else’s sinfulness. He even said if your right eye causes you to sin pluck it out. I will start taking fundamentalist, evangelical, inerrantist seriously when they have one eyed sinner support group in their churches
You may want to read up on Lot and what happened to 2 cities. Take the word or leave it, it's always been free will. There is a choice and consequences thereafter.

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
My wife and I have a hard rule, if we don't know you (or know someone that does and can vouch for you), we won't give. There's enough need just locally, no need to go beyond that.

Example (and I just wrote a check this morning)...a friend's wife was recently diagnosed with cancer, and it's pretty much terminal. He is temporarily unable to work caring for her, but the bills haven't stopped coming in. He's a hard worker, has been all of his life, and she has been too. That's the criteria that we use and will continue to use. It's a blessing to be able to help them.
I am not religious- but THIS is what I think of when I think of a “good Christian”- caring about your community and helping your fellow man. Kudos to your and your family Chief!

Knowing bible verses and telling people they are going to Hell because they don’t live their life the way you think they should is virtue signaling hypocritical BS. Unfortunately that is a more accurate portrayal of what I have seen most Christians do publicly.

The Bible was unaware that we were going to introduce over a 150,000+ chemicals, some gender bending, into our world.

They cause estrogen dominance which can also be passed down for generations. There's plenty of NIH literature on the subject and they've been able to reverse with hormones like testosterone.

When I posted this, it wasn't because of Carl Nassib coming out that was news. Because he is another person who felt the need to help other people who have issues and committing suicide by coming out.

We all have issues and we should help other people who have issues, thinking committing suicide is the answer. In the last year, suicide is up and we learned more about suicide and how it impact a family and community through RH3. I'm glad Ryan came to Carolina, just wished he could have stuck around, but that's another debate for another time. But I think he and his family opened our eyes about suicide and we should support suicide prevention organization for everyone.

This is what the title of "Well, tickle me pink.." was all about.... "Two weeks earlier that year, WNBA’s Brittney Griner came out as lesbian. (who would didn't see this coming)"

I am not religious- but THIS is what I think of when I think of a “good Christian”- caring about your community and helping your fellow man. Kudos to your and your family Chief!

Knowing bible verses and telling people they are going to Hell because they don’t live their life the way you think they should is virtue signaling hypocritical BS. Unfortunately that is a more accurate portrayal of what I have seen most Christians do publicly.
With all due respect, that is what Jesus, over and over, commanded professing Christians to do - to tell of Jesus' love for others and of his death on the cross because of their sin and to warn of the judgement to come. He also mentioned over and over how "you shall know them (Christians) by their fruit." I would have to look but I dont remember him every discussing "caring about your community" - other than being concerned for their eternal souls.

With all due respect, that is what Jesus, over and over, commanded professing Christians to do - to tell of Jesus' love for others and of his death on the cross because of their sin and to warn of the judgement to come. He also mentioned over and over how "you shall know them (Christians) by their fruit." I would have to look but I dont remember him every discussing "caring about your community" - other than being concerned for their eternal souls.
“Love your neighbor as yourself” perhaps? I don’t see where anything you wrote countered a single thing I said… You are just doing exactly what I mentioned in the second half of my comment.

This is where I stand. I don't feel like I need to tell people, I need to show them, set a good example. If someone asks my personal opinion, I'll give it to them, but I certainly won't pound them over the head with damnation if I don't agree with them or if I personally feel it's morally wrong. There are certain things that I feel strongly about, and I feel like I'm right about them, but as long as you don't push it on me, I'm good with that. It's up to the good Lord to lay conviction on their heart.

I'm a Christian, but I am not a regular church-goer, the Lord knows my heart. Church brought me much frustration, even anger. Not the actual message being preached, but some of the people that made up the church. People worry too much about others instead of worrying about themselves. Church politics, gossip, I'm done with that.

Example...I once played in the praise band at a church. Not something that I sought out, I was asked to by the pastor's wife who sang and was the director. I received an anonymous letter (although I think I knew who sent it) asking me how I could praise the Lord on Sundays, but play in a band (sometimes in bars) Friday and Saturday. I take music seriously, and if someone is paying me, I feel like I should be 100%, so I don't drink at bars when I'm playing. Certainly I may knock back a few when I get home, but you'll never see me playing music publicly and drinking my ass off. What business was it of this "cowardly Christian"? I immediately told the director I was done, told her why, and she understood, she couldn't believe someone actually did that and did it anonymously.

Another one...I was an elder and SS teacher at another church. When my youngest started playing alot of travel baseball, I wanted to be there. I always arranged for someone to cover for me when I wasn't there. The pastor did have the guts to talk to me face to face, but told me the ballfield was the wrong place for him or me to be on Sunday morning. I agreed to disagree. Resigned everything, and left. My membership is still there, but haven't been back except to play music at a wedding and a few funerals.

I could give numerous other examples, and it's just not something I want to be a part of. Live your best life and be a good example. You don't have to tell them, show them, and above all mind your own business.

With all due respect, that is what Jesus, over and over, commanded professing Christians to do - to tell of Jesus' love for others and of his death on the cross because of their sin and to warn of the judgement to come.
Exactly where in the commandments of Christ did he state that? ( warn of the judgement to come.)

Exactly where in the commandments of Christ did he state that? ( warn of the judgement to come.)
Matthew 7:22- 23 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

Matthew 11:24 Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for you.”

John 12:48 He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day

Luke 10:14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the judgment than for you.

John 5:22 For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,

John 8:16 But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me.

John 9:39 And Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind.”

John 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

This is where I stand. I don't feel like I need to tell people, I need to show them, set a good example. If someone asks my personal opinion, I'll give it to them, but I certainly won't pound them over the head with damnation if I don't agree with them or if I personally feel it's morally wrong. There are certain things that I feel strongly about, and I feel like I'm right about them, but as long as you don't push it on me, I'm good with that. It's up to the good Lord to lay conviction on their heart.

I'm a Christian, but I am not a regular church-goer, the Lord knows my heart. Church brought me much frustration, even anger. Not the actual message being preached, but some of the people that made up the church. People worry too much about others instead of worrying about themselves. Church politics, gossip, I'm done with that.

Example...I once played in the praise band at a church. Not something that I sought out, I was asked to by the pastor's wife who sang and was the director. I received an anonymous letter (although I think I knew who sent it) asking me how I could praise the Lord on Sundays, but play in a band (sometimes in bars) Friday and Saturday. I take music seriously, and if someone is paying me, I feel like I should be 100%, so I don't drink at bars when I'm playing. Certainly I may knock back a few when I get home, but you'll never see me playing music publicly and drinking my ass off. What business was it of this "cowardly Christian"? I immediately told the director I was done, told her why, and she understood, she couldn't believe someone actually did that and did it anonymously.

Another one...I was an elder and SS teacher at another church. When my youngest started playing alot of travel baseball, I wanted to be there. I always arranged for someone to cover for me when I wasn't there. The pastor did have the guts to talk to me face to face, but told me the ballfield was the wrong place for him or me to be on Sunday morning. I agreed to disagree. Resigned everything, and left. My membership is still there, but haven't been back except to play music at a wedding and a few funerals.

I could give numerous other examples, and it's just not something I want to be a part of. Live your best life and be a good example. You don't have to tell them, show them, and above all mind your own business.
Good for you. I disagree with much of what you are saying but I am not hear to try to convince you of anything. Not even sure why we are having this discussion. No one ever changed because of an online argument or discussion.....

Matthew 7:22- 23 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

Matthew 11:24 Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for you.”

John 12:48 He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day

Luke 10:14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the judgment than for you.

John 5:22 For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,

John 8:16 But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me.

John 9:39 And Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, so that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind.”

John 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
And where in those verses are Christians commanded to "warn of the judgement to come".

And where in those verses are Christians commanded to "warn of the judgement to come".
I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking where Christ warned of judgement. I get it though. You wanna play semantics. It is late and I am not going to take the time to pull more verses for you to look at. In fact, I am not even sure that there is a verse that says specifically to warn others of the coming judgement - at least not in those exact words. There are hundreds of verses that command Christians to try to reach everyone that possibly can with the gospel. What is the gospel? That we are all sinners who have made God the Father angry over our sin and that the only way to avoid judgement and hell is to admit we cannot do anything to gain Gods' favor beyond putting our complete faith and trust in what Christ did on the cross as our substitute, believing in who he said he was, believing that he died and rose from the grave and paid our debt and turn from our sin. I know everyone in America seems to think that pretty much everyone goes to heaven when they die. Jesus taught the complete opposite. Jesus taught that few of us would enter heaven and that most of us would go to hell. Sadly, half of the churches in America spend all of their time talking about Jesus and his love and no time talking about his teachings on sin and judgment and the existence of hell.

Sadly, half of the churches in America spend all of their time talking about Jesus and his love and no time talking about his teachings on sin and judgment and the existence of hell.
And yet, there are no commandments from Jesus to back up your claim.
Instead, you're sitting here judging "churches" with some attitude that is your opinion, not scripture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT