ADVERTISEMENT

Well, we crapped in the dough tray when we let Jake get away. But, what the heck, we're use to doing

He wasn't my favorite player but he was a good player. Just look at what he did today on the home field of an undefeated Colorado team.

Had Jake not transferred he would have easily broken a number of school passing recorders. I can't understand why more people or not upset that THE COACHING STAFF let him leave USC. I can't remember the scores in all of our games this year but he could have won the UT game and who knows maybe just maybe ignited the entire team.

True to form for any QB that ever played for Muschamp, he never grew. I've said many times that I thought Muschamp monkeyed around the QB room as well as on the headsets during a game.

Reactions: Brace1
This was far and away the best game he had. It was good, not fantastic. 20/32, 240, 2td, 1 int. His overall stats are about the same as what they were here.

Reactions: jeff2001
I can't understand why more people or not upset that THE COACHING STAFF let him leave USC.

What did you want the staff to do?

Hold him hostage? Show him a picture of Bobby tied to a chair, blindfolded, with a gun to his head? Threaten his puppy?

Look, I liked Jake as a player, good and bad. Liked his attitude.

But it’s not debatable that he was very inconsistent. He’d have a great performance, then have everyone scratching their heads trying to figure out what was wrong with him.

Part of it was the OL, part of it was inconsistent play from WR’s, and part of it likely was him pressing trying to make plays.

And despite it all, he was still on track to own most of our passing records.

The kid needed a fresh start somewhere, I can imagine having your dad on staff can be stressful. I’d like to see him get a shot at making a NFL roster. Not sure he’d be a starter, but he can make a great living just toting a clipboard. I wish him the best, kid played hard while was here.

If Bentley stays and we end up 5-5 or better we still have Muschamp as our HC. It’s up to you to decide whether that would have been worth it.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
What did you want the staff to do?

Hold him hostage? Show him a picture of Bobby tied to a chair, blindfolded, with a gun to his head? Threaten his puppy?

Look, I liked Jake as a player, good and bad. Liked his attitude.

But it’s not debatable that he was very inconsistent. He’d have a great performance, then have everyone scratching their heads trying to figure out what was wrong with him.

Part of it was the OL, part of it was inconsistent play from WR’s, and part of it likely was him pressing trying to make plays.

The kid needed a fresh start somewhere, I can imagine having your dad on staff can be stressful. I’d like to see him get a shot at making a NFL roster. Not sure he’d be a starter, but he can make a great living just toting a clipboard. I wish him the best, kid played hard while was here.

No, we could have done none of those things to retain Jake but we could have treated him with respect, given him the proper coaching and stop blaming him for everything that when wrong on the field. For example, the last game he played in was against uncarolina and USC lost the game. The defense gave up two 90 + yard drives against uncarolina but somehow Jake got the blame for the loss.

No, we could have done none of those things to retain Jake but we could have treated him with respect, given him the proper coaching and stop blaming him for everything that when wrong on the field. For example, the last game he played in was against uncarolina and USC lost the game. The defense gave up two 90 + yard drives against uncarolina but somehow Jake got the blame for the loss.
Coaches never blamed Jake for anything. The fans did. I though your premise was the coaches let him walk and that was a mistake?

That’s the nouveau gamecock social media fan; they also blamed Garcia for losing the UK game we took a 28-10 lead into the locker at the half. Bentley took a 20-9 lead into the FOURTH QUARTER and got the ball back TWICE after those drives you mention. Got sacked and injured on the last play of the game from a prevent and a THREE MAN RUSH. But yeah; Bentley. Smh.

Bingo; thank you.

This will no doubt get the chimps flinging their feces, but there was a certain WR who now i believe starts for the Raiders that prior to his senior year who was GUARANTEED, when you needed a third down ball possession catch, to drop it. Drove me up a WALL for three years.

Coaches never blamed Jake for anything. The fans did. I though your premise was the coaches let him walk and that was a mistake?

Yes, the fans blamed him for a lot but at the same time the coaches didn't stand up for Jake. And if they had stood up for him when it was right for them to stand up for him, Jake may still be here today. And that would have been a good thing because we don't have a QB today that is nearly as good as Jake.

Is everybody going to seriously sit here and act like “crapped the doe tray” is a normal reference? I don’t know if he is saying it was goid or bad or if he had a seizure while typing it up! WTH is that about Freddie? 😂

Yes, the fans blamed him for a lot but at the same time the coaches didn't stand up for Jake. And if they had stood up for him when it was right for them to stand up for him, Jake may still be here today. And that would have been a good thing because we don't have a QB today that is nearly as good as Jake.
So, you wanted Muschamp to hold a press conference and say something like

“I was recently reading Fighting Gamecock Forum on Gamecock Central, and many of our fans are being very unfair to our quarterback, Jake Bentley. I would like to let everyone know publicly that I do not condone these posts and Jake continues to have my full support.

In fact I promise hear and now that Michael Scarnecchia will never see the field here, unless Jake is injured like in the Mizzou game. Yes, I know Michael played really well but I will never consider playing him again, even in the second half versus Akron. Heck, we can be shut out by UVa in a bowl game and I promise here and now Jake will finish that game because he has my full and unconditional support.

I will not be taking any questions. Now please excuse me as I’m going to watch some film and study our gap control.“

So, you wanted Muschamp to hold a press conference and say something like

“I was recently reading Fighting Gamecock Forum on Gamecock Central, and many of our fans are being very unfair to our quarterback, Jake Bentley. I would like to let everyone know publicly that I do not condone these posts and Jake continues to have my full support.

In fact I promise hear and now that Michael Scarnecchia will never see the field here, unless Jake is injured like in the Mizzou game. Yes, I know Michael played really well but I will never consider playing him again, even in the second half versus Akron. Heck, we can be shut out by UVa in a bowl game and I promise here and now Jake will finish that game because he has my full and unconditional support.

I will not be taking any questions. Now please excuse me as I’m going to watch some film and study our gap control.“

Muschamp could have came out and said Jake has my full support until another QB proves he is better.

Muschamp could have came out and said Jake has my full support until another QB proves he is better.
Every action he took showed full support for Jake. From the moment Jake became the starter he had a competition-free, no-pressure guaranteed starting SEC starting QB job. And he also always spoke well of Jake, as a coach should. I’m not sure what more you would have wanted Muschamp to do if you believe retaining Jake was somehow the key to our success this season.

Sorry sir, but you are grasping as straws.

I’m sure the decision to leave was his. It would have been nice to see him here this season. If he’d stayed and guided the team to a .500 or better record, Will would still be here. I think we can all agree we’re in a better coaching situation now, and we wish Jake nothing but the best.

If Bentley stays and we end up 5-5 or better we still have Muschamp as our HC. It’s up to you to decide whether that would have been worth it.

In this particular discussion I am looking at what was fair to Jake only! Not looking at any of the other things that may or may not have factored into the equation.

In this particular discussion I am looking at what was fair to Jake only! Not looking at any of the other things that may or may not have factored into the equation.
It is said that, in life, timing is everything. If Jake has "arrived", which is speculative at best, then he was way late and it doesn't matter why. For our purposes, the lateness is all that matters.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Is everybody going to seriously sit here and act like “crapped the doe tray” is a normal reference? I don’t know if he is saying it was goid or bad or if he had a seizure while typing it up! WTH is that about Freddie? 😂

Sorry, I didn't spell dough correctly. May God forgive me for misspelling a word on a sports message board. I knew when I spelled doe it wasn't the correct word but I was too lazy to look up the correct word. But, please don't let it ruin your day. The main thing is everyone got the meaning and that is the most important thing of all.

Exactly what I was going to post. Jake would still be inconsistent but he probably would have been the difference in getting us another win or two and we'd probably stuck with Muschamp.

Reactions: Brace1 and Dizzy01
Sorry, I didn't spell dough correctly. May God forgive me for misspelling a word on a sports message board. I knew when I spelled doe it wasn't the correct word but I was too lazy to look up the correct word. But, please don't let it ruin your day. The main thing is everyone got the meaning and that is the most important thing of all.

Dont be testy. I had no idea what “doe tray” meant, since I have never heard the term “dough tray.” Was trying to figure that out. Thanks for supplying the correct spelling. Off to look up what a “dough tray” is.

Dont be testy. I had no idea what “doe tray” meant, since I have never heard the term “dough tray.” Was trying to figure that out. Thanks for supplying the correct spelling. Off to look up what a “dough tray” is.
Yes, please fill us all in on the meaning...that’s new to me as well.

I tend to believe most of Jake's shortcomings were the direct result of ineffective coaching. Had he been here with SOS I think he really could have been special.
I like Spurrier but honestly many of his qps were disappointments, with the exception of Connor Shaw.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be testy. But what it means is don't defecate (discharge feces from the bowels) where you eat.

Reactions: Brace1 and Zann77
Yes, please fill us all in on the meaning...that’s new to me as well.

Apparently a tray or pan in which bread dough rests/rises. Modern versions are plastic or metal, but perhaps you’ve seen reproductions of the old timey wooden troughs, popular in home decor to display candles and the like.

Freddie B Cocky: I‘ve known many hunters in my life, but I had never heard one refer to a doe tray. I was trying to figure out how a female deer figured into this and how one might employ such an item at a critical time. “I’ll just go in that doe tray over there.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 3USC1801
LOL, what ? If Muschamp did that you would be screaming from the top of the mountain. Muschamp wont change QB!!!!!! Staying with Bentley no matter what!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT