ADVERTISEMENT

Well...we have to pay Beamer....dont we? Part Two, No part three....

Nope...been here for about 40 years. You go. Your 1 year is hard to compare.
Also...get it right. I spread the truth...not negativity. Sometimes the truth is a negative to you, but not to your neighbor.
And I have been a Carolina fan over 50 years. In the 1 year I have been on this forum you’ve never made a positive post. The only thing you spread is your misery.

OK VT/Beamer supporter 1st/new "Gamecock" Fan.
I bring it up to prove the point of what you are, and how this site has been invaded.

I'm not wrong. I looked it up to make sure...memory gets fuzzy after 10,000 games and names.
'87, SC 40, VT 10 Frank Beamer Loss to JM
'88, SC 26, VT 24 Frank Beamer Loss to JM
'89, SC-VT 17 all tie
2-0-1 Joe Morrison dominated FB.

90 and 91...SC led by Sparky Woods beat the h#ll out of Frank Beamer's VT teams. If Sparky had either the foresight or luck to have coached in the Big East where Miami and West Virginia were the only two teams with a pulse to play over playing russian roulette in the SEC....then you'd better bet your neutered turkey Woods would be a hall of famer. Many would argue at that time (87-89ish) that Woods was the better coaching prospect...despite being younger. You know a lot about Foster and company. I guess you know of his personal habits/groups that helped keep him around Blacksburg for so long.
Love,
A Gamecock fan for more than the last 2 years.
Everything I know about Foster is from people discussing Ellis Johnson's defense when he was OUR DC on cockytalk, where I had the same username starting in I think 2011. I only started using this site, choosing my original cockytalk screen name after I heard from a friend of the founder that the site is never coming back. I looked up the Frank Beamer facts because I was fairly certain he wasn't at VT early enough to play Joe Morrison 4 times and just assumed the other two were at Murray State. If the defense we fielded or greatest defense ever was a 3-4 and had no connection to VT, I would know nothing about it because I would've had no curiosity of it. And by the way if you're such a great Gamecock fan, why do you think Morrison coached in '89? He died in February '89, you moron, I was born in '92 and I know that, you lived through it and can't even get it right. I only argued against you because you were saying wrong crap that you also wrongly think has anything to do with it current coach, it doesn't. Frank Beamer had more success as the HC at more stops than Sparky Woods and holding up Sparky Woods as being done great coach who just needed a better opportunity is as stupid as I was when I heard Florida fired Muschamp and thought he deserved another year there, which I posted on cockytalk, as JoeMorrisonLives a few days after my beloved South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks best his team in their house. I don't need to be a homer for another team to tell you they have our had a better coach than Sparky Woods who wouldn't been fired the year I was born if not for the mid-season emergence of Taneyhill. You're crazy and paranoid.

If one is objective about it: We struggled to barely beat mid-major East Carolina with a last second field goal. We struggled to beat mid-major Troy at home. It took a last second field to beat Vanderbilt at home.....VANDERBILT. Yes we beat Florida and Auburn at home. But both were down badly this year....Auburn fired their OC and Florida fired their whole staff. We got blown out by Texas A&M and Georgia, beat by a so-so Missouri team on the road and to a decent Kentucky team at home. But that's sort of understandable. But we got blown out by a Tennessee team which was more of an inherited mess than any other program. And we got blown out and shut out at home by the worst clemson team in years. And, by the way, clemson last shut us out over a generation ago.

Again, look at the situation objectively. Again, I don't know what Beamer's contract calls for. Beyond that, I think Beamer has earned only the minimum of what we should do.

If one is objective about it: We struggled to barely beat mid-major East Carolina with a last second field goal. We struggled to beat mid-major Troy at home. It took a last second field to beat Vanderbilt at home.....VANDERBILT. Yes we beat Florida and Auburn at home. But both were down badly this year....Auburn fired their OC and Florida fired their whole staff. We got blown out by Texas A&M and Georgia, beat by a so-so Missouri team on the road and to a decent Kentucky team at home. But that's sort of understandable. But we got blown out by a Tennessee team which was more of an inherited mess than any other program. And we got blown out and shut out at home by the worst clemson team in years. And, by the way, clemson last shut us out over a generation ago.

Again, look at the situation objectively. Again, I don't know what Beamer's contract calls for. Beyond that, I think Beamer has earned only the minimum of what we should do.

It’s going to be interesting to see the expectations for the team next year.

It’s going to be interesting to see the expectations for the team next year.
At this time, for me, they are not high. Make a change in the OC and OL coaches, bringing in proven, productive coaches, expectations change dramatically.

Let me know when Beamer takes the podium in Norman as HC. I'm dead. LOL.
Now this I agree with. Never thought he would be offered, take it, etc. Just saying his name was being discussed at OU (and not just message board or media fodder). I would think they would need a longer sample of what he does here so I wouldn’t chance it if I were them. I think/hope he is here for a long time if he is successfu.

It's Wednesday now and Beamer is a legit candidate for OU. It was Monday when I floated the idea Tanner would have to extend Beamer and raise his salary. I got chewed up and spit out.

But now it's Wednesday, maybe some of you are thinking differently. Certainly, it's very quiet out there.
No.

The talent he attracted off of his name and he still lost a game?
Oh, good Lord.

Even Nick Freakin’ Saban loses a game now and then.

Deion is in one of the worst possible situations to coach. He has so minimal support from the school that the cafeteria wouldn’t even prepare meals for the team for after practice. He had to work a deal with a local Golden Corral so his team could eat.

He had people breaking into his office and stealing his stuff during games.

He still attracted talent, but not on the scale of a SEC program, because the program is so limited financially.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Oh, good Lord.

Even Nick Freakin’ Saban loses a game now and then.

Deion is in one of the worst possible situations to coach. He has so minimal support from the school that the cafeteria wouldn’t even prepare meals for the team for after practice. He had to work a deal with a local Golden Corral so his team could eat.

He had people breaking into his office and stealing his stuff during games.

He still attracted talent, but not on the scale of a SEC program, because the program is so limited financially.
I was taking the piss because that's what others would say if they didn't want him. I was actually driving at that he attracted D1 talent to a small school because he's a big name, I don't know if he'd do that at a P5 school and if he's not the truth as an X's and O's coach then he could lose with equal talent instead of steam rolling with superior talent. Every hire is a gamble but I don't think we should volunteer for one while our last gamble hasn't really proven a losing one unless we have a legitimate reason to believe as sure as marrying your wife that he would hang around for more than 5 years which what 3 or 4 coaches in the SEC right now?

Given the rapid changes in salary levels in college the last few weeks, the successful recruiting, the coming incredibly difficult job of managing a "loving program" versus the transfer portal dog eat dog, and putting off Oklahoma interest, think my guy Shane should be adjusted up to about 3.5 M. In fact, I bet it's in the works, but is more about equity than performance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT