ADVERTISEMENT

Welp, at least we wont have any opt outs skipping a bowl game; And other news

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
The annual frustration of players bailing on the team’s final game wont happen this year at least!!

And in other news, Liberty/Chadwell are simply slaughtering their opponents OTW to a 13-0 year 1 Conference USA championship. Mississippi State inquired about him and he declined, said hes happy there (as I said, he wants to stay in the NC/SC/TN/VA region). Oh what coulda been…..

Last edited:
The annual frustration of players bailing on the team’s final game wont happen this year at least!!

And in other news, Liberty/Chadwell are simply slaughtering their opponents OTW to a Conference USA championship. Mississippi State inquired about him and he declined, said hes happy there (as I said, he wants to stay in the NC/SC/TN/VA region). Oh what coulda been…..
What do we expect when Ray Tanner is doing the hiring, shit show AD will give you shit show hires every time

What do we expect when Ray Tanner is doing the hiring, shit show AD will give you shit show hires every time
I honestly think he subconsciously resents the football program bc when he won his baseball trophies, he was outshined at USC by Spurrier simply going 11-2. He always resented that, and deep down he doesnt want football to be anything but average

Reactions: cockofdawn
I’m officially off the Beamer wagon after tonight. I was optimistic for a long time. But after tonight I no faith in this staff going forward. I hope I get proven wrong next season, but there is zero reason to be optimistic anymore.

it sucks- but the only move is to fire Tanner, hire a proven AD and then go from there. Complete rebuild.

Last edited:
Reactions: 92Pony
I’m officially off the Beamer wagon after tonight. I was optimistic for a long time. But after tonight I 0 faith in the staff going forward. I hope I get proven wrong next season, but there is zero reason to be optimistic anymore. This season was a crap show.
He's become Dabo's favorite SEC coach.

I’m officially off the Beamer wagon after tonight. I was optimistic for a long time. But after tonight I no faith in this staff going forward. I hope I get proven wrong next season, but there is zero reason to be optimistic anymore.

it sucks- but the only move is to fire Tanner, hire a proven AD and then go from there. Complete rebuild.
Tanner's contract got extended two years to 2026. Ain't happening. I've been begging for his forced retirement for 8 years.

Are we 100% out of bowl contention?

It seems every year they need a 5 win team to fill a slot or two.

I honestly think he subconsciously resents the football program bc when he won his baseball trophies, he was outshined at USC by Spurrier simply going 11-2. He always resented that, and deep down he doesnt want football to be anything but average
Agreed, except for subconsciously.

Are we 100% out of bowl contention?

It seems every year they need a 5 win team to fill a slot or two.
Why would we want one? I mentioned Liberty above, we would draw a team like them in some random bowl, half our guys would opt out and we would get humiliated. Then the headline is “X team crushes SEC Gamecocks”

Just shut it down

Why would we want one? I mentioned Liberty above, we would draw a team like them in some random bowl, half our guys would opt out and we would get humiliated. Then the headline is “X team crushes SEC Gamecocks”

Just shut it down

I don't disagree at all.

But playing devils advocate. 3 weeks of practice and a bowl, even a lame one, could be a HUGE difference maker for sellers entering next season.

I don't disagree at all.

But playing devils advocate. 3 weeks of practice and a bowl, even a lame one, could be a HUGE difference maker for sellers entering next season.
What matters to me is who's able to practice in the spring, with enthusiasm about being there. IMHO, the extra practice after a 5-7 season won't make any difference when it's immediately followed by several months off -- no coach is going to seriously start addressing any of the problems we saw until spring.

What matters to me is who's able to practice in the spring, with enthusiasm about being there. IMHO, the extra practice after a 5-7 season won't make any difference when it's immediately followed by several months off -- no coach is going to seriously start addressing any of the problems we saw until spring.
I actually think the extra practices do help, its reps and experience that builds up. But, getting embarrassed in a no name bowl by a G5 team causing us to finish 5-8 would just make a bad situation worse

Don't disagree too strongly.

It could only benefit sellers, imo. Basically, it would almost be another full spring practice.

If nothing else, he gets practices as the number 1, and some live fire against someone other than scrubs during a blowout.

Yeah it would have been nice to see Sellers play a game so we actually know what we have next year with him.

Yeah it would have been nice to see Sellers play a game so we actually know what we have next year with him.
If we had w competent AD we would. With our brutal SEC schedule + Clemson, there’s absolutely no reason we should be playing UNC in week 1. That should have been UMass or Florida Atlantic or someone similar.

But Ray is DETERMINED to ensure we have the most difficult schedule possible

Makes me wonder how many Clemson players would opt out of their lowly Bowl game to prepare for the NFL Combine.

💯

If we had w competent AD we would. With our brutal SEC schedule + Clemson, there’s absolutely no reason we should be playing UNC in week 1. That should have been UMass or Florida Atlantic or someone similar.

But Ray is DETERMINED to ensure we have the most difficult schedule possible
Did anyone tell Ray there's no crying in baseball so get over the fact that Spurrier out shined him

Also, I might add, how has this extra practice excuse helped us in the past. Two years ago we had extra practices and even won the Mayo Bowl, but that did not translate into any improvement the following year. And last year we played a bowl game and this year the team took a step (or 2) backwards. Over our history I can't think of any year where the extra bowl practices translated into any improvement the following year.

Spring practice is much more valuable to the team. Unfortunately the NCAA has enacted so many ridiculous rules and limits to spring practice that it isn't as effective as it used to be.

Reactions: bucketdad
Also, I might add, how has this extra practice excuse helped us in the past. Two years ago we had extra practices and even won the Mayo Bowl, but that did not translate into any improvement the following year. And last year we played a bowl game and this year the team took a step (or 2) backwards. Over our history I can't think of any year where the extra bowl practices translated into any improvement the following year.

Spring practice is much more valuable to the team. Unfortunately the NCAA has enacted so many ridiculous rules and limits to spring practice that it isn't as effective as it used to be.

I would only say that I'm not talking about the team in general. Just the qb. One who has almost no experience.

Last edited:
I would only say that I'm not talking about the team in general. Just the qb. One who has almost no experience.
Our backups have practiced all year with the second and third teams. I don't think another couple of weeks practicing as backups will make much difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT