ADVERTISEMENT

Werner?

Given what I know about parenting a child with autism, stability is huge for the kid. College football is notorious for being a grind on coaching families. I'd think if they have found relative stability for his son, and considering our offensive upswing this year, I'd be surprised if he left. Ole Miss seems like they are going nowhere, fast.

Would be a risky move. With them on probation, you gotta figure Luke is babysitting that job until they come out of it- then Ole Miss will likely try to make a bigger hire. That puts Werner's job in jeopardy in a couple years if the new coach brings in his own guys. South Carolina is looking very stable over the next 4-6 years and if BMAC continues to impress, he will likely get the nod to HC somewhere else- Werner slides into his spot. Also consider that a 5 star QB is inbound. Seems like a lot of opportunity to run away from.

All that said, if he loves Mississippi- has a great support system there- his family is in his ear to get him back- I could understand if he decided to go back. Would be a blow to South Carolina for sure. I only trust CWM and the University are doing all they can to retain him. He is an outstanding coach.

Would be a risky move. With them on probation, you gotta figure Luke is babysitting that job until they come out of it- then Ole Miss will likely try to make a bigger hire. That puts Werner's job in jeopardy in a couple years if the new coach brings in his own guys. South Carolina is looking very stable over the next 4-6 years and if BMAC continues to impress, he will likely get the nod to HC somewhere else- Werner slides into his spot. Also consider that a 5 star QB is inbound. Seems like a lot of opportunity to run away from.

All that said, if he loves Mississippi- has a great support system there- his family is in his ear to get him back- I could understand if he decided to go back. Would be a blow to South Carolina for sure. I only trust CWM and the University are doing all they can to retain him. He is an outstanding coach.
Didn't know he's from Mississippi and still has a bunch of family there. I agree that the coaching situation there is in flux and looks to be for a few years. I also thought I read somewhere that he was an OC at some point and it didn't work out too well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT