ADVERTISEMENT

What are the "rumors" surrounding Xavier Thomas?

If we win in November, I've always thought we'd be back in the lead because you know like their fans, some of their top recruits think they won't lose to us for awhile. Maybe XT thinks it too, but there is a ton of smoke on this one, and February is a lonnnngggg time away
it is indeed a long time away!! Even if something were to happen here, I wouldn't feel easy about it because of the length of time left to go.

Reactions: Proudcock
I dont think XT is coming to the game, I hope I'm wrong, I think only a couple things would change his mind, Clowney and other Gamecock NFL's need to match the Clemson tweets from their NFLers, he realizes Clemson is loaded at DE and wont start as a True Freshman, something big like QB Lawrence decommitting, Clemson loses a bunch.

XT is a beast, has the skill and the drive and the work ethic that makes the great ones really great, but Clemson has 2 pretty good DE's this year if either stays it helps us.

XT was in Florence this week, the more he stays in Florence and away from IMG, the worse for Clemson, and better from us, but ship may have sailed, Dabo is very good crooked CEO type, which tilts the house in his favor, bends rules but doesn't get caught, and IMG is a Clemson house, make no mistake about it.

Kid goes to IMG, you can forget they are coming here, something is crooked about that place, and the fact maybe before this 2018 class UF has never gotten anyone leads me to speculate that being there in Florida they know something inside and have refused to play the game much.

Their is something very AAU basketball like to IMG imho.

I didn't like Horn going on the tater team (XT and QB Lawrence) at the opening and of course later he commits to Tenn, and posted that was something all the recruit experts missed and was bad news for us.

I hope XT changes his mind and this post looks stupid in retrospect but its my belief.

Last edited:
He will not be at the game. This situation has now been exposed, there are cracks in the Clemson hold, he may very well be ours in the end. We MUST keep winning to show progress. Think this would be going on with him if we were 0-2?

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I dont think XT is coming to the game, I hope I'm wrong, I think only a couple things would change his mind, Clowney and other Gamecock NFL's need to match the Clemson tweets from their NFLers, he realizes Clemson is loaded at DE and wont start as a True Freshman, something big like QB Lawrence decommitting, Clemson loses a bunch.

XT is a beast, has the skill and the drive and the work ethic that makes the great ones really great, but Clemson has 2 pretty good DE's this year if either stays it helps us.

XT was in Florence this week, the more he stays in Florence and away from IMG, the worse for Clemson, and better from us, but ship may have sailed, Dabo is very good crooked CEO type, which tilts the house in his favor, bends rules but doesn't get caught, and IMG is a Clemson house, make no mistake about it.

Kid goes to IMG, you can forget they are coming here, something is crooked about that place, and the fact maybe before this 2018 class UF has never gotten anyone leads me to speculate that being there in Florida they know something inside and have refused to play the game much.

Their is something very AAU basketball like to IMG imho.

I didn't like Horn going on the tater team (XT and QB Lawrence) at the opening and of course later he commits to Tenn, and posted that was something all the recruit experts missed and was bad news for us.

I hope XT changes his mind and this post looks stupid in retrospect but its my belief.

I do not really keep up with all the recruiting dramas....but I agree that IMG is a recruiting scandal waiting to happen. It could be that this kid got his first taste of being away from home and would rather not do it for college. I also would not underestimate the way we have played thus far. Good things happen when you win and play well while doing it.

I think this happened: XT woke up one morning this past week and exclaimed. "I committed to WHERE??? . . . AIEEE! No,no, oh pleeeze, NO! Send me to Siberia, to Myanmar, to North Korea! Anywhere, but Daboo Land! I can't stand it! HELP!"

Reactions: BigTomE
This whole situation makes no sense. They just got 11 sacks against Auburn. Their D-Line is the talk of major sports shows. Dude is nothing more than a major drama queen. I saw him play in Florence. Yes, he's an athlete, but he nowhere near as good as he's projected. Takes plays off, doesn't chase from the backside. With that said. I'd contribute to the pot to get him here in a heart beat.

Dan Brooks retired as DT coach at Clemson...
Marion Hobby left as DE coach.....

The guy they hired is living on the work ethic of the other two....

DEKE PART 2!

Reactions: BigTomE
I heard they pay over $60,000 a year to attend the sham of a school who pays it ? This kid already could write his own ticket why would he leave Wilson unless something "lured" him. We all know that answer.

Reactions: SwampFox99
I'd contribute to the pot to get him here in a heart beat.

Agree-GIF.gif

Reactions: mbsurfside
I heard they pay over $60,000 a year to attend the sham of a school who pays it ? This kid already could write his own ticket why would he leave Wilson unless something "lured" him. We all know that answer.

It is not a sham school. You do not know what you are talking about.

He was going to visit according to sources, Dabo and company put an end to that.

That's what this was.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
It is not a sham school. You do not know what you are talking about.
Then explain it to me genius. Why DO they pay $65,000 a year to attend and who pays. That's the figure the announcers stated during a televised game. Looking at the website it's closer to $72,000 per year.

Last edited:
Then explain it to me genius. Why DO they pay $65,000 a year to attend and who pays. That's the figure the announcers stated during a televised game. Looking at the website it's closer to $72,000 per year.
Started off as the Bollettieri Tennis Academy and has expanded to golf and other sports since then. If it is anything like the Van der Meer Tennis Academy on HHI and the International Junior Golf Academy in Bluffton, the school (The Heritage Academy in Bluffton) draws students internationally with wealthy parents who can easily afford the tuition. For others, scholarships, loans, grants, etc. pay for the tuition payments, but the large majority of the students have families that have no trouble funding the tuition.

Started off as the Bollettieri Tennis Academy and has expanded to golf and other sports since then. If it is anything like the Van der Meer Tennis Academy on HHI and the International Junior Golf Academy in Bluffton, the school (The Heritage Academy in Bluffton) draws students internationally with wealthy parents who can easily afford the tuition. For others, scholarships, loans, grants, etc. pay for the tuition payments, but the large majority of the students have families that have no trouble funding the tuition.
Didn't know the kid's family was loaded with his father in the slammer and all....lol. FYI their tuition pays says they don't offer scholarships.

Reactions: SwampFox99
Didn't know the kid's family was loaded with his father in the slammer and all....lol. FYI their tuition pays says they don't offer scholarships.
My comment with respect to scholarships was in reference to The Heritage Academy (which I believe receives money from the golf tournament for those purposes), not IMG. Have no clue what financial benefit, if any, that IMG offers.

IMG is as corrupt as the Clinton Foundation. I would not be surprised at all to find out a Clemson donor is heavily involved with some part of the scholarships awarded there.
Just my point. How is XT paying $72,000 in a single parent home? Somebody, and they know who they are, is footing the bill. Was he struggling to get qualified and didn't want to spend $72,000 for the tutor? Please.

My comment with respect to scholarships was in reference to The Heritage Academy (which I believe receives money from the golf tournament for those purposes), not IMG. Have no clue what financial benefit, if any, that IMG offers.
Got it. I wasn't being a smart*** it just sounds like a sports factory to me where some rich parents pay for their kids while gifted athletes cut a deal with their commitment college as part of the commitment package for tuition.

Reactions: rogue cock
The way I hear it over on the Clemson side of things is that XT was at home this weekend and was hanging with a bunch of friends who are USC folks. They were all headed to the game in Columbia and XT wanted to go. That actually seems reasonable to me… I’d want to do it as well, interest in the school or no. I think Clemson’s staff got wind of it and shut it down. OR the fact that he has to be back at IMG on Saturday had something to do with it.

Either way, good news for Clemson, bad news for USC. Personally, I didn’t think this was a solid commitment when he made it, but IMHO, he’s spent too much time on social media plugging the tigers to back out now. He’d look pretty foolish to the guys he’s trying to recruit. So he’s kind of trapped himself. We’ll see how things go as the season progresses… I’m just glad he’s an early enrollee and we won’t have NSD drama!

The way I hear it over on the Clemson side of things is that XT was at home this weekend and was hanging with a bunch of friends who are USC folks. They were all headed to the game in Columbia and XT wanted to go. That actually seems reasonable to me… I’d want to do it as well, interest in the school or no. I think Clemson’s staff got wind of it and shut it down. OR the fact that he has to be back at IMG on Saturday had something to do with it.

Either way, good news for Clemson, bad news for USC. Personally, I didn’t think this was a solid commitment when he made it, but IMHO, he’s spent too much time on social media plugging the tigers to back out now. He’d look pretty foolish to the guys he’s trying to recruit. So he’s kind of trapped himself. We’ll see how things go as the season progresses… I’m just glad he’s an early enrollee and we won’t have NSD drama!
Normally I would agree, but we thought the same about Gary Gray who was doing the same things as XT. I doubt he'll flip, but anything is possible.

Reactions: cocky lady
Maybe he found out they couldn't legally put his dad back in jail if he changes his mind....lol:p
Facts are his DAD was the one who made the announcement out of prison wearing a Clemson shirt when Xavier had made a strong statement it would be later! Thought all that played out as suspiciously as other things have with our upstanding rivals!

Normally I would agree, but we thought the same about Gary Gray who was doing the same things as XT. I doubt he'll flip, but anything is possible.
Agree - again, I think he's been "heavily" bought! Is it a rumor the family sold their carwash = just seriously asking!

Just my point. How is XT paying $72,000 in a single parent home? Somebody, and they know who they are, is footing the bill. Was he struggling to get qualified and didn't want to spend $72,000 for the tutor? Please.
IMG supposedly gives football players scholarships to come play football.

This is just my opinion, but I think having to report back to IMG is probably the reason he isn't coming to the game. More opinion, but I think XT removing all Clemson posts from social media may have been done in response to Clemson's staff telling him he couldn't attend our game and stay committed to Clemson. Maybe he wanted to give them a little scare. The thing that many Clemson fans seem to be ignoring is the fact that he WANTED to attend our game. Maybe it's nothing, or could it be something? He seems to enjoy the attention, so I'm sure there will be more drama to come.

The recruiting stops when the Hefty bag drops. What happens to the bag if he decommits? We'll probably never know

Too bad for the kid....I am sure he would have has a great time watching the game..watching the girls..seeing the atmosphere and music we have...get to actually see one of those special nights when the WB gets so loud that it scares the cameramen. I do not know where he will actually end up....but I hope he chooses the place he wants to be. I do like that Clemson people lost their minds over this...that is funny.

It must be tough to leave the cabin when you fear the person you have tied up inside might run away.

Reactions: Goldhunter
It's what they call a preparatory school. It's no different really than having a recruit that is a placement recruit so USC uses Fork Union normally but will use other Virginia Military prep school. Clemson used to use Hargrave but they dropped their football program. Those placement recruits are normally not in position to pay the $40-60k for tuition, Universities can't pay it for them but somehow the money is always there to get the recruit into prep placement. Those prep schools have superior football teams because all the players are 3-5* players.

IMG put a twist on it where recruits can go to school to get their coursework in order before they graduate and not have to go to a placement program. St Thomas Academy in FL is the same thing just not a billion dollar Company. The one thing that I don't like about IMG is a lot of the investors are sports agencies that have opportunity to build relationships with kids prior to college and therefore looking to be their pro agent.

Reactions: jimnasium
I do like that Clemson people lost their minds over this...that is funny.

Yeah. Kind of like what happened on this board last summer when he announced his commitment to Clemson after anticipation that he was a USC commit. We are all mindless when it comes to 17 year old kids that we think can help our team. Particularly at the expense of an in-state rival. Really sad when you think about it.

Reactions: wdrcu75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT