ADVERTISEMENT

What are the "rumors" surrounding Xavier Thomas?

XT might be smarter than we know. Perhaps he is aware of the halo that surrounds the Clemson football program with respect to paying players. I personally have no doubt that Clemson has lost the institutional control of its fanbase. Heck, some Clemson players make a hefty sum after each game just on handshakes alone. At some point, the NCAA could investigate this. I do not know how the NCAA works, but I am aware that USC is aware of what is going on. I must draw the same conclusion with the NCAA Infractions Committee. Anyhow, if he continues with his Clemson commitment, he might realize that he could be the tipping point that could lead to an investigation. Then, as a player, should sanctions materialize, he would have potentially squandered his years with a team that he might not have chosen in the first place.

Reactions: asnelli
IMG is shady - you know, they know it, he knows it, You don`t have to be a rocket scientist or a caveman to put 2 and 2 together.

Reactions: sadd66
XT might be smarter than we know. Perhaps he is aware of the halo that surrounds the Clemson football program with respect to paying players. I personally have no doubt that Clemson has lost the institutional control of its fanbase. Heck, some Clemson players make a hefty sum after each game just on handshakes alone. At some point, the NCAA could investigate this. I do not know how the NCAA works, but I am aware that USC is aware of what is going on. I must draw the same conclusion with the NCAA Infractions Committee. Anyhow, if he continues with his Clemson commitment, he might realize that he could be the tipping point that could lead to an investigation. Then, as a player, should sanctions materialize, he would have potentially squandered his years with a team that he might not have chosen in the first place.
Yea this is probably the one. Lol

Reactions: galebreak
XT and Mike Jones and the rest of the IMG kids had to be back at IMG today. So he was never coming here for today's game. The shipped has sailed.

Reactions: tigerpaw1944
big leap you've made there ..but you do need proof

Asking for proof around here is just grounds for a lot of people going "...but I know they pay players! I just know it!"

I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of who gets paid what and where. I think to an extent it happens at every major school--yes, that's means Clemson and also USC. I don't think either school is doing 110 in a 70, though. Obviously anecdotal, but my best friend is a current d1 player who was recruited by both schools. He says nobody, boosters or staff, offered dollars to get him. In fact, I would suggest that fans think cheating goes on more than it actually does in the first place. There's a reason we so rarely hear about these rogue boosters--and that when we do it's such big news. 18 year olds have loose lips and big egos. We'd have more solid proof it if were as simple as "cut this 80k check and I'll sign."

I like that the Carolina fans want to see clemson burn, though. If the roles were swapped I'm sure tiger fans would be saying the same. Makes it more fun.

Good luck against Kentucky y'all. :)

Reactions: Triton20x
Just my point. How is XT paying $72,000 in a single parent home? Somebody, and they know who they are, is footing the bill. Was he struggling to get qualified and didn't want to spend $72,000 for the tutor? Please.
Schollys. Kids that pay $72k per year support those that don't have it...

Reactions: FJRTiger
Asking for proof around here is just grounds for a lot of people going "...but I know they pay players! I just know it!"

I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of who gets paid what and where. I think to an extent it happens at every major school--yes, that's means Clemson and also USC. I don't think either school is doing 110 in a 70, though. Obviously anecdotal, but my best friend is a current d1 player who was recruited by both schools. He says nobody, boosters or staff, offered dollars to get him. In fact, I would suggest that fans think cheating goes on more than it actually does in the first place. There's a reason we so rarely hear about these rogue boosters--and that when we do it's such big news. 18 year olds have loose lips and big egos. We'd have more solid proof it if were as simple as "cut this 80k check and I'll sign."

I like that the Carolina fans want to see clemson burn, though. If the roles were swapped I'm sure tiger fans would be saying the same. Makes it more fun.

Good luck against Kentucky y'all. :)
I don't think the car we are driving will DO 110.

Reactions: theZero and ymbi
So evidently XT Dad was the one that created all the drama from last week. Trying to push XT into taking is 5 official visits and decommit from Clemson. Interesting.

So evidently XT Dad was the one that created all the drama from last week. Trying to push XT into taking is 5 official visits and decommit from Clemson. Interesting.

XT should take his official visits he most likely only gets to do this once, as he says he is just trying to enjoy his life, I agree with his father. What is Clemson so afraid of? Let the young man go make sure he has made the right choice.

Reactions: rogue cock
XT should take his official visits he most likely only gets to do this once, as he says he is just trying to enjoy his life, I agree with his father. What is Clemson so afraid of? Let the young man go make sure he has made the right choice.

Clemson is afraid of having a player who is currently committed, decommitting late in the process. The whole recruiting game is a two way street.

I actually agree with you though about wanting to take the visits. If I was in the position I would 100% take them, why not go to the biggest games across the county free of charge, all while being treated like a king while there.

But I do also agree with Dabos policy. Like I said it's a two way street. there are number restrictions when it comes to recruiting. If you get your guy and believe he's committed you've probably pumped the breaks recruiting other kids at the same position. Now if said recruit decommits late in the process, you could be severely behind the 8 ball with recruits you had previously had contact with. It'd be like a 3 star commit early, just to have a 4 star commit late and the 3 star losing his offer.

Obviously XT isn't a great example bc a talent like XT you'd find a way to make the numbers work even if that means under recruiting other positions of need either this cycle or next. But you get my drift.

Here we go with the saint dabo BS again. Please tell me, why does St. Dabo then continue to recruit players committed to other programs?
Clemson is afraid of having a player who is currently committed, decommitting late in the process. The whole recruiting game is a two way street.

I actually agree with you though about wanting to take the visits. If I was in the position I would 100% take them, why not go to the biggest games across the county free of charge, all while being treated like a king while there.

But I do also agree with Dabos policy. Like I said it's a two way street. there are number restrictions when it comes to recruiting. If you get your guy and believe he's committed you've probably pumped the breaks recruiting other kids at the same position. Now if said recruit decommits late in the process, you could be severely behind the 8 ball with recruits you had previously had contact with. It'd be like a 3 star commit early, just to have a 4 star commit late and the 3 star losing his offer.

Obviously XT isn't a great example bc a talent like XT you'd find a way to make the numbers work even if that means under recruiting other positions of need either this cycle or next. But you get my drift.

Here we go with the saint dabo BS again. Please tell me, why does St. Dabo then continue to recruit players committed to other programs?

It's really quite elementary. He is holding them to their word, while trying to get others to commit to his program. It's not like he's yanking their Scholly offers. "If you're gonna commit to us be sure this is what you want, because we don't want you visiting other programs. If you do, we will ask you to decommit from us. We will then continue to recruit your position, and if you decide to come back we will take you if it's feasible"

Logically, he doesn't hold recruits of other schools to the same standard, because he wants those recruits.

It's really easy to understand. Maybe Muschamp should do the same.

Hate to say it but i like Datbo's approach, if you going to commit in the true sense of the word you shouldn't take any other visits. If a player wants to enjoy the process don't commit, if the player is good enough it won't matter if not it's a chance he takes the longer he waits. I'm tired of seeing kids commit early only to decommit later on and possibly putting the school in a bind.

I wonder if the new truck had anything to do with the all in forever. He made his choice and there was no need to throw a comment our way on twitter verse.

ADVERTISEMENT