ADVERTISEMENT

What are you cooking for your Christmas meal?

bloodyspur

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2000
Riverton, Wyoming
We are SC transplants to WY but still have some southern dishes....oyster casserole, prime rib, ham, asparagus, scallops , shrimp, rolls, banana pudding and straw berry rhubarb pie..

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Bone in ribeye roast, Mac and cheese, Parmesan encrusted roasted asparagus, twice baked potatoes with bacon, green onion, and cheddar cheese. Boom! That’s my kinda Jesus feast day!!!
Publix roasted lemon chicken, my mother's cornbread dressing, Roquefort and cream cheese stuffed celery, candied sweet potatoes, baby green butterbeans,Sauvignon Blanc.

Reactions: bloodyspur
Sirloin tip roast, ham, mac & cheese, green bean casserole, eggplant casserole, rice with tomato sauce cooked for three days.

We are SC transplants to WY but still have some southern dishes....oyster casserole, prime rib, ham, asparagus, scallops , shrimp, rolls, banana pudding and straw berry rhubarb pie..
Oven roasted turkey and dressing, Honey Baked Ham, Collards, Green Beans, Sweet Potato Casserole, Vegetable Medley , Cranberry Minis, Crockpot Mac and Cheese, Butterbeans, Rice and Gravy, Asparagus and Corn Salad, Brown Rice, Bread , Pecan Pie and Ice Cream ,

Hey bloodyspur, where in WY are you? My GF and I looked at WY back in June as a place to settle before deciding on Arizona. How long you been there?

Christmas morning: Sausage, egg and cheese casserole, cheese danish and lots of coffee.

Christmas evening: Frogmore stew, steamed oysters, beer and wine....and a fire in the fire pit.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
A few years ago, I began the tradition of smoking Boston Butts and Brisket, with cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, etc...
As with Thanksgiving, my wife and I host all of her family on both occasions. She and her family are from Texas, so they have really appreciated the combination of Texas Brisket, along with S.C. pulled pork BBQ. It's actually an easier meal to prepare than the Thanksgiving meal.

Hey bloodyspur, where in WY are you? My GF and I looked at WY back in June as a place to settle before deciding on Arizona. How long you been there?
We live near Riverton. Where are you guys?

Same here. Do you go low and slow, or start with high temp and then reduce?
Start high (400 for an hour) then back it down to 300 & check in 15 minute intervals. Once the center reaches between 118 & 121 degrees, take it out wrap it in foil & put a towel over that. 30 or so minutes later (or a couple of varsity level bourbons, or red wine)
It is ready.
We do potatoes, salad, Yorkshire puddings, gravy.

Seriously, Sam's Club, 7 cheese frozen pizza, really isn't too bad! For whatever reason, I'll cook up some Hoppin' John for New Year's Day. This will be my third Christmas alone.

Give someone you've forgotten about a phone call this week. Believe me, they'll appreciate it.

Seriously, Sam's Club, 7 cheese frozen pizza, really isn't too bad! For whatever reason, I'll cook up some Hoppin' John for New Year's Day. This will be my third Christmas alone.

Give someone you've forgotten about a phone call this week. Believe me, they'll appreciate it.
Why are you alone?

Bone in Prime rib. Done in the oven similar to the above poster but I know at some point our recipe calls for turning the oven completely off and letting it come up to temp for a perfect medium rare. Can't recall the exact recipe at the moment. We've perfected it over the years though.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
We're not to far from y'all here in SW Montana, which is to say, we're about a day's drive away. Haha. We're having spiral sliced ham, lima beans and green beans (cooked with bacon grease, of course), homemade mac & cheese, and some deviled eggs. My wife baked two pies today: a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie with fresh pecans her mom mailed her from Louisiana.

It's been a fairly mild and snow-free December here, seriously putting our chances of a white Christmas in jeopardy. We finally got a couple of inches of snow today to set the Christmas mood.

I smoked a butt today from Costco. Had to buy about 500 pounds since that’s what they do ya know! But it’s the first time I’ve smoked in quite a while and it came out perfect. I had intended to freeze the other butt, but since this one came out so good I’m going to smoke the other one on Christmas Day and then drive around town and give it out to homeless people. Seems we have them standing on every street corner. I also made homemade cranberry sauce, mashed taters, (not the orange ones unfortunately) and some stir fried veggies. Well, actually the GF did the veggies. She insists on some healthy stuff to ruin every meal!

Rump Roast with potatoes, carrots, and rolls. Then homemade apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

I did my butt smoking Saturday. It was perfect!

Fresh shrimp and catfish, home grown collards, and grits. New tradition for this year.

Red Velvet cake and pecan pie for dessert, old tradition.

Sir, it's almost 3:00 PM now but you are more than welcome to join my wife and I for a Weekend Dinner anytime. I hate to see someone alone, especially if they have just lost their spouse or close friend or love one.

Last edited:
We've been eating all day after a big breakfast. But we've taken a break and I'm getting ready to throw a few strip steaks on the grill. I got them yesterday at the butcher shop on the corner of Woodrow and Gervais. It's just the 4 of us, so 3 will be more than enough. My wife is making those "smashed" new potatoes and something green. I wouldn't mind a glass of red wine, but I'm not going to open a bottle for just me. I'll be preheating the grill in about 20 minutes. It's a high end Weber, and it gets very, very hot. The steaks are pretty much at room temperature, so they should grill in around 10 minutes.

Sir, it's almost 3:00 PM now but you are more than welcome to join my wife and for a Weekend Dinner anytime. I hate to see someone alone, especially if they have just lost their spouse or close friend or love one.

Thank you kind sir.
It is not my intention to seek sympathy nor sound like some type of martyr.
I accept this as, my cross to bear, although I do not understand his plan.

Woodford Reserve - Double Oaked.............on the rocks. With or without food, it's your choice.

Thank you kind sir.
It is not my intention to seek sympathy nor sound like some type of martyr.
I accept this as, my cross to bear, although I do not understand his plan.

You are more than welcome and the offer stands. Yes, it is hard for us mortals to understand His plan but someday we will, it may be after we leave this earth but we will understand His plan someday. The great Billy Graham once said, I have a lot of questions once I get to heaven.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT