ADVERTISEMENT

What aspect of our team

olpolecat

Sep 24, 2019
do you hope to see the most improvement in (hopefully) this Saturday?

I expect to see some sarcastic “the whole team” responses but maybe some will have a good response.

Well if you’re holding me to one spot I would say offensive line. If you can run and protect your QB and play ball control offense, it takes a lot of pressure off your QB. It also helps your defense get a breather. A less talented team can overachieve with a good line just by shortening the game. Really this summarizes the Lou Holtz 2000 & 2001 teams. We had a good defense (another area but you held me to one) but the O line was more solid than people probably appreciated at the time.

Need for the offense to be productive and move the ball and have some time of possession. NO FOURTH QUARTER COLLAPSE like last season (North Carolina, Florida and Texas A&M).

Reactions: Tmac069 and Brace1
Receivers and by proxy QB and RB play. If the receivers do better, defenses will respect the pass and will open up the run. And if the receivers are doing better, obviously the QB benefits when throwing to them.

Reactions: Tmac069 and Brace1
Honestly with Muschamp I expect the offense to suck but I’m gonna say defensive improvement . Despite all the talent our defense is still in the bottom half of the conference . I expect a Muschamp coached team to not score points , that’s a given at this point . However , what we should expect is a suffocating, aggressive defense that gets after the QB and forces turnovers . Other than his second year here (with a defense anchored by Spurrier recruits) the defense has been average to awful. Looking at the lack of playmakers on offense I would say expecting an explosive offense is a pipe dream , but with 2 five stars on the DL and an experienced secondary and LB unit I would expect a top ranked defense .

Honestly with Muschamp I expect the offense to suck but I’m gonna say defensive improvement . Despite all the talent our defense is still in the bottom half of the conference . I expect a Muschamp coached team to not score points , that’s a given at this point . However , what we should expect is a suffocating, aggressive defense that gets after the QB and forces turnovers . Other than his second year here (with a defense anchored by Spurrier recruits) the defense has been average to awful. Looking at the lack of playmakers on offense I would say expecting an explosive offense is a pipe dream , but with 2 five stars on the DL and an experienced secondary and LB unit I would expect a top ranked defense .
Defense looked really good in the first half of games last year. Between our conditioning and the Offense just giving the ball back after a minute, they just didn't have the legs to go all the way till the end of the game.

I expect our offense to improve greatly. We now have OC and QB coach that actually has a clue what it takes to win in the SEC!! Having a offensive philosophy and identity goes a long way!!! Not to mention being able to make game time adjustments. Expect a win!!! Go Cocks!!!

Last edited:
Open receivers would indeed be nice. I don't think we've had a guy get open in about 6yrs!!! If they can get open, I believe we have the QB(s) who can deliver the ball!
I’m on board with this, but our recivers need to cut down on drops! I’m looking at you, Josh Vann....,in all fairness even Edwards dropped a lot.

Defense looked really good in the first half of games last year. Between our conditioning and the Offense just giving the ball back after a minute, they just didn't have the legs to go all the way till the end of the game.

They looked decent in a few games but rewatch the Alabama game . They made our defense look like Jr High kids . It was men against boys . App State , TAMU and Clemson ran the ball down our throat at will. I agree the ineptitude on offense really hurts but I we are still nowhere near a great defensive unit . Again a decent offense will go a long way to fix that but I’m not holding my breath on a Muschamp offense .

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Several aspects of offense have already been mentioned, so I'll say offensive gameplanning. I want it to look like we actually have one, vs. throwing anything we can think of against the wall and hoping something sticks. Need to see that we have some sort of identity and play with purpose on offense.

Several aspects of offense have already been mentioned, so I'll say offensive gameplanning. I want it to look like we actually have one, vs. throwing anything we can think of against the wall and hoping something sticks. Need to see that we have some sort of identity and play with purpose on offense.
I'll second that. Need a game plan that will last longer than our first possession.

Reactions: heavycock
I'd like to see:

-Creativity on offense and see the offense moving with confidence- one step ahead of the Vols
-Very high level DB play. We've been hearing how great these guys are- if that's true we can isolate them on the Vol WRs and bring more heat into the run defense
-No breakdowns leading to long Vol scores
-some pressure with 4 D Linemen and a few creative blitzes
-no presnap penalties on offense- all 3 time outs available for the end of the halves
-halftime adjustments
-our kids having fun

Reactions: 92Pony
Hard to have a top ranked defense with a crappy offense. Our D played well in the first half of most games last year. By the time you get deep into the third quarter, if your offense is not doing anything the D becomes tired and dejected...

Reactions: Dizzy01
do you hope to see the most improvement in (hopefully) this Saturday?

I expect to see some sarcastic “the whole team” responses but maybe some will have a good response.
OL. We supposedly have a fantastic OL coach that everyone wants but next time we line up and get a yard when the other SEC team knows we are going to run it for a yard might be the first.

1st down yardage... man the last few years it's been a 1 yard rush on first, an incomplete pass on 2nd and then 3rd and 9.

Reactions: bucketdad
Offensive Line Offensive Line Offensive Line Offensive Line Offensive Line Offensive Line Offensive Line Offensive Line Offensive Line
Offensive Line Offensive Line Offensive Line
This. It all starts up front and managing less than 25 yards against App State just proves how much improvement is needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT