ADVERTISEMENT

What bothered me most about this team!

JGH 35

Oct 22, 2013
Every team has days that they do not play their best and have an off night. It happens. But what I found most disturbing about this team Saturday was the total lack of discipline and character this team showed. The lack of discipline occurred both in playing the game with blowing assignment responsibilities and poor execution, and with their personal conduct particularly in between plays. I don't think I have ever see a Gamecock team act this way before. The jawing and mouthing going on was disgraceful. The unsportsmanship penalties are unforgiveable. And the showboating when you're 2 touchdowns behind is downright embarrassing. These things should not be tolerated and this is the coachs' responsibility.

I don't know what he is doing to address this, but I hope Muschamp makes a lasting impression on this team in a way they will never forget. I know that if I had acted like this when I was in college, the punishment would have been severe - IF I were even still on the team afterward. As one coach used to put it, "I'm gonna sit here while you run and you will run until I get tired."

A team without discipline is a team that is lost. This could be a defining moment in Will Muschamp's tenure at USC. He better get control of this team and give them direction or he might as well pack his bags. And I say that a supporter of WM from the beginning. But this could easily get out of control if he does not step up.

Before the game weren't we bragging about not talking trash and showing it on the field instead? I'm still trying to process how a team with a decent amount of talent could play that bad. Maybe everyone was drunk. That I could understand, what with all the bourbon up there in them blue hills.

Same as last year against UK. Kentucky recently seems to have a knack for getting in our head.

Reactions: funktavious
Fenton fake signing the football after a interception down 14 right in front of the official which we were lucky was not flagged, spoke alot to me.

Really!?!?! Damn! I wished he didn't fagged for being stupid.....

We're looking like 4-8 Florida team with no classes...

If we're going to lose, at least do it with class...

And be a man about it....

We'll said. This lack of discipline is exactly why I think bench time for poor decisions has to be implemented now. That includes poor decisions made between plays. No better time to do that than for the three upcoming home games... when everyone is dressed out and on the sideline.

And it wasn't even a "good" interception. We would have been better off if he had just knocked it down. It was stupid.

Well I think he either is tied or leads the league in interceptions which is even more amazing when you think about it given he doesn't face Bentley, but since he is leading I don't think he will knock many down for the sake of the team this year

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
It's time to use the bench for discipline. I don't care if we roll out walk-ons.
Actually, I think the best way to handle this is as a team. And it should have started at 5am this morning on the practice field. When all are punished for the acts of some, it becomes a team thing and the players are accountable to each other, not just the coaches. Discipline has to start with Self-Discipline.

Every team has days that they do not play their best and have an off night. It happens. But what I found most disturbing about this team Saturday was the total lack of discipline and character this team showed. The lack of discipline occurred both in playing the game with blowing assignment responsibilities and poor execution, and with their personal conduct particularly in between plays. I don't think I have ever see a Gamecock team act this way before. The jawing and mouthing going on was disgraceful. The unsportsmanship penalties are unforgiveable. And the showboating when you're 2 touchdowns behind is downright embarrassing. These things should not be tolerated and this is the coachs' responsibility.

A team without discipline is a team that is lost. This could be a defining moment in Will Muschamp's tenure at USC.

I agree with you 100%.

The example that just chaps my ass to no end ... was our DB who intercepts that lame duck pass and then proceeds to show boat, by pretending to autograph the football, when we are down 14 points. Not Low Class .... NO CLASS!!!

And I will not accept this"let the kids play" BS!!!

We'll said. This lack of discipline is exactly why I think bench time for poor decisions has to be implemented now. That includes poor decisions made between plays. No better time to do that than for the three upcoming home games... when everyone is dressed out and on the sideline.
Zombie Mushchamp on the sidelines didn't seem too bothered by what was happening, unless they cut away when he was.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
The player that crossed the field to lean down and jaw at the tackled UK player was the one that got me. Absolutely low class move, and if I remember right, it would have been 4th down without the resulting penalty. The ball signing move was equally bad. I was expecting the flag to come out on that one too.

Before the game weren't we bragging about not talking trash and showing it on the field instead? I'm still trying to process how a team with a decent amount of talent could play that bad. Maybe everyone was drunk. That I could understand, what with all the bourbon up there in them blue hills.

It's the same old same old, I've been a Gamecock fan for approximately 58 years. It's something every year with very few exceptions.

Zombie Mushchamp on the sidelines didn't seem too bothered by what was happening, unless they cut away when he was.
Exactly. Never thought I'd see that from him. Disappointing. If you're not going to get in a guy's grill, geez, do something. Because seeing a grown man do nothing when discipline is called for is the most frustrating part in all of this IMO.

It's the same old same old, I've been a Gamecock fan for approximately 58 years. It's something every year with very few exceptions.

50 years here. It sure seems we historically tend to have more swagger than sense.

50 years here. It sure seems we historically tend to have more swagger than sense.
51 years (1967 is when we moved to Camden, SC from Huntsville, AL) here but at least this post made me feel a little younger. Maybe they handle such things internally...let's hope so. Telling someone to go sit down and leaving him alone on a bench by himself for the rest of the game (and for all to see) would be a good start.

Exactly. Never thought I'd see that from him. Disappointing. If you're not going to get in a guy's grill, geez, do something. Because seeing a grown man do nothing when discipline is called for is the most frustrating part in all of this IMO.
He has a $18MM contract with us. Would you really care at the end of the day?

I think he’s had his balls cut off. He looks like he’s on something . Never seen a more emotionless reaction to piss poor undisciplined play . Saban was chewing guys put up and down the sideline up by 40 . I have a friend on staff at Bama and he said Saban NEVER chills out about anything . Results a pretty obvious .

Well I think he either is tied or leads the league in interceptions which is even more amazing when you think about it given he doesn't face Bentley, but since he is leading I don't think he will knock many down for the sake of the team this year
I read that he has 3 INTs on only 8 targets. 37.5% of the passes thrown in his zone or at his man are INTs. He's thinking $$$$. I guess I can understand that.

He does play against him... in practice.
And practice makes perfect.

Reactions: Gradstudent
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT