ADVERTISEMENT

What do yall think of Beamer so far. The pros and cons

Why would anyone not support his enthusiasm and hard work at this stage? Why would anyone not recognize and appreciate - at this stage - the culture he is building in the program?

Look, we don't have a competitive Power Five football team yet. How could we? Last year's team was bereft both in coaching and personnel. We had a terrible football team. I don't mean the players were bad people, but we did not have the makings of a legitimate major college football team, let alone an SEC team. We would have been doormats in that neighboring league we love to criticize. If anyone thinks otherwise, that person deceives himself/herself.

Everything that was broken won't all be fixed between now and this coming fall. All I want to see are definite signs that the product is being upgraded and will continue to be upgraded. As long as I see that, I'm good. I truly expect to see that.

This is going to take a minute or two. All you people who are wanting to get older so you can retire need to savor the moment. That would be true in any case, but I wish I had more time to observe what I hope is going to happen. No, I'm not sick. Give the young man a chance. At least you can rest assured that he and this staff are putting all they have into getting this program where it ought to be. God bless.
Great post. Beamer comes off as very enthusiatic and likeable. The kind of guy you root for (well except when he's playing the boys from Athens!). I do think he and SC fans are in for a rough season.

Reactions: king ward
For me, the pros are as others here have mentioned. Enthusiasm, seeing what success looks like here and other places, recruiting highly regarded players in needed positions, etc.
The con is he’s never been in this position before. That’s not to say that it’s too big for him, in my opinion. I’m hopeful that he gets the program going in a positive direction.

Pros =he seems to have brought lots of new energy in the program.
Players seems to like him.
Got a proven pass rusher and a proven WR from the portal.
I dont know how many he will get ,but is recruiting top players from around the country.
And I might add he let's the coaches and the players talk to the media.
Cons = I'm surprised he didnt get 1 of the Oklahoma transfer portal guys.
When you’re labeling people “proven” before they ever take a snap here, it’s probably a sign you’re reaching.

Because they'd rather say "told you so" than win. At least half this board is in this category.
No one would rather tell you so instead of win. The only reason anyone would tell you “told you so” is if we aren’t winning.

More importantly if you’re tired of being told “I told you so” maybe it’s time to quit being wrong so often.

Talks a good game, but a lot of coaches can do that. ( See Martin). Like the others, I'll wait and see how he does on the field.

Beamer is going to need some time to truly rebuild enough talent to field a team that can compete in the SEC. It took the goat Spurrier 7 or 8 years to recruit enough players to win. Beamer is not Spurrier he is going to need time. Its very hard to win quickly in the SEC but he's doing the best he can. It will likely come down to time. Will he get enough time to win? I hope so! I support Beamer because he's our coach and he deserves a fair shot. Our fan base is great but the very very vocal impatient A$$ holes can bring you down. Hope that doesn't happen but it might.

Spurrier started beating UF and teams if that caliber very early. The glimpses of greatness were right there. What he did with Mitchell was just a thing of beauty. Beamer is no Spurrier.

I can’t think much of him until we see a product on the field.

I am happy with the hire and happy with the “vibe” right now, but until we see them play for a couple seasons it is hard to judge him as a coach.

Reactions: hillstosea
Spurrier started beating UF and teams if that caliber very early. The glimpses of greatness were right there. What he did with Mitchell was just a thing of beauty. Beamer is no Spurrier.
Spurrier had a good first season. 7-5 with wins over Florida and Tennessee. I don’t think anyone confused Shane with Steve.

Pros =he seems to have brought lots of new energy in the program.
Players seems to like him.
Got a proven pass rusher and a proven WR from the portal.
I dont know how many he will get ,but is recruiting top players from around the country.
And I might add he let's the coaches and the players talk to the media.
Cons = I'm surprised he didnt get 1 of the Oklahoma transfer portal guys.

All I care about is win-loss record but certainly agree we should analyze the limited amount of data we have thus far...

Pro: His last name isn’t Muschamp

Con: Couldn’t pull one big name assistant coach

Reactions: Heyward1
We would have won the East in his first year if Daccus Turman didn’t have happy feet and get a touchdown called back.

Reactions: SOSUSC
No one would rather tell you so instead of win. The only reason anyone would tell you “told you so” is if we aren’t winning.

More importantly if you’re tired of being told “I told you so” maybe it’s time to quit being wrong so often.
Can you guess what it's time for you to do?

Hasn’t done anything yet to not like. Hasn’t won any games either. (Or for that matter, lost any)

All I care about is win-loss record but certainly agree we should analyze the limited amount of data we have thus far...

Pro: His last name isn’t Muschamp

Con: Couldn’t pull one big name assistant coach
Mostly, I agree. But Stepp was a big hire. Hardesty and White have potential, along with our ST coach (name slips my mind at the moment). But the OC hire leaves a LOT to be desired.

Shane Beamer literally grew up around great Coaches. I hope that pays off for him in his career as H/C. If he turns this program around and wins some SEC championships I’ll take back every negative thing I ever said about Ray Tanner.

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
Pros:
1. Appears to be a good recruiter
2. Players seem to like him.
3. Having coached on both sides of the ball, he is very knowledgeable.
4. His wife bears a strong resemblance to Jennifer Connelly (lucky him).

Cons;
Remains to be seen.

Shane Beamer literally grew up around great Coaches. I hope that pays off for him in his career as H/C. If he turns this program around and wins some SEC championships I’ll take back every negative thing I ever said about Ray Tanner.
Hold on to your thoughts about Ray. You may have to double down! Fans always seem to gush before a season starts and a game is played. Some diehards, in the face of bad evidence, continue to do so. Best to wait.

Pro- Young, energetic, nice, loves Carolina.

Con- Nothing yet, waiting to see what kind of team he fields.

Pro - he seems to be the opposite of Muschamp, in every way.
Con - I agree with jeff, I would’ve thought at least on OK transfer would’ve followed.
Time will tell.
How many years do y’all give him to reach 10 wins or an Eastern Division before people start to get restless?
You're right on the pros.
No one with a brain expects ten wins in the SEC anytime soon.

You just agreed with a taterhead who posts on a Gamecock board, so there‘s that 😳🤷🏻‍♂️. That aside, not even Gamecock fans expect 10 wins soon. Don’t blast me, Clemdent. I enjoy and appreciate your posts and your take on many things. You seem to be a very good guy.

Reactions: ClemDent
And that’s kinda what I was hoping. I like Beamer. He’s worked hard, comes from a good family and seems like he truly appreciates USC. Rivalry aside, that’s the kind of guy you can pull for.

Reactions: vacock#
It's going to take some time. We beat Dabo 5 years in a row when he was getting started. We must be patient.

Toilet bowl games and running with the likes of UT I'm guessing.
So not great.

I have zero expectations anymore, I'm just glad when I can make it back to Aiken and see a game or two in the stadium every year.

And that’s kinda what I was hoping. I like Beamer. He’s worked hard, comes from a good family and seems like he truly appreciates USC. Rivalry aside, that’s the kind of guy you can pull for.

Of course you want us to have Beamer. You think Clemson has got it in the bag do you? Yes, maybe Beamer never beats Dabo. I can see that happening. You will never like us hiring a coach that gives Dabo a spanking!!

Of course you want us to have Beamer. You think Clemson has got it in the bag do you? Yes, maybe Beamer never beats Dabo. I can see that happening. You will never like us hiring a coach that gives Dabo a spanking!!
Dude, Easy.. Clemdent is a good guy. His posts are thoughtful and nonconfrontational. We know he is a tater. He doesn't hide that. His posts are thoughtful. I'd rather have him post than your tired stuff

Dude, Easy.. Clemdent is a good guy. His posts are thoughtful and nonconfrontational. We know he is a tater. He doesn't hide that. His posts are thoughtful. I'd rather have him post than your tired stuff

I get it. You like the Beamer hire. I like to see Beamer win. I will become a fan then.

All of Clemson is smiling at the Beamer hire. They all like him. They may like him more in November. When they like him less then we are moving in the right direction

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
We will see. Wasn't for this hire as I thought the university went cheap, and for someone everybody seemed to like, who had a daddy with a recognizable last name in football circles. But he is here now so hope for the best. Probably be a couple years before he can truly be judged. I appreciate the effort, but some of the stuff seems over the top. The wedding like photographs of him staring longingly at the stadium when hired comes to mind. And the picture from before the spring game of him walking towards the stadium with a one word caption of "HBC" almost treads on blasphemy. There is only one "HBC".

Most of my Clemson fans ( I have 1) say that we missed on Chadwell, and Beamer was a poor hire.

Personally I like the Beamer hire. I think he has enthusiasm and positive energy. Most insiders have said he focuses on a team first approach, which was lacking with Muschamp. JC Sherbert said on his podcast from speaking with people around the program, Muschamp emphasized the next level, NFL potential, which lead team mentality took a back seat. And it makes sense, especially with defenses. We had a lot of talent in the secondary the last 2 years and they played awful.

As far as assistants go- Stepp was a home run hire and Torian Gray was also a great one. Tapping Eric Kimrey should pay off. White is a proven D/C. Satterfield? Who knows he has been successful and not successful in the past.

Every stop Beamer made was an improvement over the previous stop. If he weren’t proven he would be coaching in lower division schools.

where is he proven? He has never HCeed any team? Proven? So proven that Athlon has us at the bottom of the SEC?

Reactions: Heyward1
ADVERTISEMENT