ADVERTISEMENT

What do you guys and gals think of Monte Lee?

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

Reactions: roostah1
strengths?
I think he's a great baseball coach, but he's no Dabo. I don't say that to be funny but Dabo is an ass kissing baby kissing make everyone feel good kind of guy. Monte Lee will flat out rip a player or tell it like it is to the media. He hides nothing, especially if he's ticked off.

Great coach but Monte doesn't fit that "awwwww shucks" type that Clemson has hired in Swinney and Brownell.

Reactions: oldladytiger
I can honestly say that I'd not like Dabo if he had nothing to do with Clemson. I just think he's a very unlikable guy. I don't know a thing about Brownell so I won't comment on him. Monty Lee seems like a good guy, very likeable, and I'd hate to see him at Clemson. I can't think of one coach they've had up there that I truly liked. He'd be the first.

Monte Lee is a great coach who has absolutely robbed the midlands of it's best baseball players right from under the noses of the USC staff that seems more interested in recruiting highly touted players that look great at showcases and have all the measurables, but are not the best ballplayers. Let me list a few examples...Nick Pappas from Dutch Fork ( freshman All American last year ), Carl Wise from White Knoll ( likely to be drafted in top 3 rounds this year ), Ryan Brown from Lexington ( freshman All American this year ) and new to the list, Tyler Romanik from Blythewood who is practically a legend in this area. USC coaches turned their backs on him and I know he is going to make them pay. ***disclaimer, I should say that I have absolutely no idea how this situation went down. I am only imagining that we went to him and told him we did not have a scholarship for him and he would have to walk on. That may be completely wrong.

At any rate, Monte Lee does not care about the tools as much as he cares about recruiting guys that can play WINNING BASEBALL. I am going to be miserable if he ends up at Clemson because I know what will become of USC baseball.

I think he's a great baseball coach, but he's no Dabo. I don't say that to be funny but Dabo is an ass kissing baby kissing make everyone feel good kind of guy. Monte Lee will flat out rip a player or tell it like it is to the media. He hides nothing, especially if he's ticked off.

Great coach but Monte doesn't fit that "awwwww shucks" type that Clemson has hired in Swinney and Brownell.
Are you saying he would not sleep with his mother?

So Swinney and Brownell approach life with humility. -ok.

Dabo And Brad are polar opposites.
Don't tell Mickey Plyler that, he talks about them being the same kind of people all of the time. As a matter of fact Philpott was talking yesterday about how it doesn't matter if they find a coach that's similar to Swinney and Brownell.

I think Monte Lee would be crazy to go work for your whacked-out athletic director.

Reactions: CaliCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT