ADVERTISEMENT

What do you make of the UFO talk?

I myself am a devout Christian and if this is all true how does it square with belief in a Devine Creator.?I guess that is a question alot of people will have to ponder.
We simply have to be open minded. I always believe science will eventually lead to God, since He created it.

If there are Alien's where did they come from?Perhaps the Creation included more than just us on Earth.I watched a Joe Rogan podcast a few days ago with an incredibly brilliant Harvard physicist.Talk turned to the Big Bang,what was before the big Bang, and other things that would make your head spin.The physicist take was that the Big Bang was an incredibly ordered event and he could not rule out a Divine Creator being responsible for such an event.Joe Rogan has some interesting people on his podcasts.

Reactions: rogue cock
There is more than ample evidence that mankind has been recording sightings for thousands of years.
There is more than ample evidence that mankind has been recording sightings for thousands of years.
We simply have to be open minded. I always believe science will eventually lead to God, since He created it.
Exactly. People continue to have difficulty moving beyond the image and idea of a Gandalf-like guy with long white hair and a white beard that snaps his fingers or twitches his nose. I mentioned this earlier; if one reads Ezekiel 1 OUTSIDE of the juvenile mindset described above, one may be reading a biblical description of a ufo and its occupants.

What makes you think we’re the most advanced, intelligent life in the universe?

While we may seem very advanced, the Wright brother’s first flight was 118 years ago.

There is evidence going back thousands of years indicating mankind was visited by people from the heavens.

And our first manned flight was 118 years ago? We may be considered primitive by other species somewhere in space.
We also might be considered aggressive and dangerous. That might be why they don't want to make definitive contact. The sightings are the result of their observations of us. They have very little fear that we can catch them or shoot them down. (I'm not a believer in Roswell.)

Here's a question to ponder.

If we were to make contact with aliens and they were to say there are millions of planets inhabited by other intelligent species many of which are much older than humans would that contradict Judeo-Christian theology? Would you question your faith in the Jesus that you were taught about in church and the creation story in Genesis?

Reactions: TAV31
The US military are the ones reporting most of the sightings the Pentagon is investigating. Would the US government spend billions creating advanced tech, then spend billions more investigating what that tech is when their own pilots see it? That does not add up. If the US government was just hiding it, they would not have created multiple different groups to study what these things are.

Yes, some sightings can be explained away as advanced tech “we” just don’t know about yet because it is still secret. The stealth bomber was responsible for some back before it made public. Quite a few go beyond that. The most recent videos released are from fighter pilots flying F 18s and some of our most advanced aircraft, a few years ago before the oublic knew much about those planes, and those pilots encountered numerous flying craft that they not only could not keep up with, they could barely keep them on the scope. The tic tac in the most famous of those videos was absolutely not American tech. Maybe it is some drone from Russia or something but nobody interviewed to date has said that, or seems to think it is possible.
Billions investigating advanced tech? To the contrary, like I said, they’ve apparently assigned this all important quest to the guy from Blink 182, a govt crony, and some other sketch artists. $22M, with an M.

I’ll admit the noise about this topic is interesting, but the far more likely scenario is some sort of false flag program. It could be on the level of what Von Braun apparently warned a friend about before dying (see operation Northwoods for a historical antecedent) or it could be smoke and mirrors to distract (or even just eff with) Russia and China. I.e., “our drone tech is so good yo peeps be thinkin’ we like aliens and shi”

Exactly. People continue to have difficulty moving beyond the image and idea of a Gandalf-like guy with long white hair and a white beard that snaps his fingers or twitches his nose. I mentioned this earlier; if one reads Ezekiel 1 OUTSIDE of the juvenile mindset described above, one may be reading a biblical description of a ufo and its occupants.
Accurate. This is the crux of ancient alien theory- that virtually every creation myth around the globe from the dawn of man was based on “all knowing beings from the sky descending on chariots of fire (or dragons, or their own wings..) to impart wisdom and guide the development of man”- when viewed through the lens of miss-understood technology- how easy is it to make a leap to people trying to describe someone flying using a craft/technology of some sort to what they understood at the time- those people can fly, we should depict then with wings like birds.. describe their flying vehicles in context of what we have- “flying chariots”.. or Ezekiel’s wheel- a flaming circle in the sky in essence? What might that be if applied to the UFO discussion at hand?? The stories of Enoch sound similar to literally an alien abduction tale if you replace angels and devils with perhaps waring tribes of good/bad aliens… When they did not have the words or technical understanding to describe advanced machines they did they best they could- again, according to the ancient alien theories laid out by Von Daniken and subsequent followers of that theory. It can seem crazy if you take it all too far and I don’t have the answers, I wasn’t around for any of it, I have never met an alien and do not know any more than anyone here if aliens are piloting these UFOs or if God exists or not… half the theories tossed around on “that show” are whacky by any stretch of the imagination… I don’t know a damn thing for sure! But I have seen with my own eyes how rapidly technology can advance and the impact it can have on civilization. I have seen that and can extrapolate that if advancements continue at this pace we can unlock some insane abilities within my lifetime- we already have moved so far from where we were when I was young! I have never seen anything that makes me believe magic or all powerful deities with infinite powers exist. Technology is tangible and real and exists… Magic is mythical. That is where I break it down to when trying to understand what events lead to all of these terribly similar descriptions of past creation myths/events and trying compare them to the phenomenon we are discussing here. Do you believe in magic, or do you believe in science? I have always been a science guy…

For the average person,it will be hard to get a really good video.I got a IPhone XR and I’ve tried to record stuff flying around in the day and night.It’s hard to get a good one unless it’s relatively close.Imo.
oooohhh !!! an iphone!!! totally legit when it comes to filmography!! super jelly!

Billions investigating advanced tech? To the contrary, like I said, they’ve apparently assigned this all important quest to the guy from Blink 182, a govt crony, and some other sketch artists. $22M, with an M.

I’ll admit the noise about this topic is interesting, but the far more likely scenario is some sort of false flag program. It could be on the level of what Von Braun apparently warned a friend about before dying (see operation Northwoods for a historical antecedent) or it could be smoke and mirrors to distract (or even just eff with) Russia and China. I.e., “our drone tech is so good yo peeps be thinkin’ we like aliens and shi”
What you are mentioning is only scratching the surface of the investigations the government has done into this. The vast majority was denied until recently and much has been funneled through private industry to avoid disclosure through the freedom of information acts, but dating back to project blue book and since then there have been multiple different branches of the government assigned to study this phenomenon.
the first attempt:
Earlier this year:

They admitted the previously denied existence of AATIP back in 2019 after decades of denying they were even looking into UFOs-

There have been numerous other studies done and ventures funded by our government to study all this.. the Blink 182 guy is relatively new on the scene and you are not even scratching the surface of what they have spent monitarily and the Amount of time and man power they have put into this by dismissing it as though anything he has been involved with is the crux of their effort or spending. That is simply wrong.

If this is all some elaborate hoax by the governemnt that has been going on since the 1940s just to mess with Russia, the “we gotcha” moment would have happened long ago. The most likely scenario is that these things are truly unexplained and they are researching them actively to figure out what is going on, if it is a threat and if they can harness and weaponize the tech. If the pentagon knew what all this was and was trying to throw Russia off, why did they lie about the existence of these programs to study UAPs? Why not make it public and play up the hype about them? None of it makes sense from that perspective IMO.

Reactions: rogue cock
Yes there have been inquiries before we gave the keys to the USS Enterprise to Blink 182, but our govt has looked into all sorts of things over the years. Experiments on LSD and telekinesis come to mind. But they move on from the unfruitful stuff...unless...maybe it can be pulled out of the dustbin for some new thing. Maybe it’s just as simple as providing cover for our drone tech in an age when far more physical phenomena get recorded as a matter of course. It could be as simple as trying to lay some kind of trap for a pop culture junkie like Kim Jong Ill who has a non-zero chance of blowing up Seattle. Anyway, if you believe in Occam’s razor as a useful guide, then I think you definitely have to give very strong consideration that the recent UFO noise is just a convenient false flag plan because people are so inclined to run with it. I just can’t believe that out of 8 billion people that we have rampant alien contact and yet no one has spilled the beans (I’m looking at you in particular kookie Scandinavians) until now that the US government (cough cough) is going to finally set the record straight (cough, cough).

Yes there have been inquiries before we gave the keys to the USS Enterprise to Blink 182, but our govt has looked into all sorts of things over the years. Experiments on LSD and telekinesis come to mind. But they move on from the unfruitful stuff...unless...maybe it can be pulled out of the dustbin for some new thing. Maybe it’s just as simple as providing cover for our drone tech in an age when far more physical phenomena get recorded as a matter of course. It could be as simple as trying to lay some kind of trap for a pop culture junkie like Kim Jong Ill who has a non-zero chance of blowing up Seattle. Anyway, if you believe in Occam’s razor as a useful guide, then I think you definitely have to give very strong consideration that the recent UFO noise is just a convenient false flag plan because people are so inclined to run with it. I just can’t believe that out of 8 billion people that we have rampant alien contact and yet no one has spilled the beans (I’m looking at you in particular kookie Scandinavians) until now that the US government (cough cough) is going to finally set the record straight (cough, cough).
Thousands of people have “spilled the beans”. That is what this whole thread has been about. Everyone from average citizens to policemen to military personnel to politicians and high level government/intelligence employees have tried to make this public. I think it is clear at this point you know very little about the subject and never thought about it much beyond your original opinion on the matter.

I would like an honest interview from the people that has been on the space station. They have the perfect spot to view things coming and going.Also i like to know about the rumors about the live feed from it cuts out etc when something pops up on it,from what ive heard anyways.

I would like an honest interview from the people that has been on the space station. They have the perfect spot to view things coming and going.Also i like to know about the rumors about the live feed from it cuts out etc when something pops up on it,from what ive heard anyways.
Buzz Aldrin has said a lot in interviews but later clarified the objects he described were parts of their craft that had separated from their ship and were floating away, not aliens.

Major Gordon Cooper is the more interesting one to read about- he reported witnessing a UFO land, and having very clear pictured of it. He reported that to the number he was instructed to call at the pentagon, they told him to develop the film, make no prints and send it to them in a locked case which he did. He viewed the negatives before sending the film off and said they were clear pictures, but never found out what happened to it after that… He also claims that he and his friends who were test pilots of advanced aircraft and astronauts knew of sightings on scopes and in person that happened virtually daily (sounds familiar? Go read the 60 minutes report that just cane out again..) but they were never given any part in on going investigations. Project Blue Book was still going on then, which has been basically confirmed to be a miss-information ploy more than a genuine investigation to learn what was going on… Numerous other manned missions to space have reported unidentified flying craft, but Nasa always says it is sun flairs or light reflecting off space junk and the almost never release the footage. Hoping that his pictures and a half dozen or more additional videos and photos like his from astronauts will be included in the report next month. If they are wrong and these things are mistakes- address them and move on! If he truly made a clear image of a UFO landing and taking off again as he claims, I would at least like to see the pictures of it! Still won’t prove it was aliens obviously, but it would raise a lot of questions about advanced/unidentified human tech being responsible for most of the sightings if the same craft we witness today were flying around 50-60 years ago!

My opinion is that man is the only intelligent life in the universe and that UFOs are simply physical phenomena - or perhaps spiritual ones which we do not yet understand. But they are within the sphere of our shared and conventional human lives and experience. That is why these stories are prevalent in our literature.

However, if it is true, the existence of aliens more advanced and older than human beings on Earth calls into question everything that we have been taught about orthodox Christianity for the past 2,000 years. (There were disagreements that were resolved by Church Councils which are resolved by Church Councils that resulted in this orthodoxy.)

For example:

The creation story. Orthodox Christianity teaches us that God created the earth even though Genesis refers to the firmament and to heaven which could be the entire universe. It further teaches that Adam and Eve were the first two humans from whom we all are descendants. It also says we were made in the "image and likeness" of God. So if there are aliens who resemble insects, or perhaps something we have never seen before, of what were they made in the image and likeness? Or, perhaps, were there multiple creations throughout the Universe? If so, are there multiple Genesis stories?

Jesus Christ. Orthodox Christianity teaches us that Jesus was not just the "son of God" but that he is himself divine and eternal. He was born of a woman (Mary) but her conception was immaculate. That is, the result of a divine act of the creator of the universe. One might infer that Jesus was the result of genetic modification or some sort of cloning, but that is not what the Bible teaches us. Furthermore, how does that square with his death and resurrection and the atonement? Sacrifice and substitution are core teachings of the Bible.

The nature of God himself. Again, orthodox teaching is that we look like God. But the teaching is also that God is the creator and sustainer of all things. Historically, that has referred to us as HIS creation and a single creation not multiple creations. It would be easy to infer that that God created these other civilizations but what does that do to our understanding of our relationship to God on this planet? We would have to shift our understanding to share our relationship and our creation and place in the universe with other intelligent life on distant planets. The universe will no longer be humancentric or earthcentric.

Certainly, it would cause us to have to re-examine Biblical teaching and literature and perhaps our understanding of fundamental Christian tenets mainly in relation to the purpose of Jesus's death and resurrection. Perhaps it was not about restoring a broken relationship with God through resurrection and eternal life but rather about the evolution of man's consciousness.

Why is it that in 2021, the best imagery our military can get is grainy, black and white videos worse-looking than Bigfoot fakes?

Why is it that in 2021, the best imagery our military can get is grainy, black and white videos worse-looking than Bigfoot fakes?
I think most of what we're seeing is FLIR.Forward Looking Infrared Radar.The most important fact is there is no heat signature.Therefore whatever is propelling these craft are not using some type of reactive propulsion such as a jet or rocket or internal combustion engine.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
I think most of what we're seeing is FLIR.Forward Looking Infrared Radar.The most important fact is there is no heat signature.Therefore whatever is propelling these craft are not using some type of reactive propulsion such as a jet or rocket or internal combustion engine.
Anti-gravity of some sort is the most popular theory of alien theorists. Something that can manipulate time-space perhaps in a way that “bends” the laws of nature and takes torque on the passenger when moving and changing direction so rapidly out if the equation. The propulsion would be created by in effect creating a vacuum tube in front of the craft that pulls the craft through the vacuums, freeing it from the normal hinderance of air resistance (or water)- allowing for virtually unlimited speed and maneuverability. It has never been really successfully achieved by man (that we know of), but has been researched both privately and by the US government since the early 1900s, even theorized by Tesla in the late 1800s I think..

Gaia is far from a reputable source of anything beyond conspiracies but they break down some of the theory in this article.
The advancements possible if we have mastered this technology are infinite. This is part of what is so exciting about the report coming in June- perhaps it will show that WE are the “UFOs” and the government has developed these technologies in secret but is now willing/being required to disclose it. If that is the case, there better be a huge push to implement the use of these technologies across the globe as the potential for human advancement is endless if we can travel with unlimited clean energy at rates beyond our current comprehension, not to mention the numerous other ancillary life improvements we could enjoy from the use of this tech. Imagine if you wanted to go from Columbia to say.. California, or Hawaii and the flight took… 2-3 MINUTES, you had no motion or air sickness and the flight used no “jet fuel”! 🤔

You do realize they've shot commercially released films on iPhones, right? Soderbergh shot Unsane on an iPhone 7 Plus.
Phones for recoding is pretty good to a certain distance but I’m talking about stuff miles up and moving.Once you start zooming in,the crappier it gets.I’ve tried recording many times and it sucks.Heck,I’ve even tried to take a pic of a fellow golfer that hit his ball on the opposite fairway,he was a good 150 yards away and it look bad zoomed in.

Last edited:
My opinion is that man is the only intelligent life in the universe and that UFOs are simply physical phenomena - or perhaps spiritual ones which we do not yet understand. But they are within the sphere of our shared and conventional human lives and experience. That is why these stories are prevalent in our literature.

However, if it is true, the existence of aliens more advanced and older than human beings on Earth calls into question everything that we have been taught about orthodox Christianity for the past 2,000 years. (There were disagreements that were resolved by Church Councils which are resolved by Church Councils that resulted in this orthodoxy.)

For example:

The creation story. Orthodox Christianity teaches us that God created the earth even though Genesis refers to the firmament and to heaven which could be the entire universe. It further teaches that Adam and Eve were the first two humans from whom we all are descendants. It also says we were made in the "image and likeness" of God. So if there are aliens who resemble insects, or perhaps something we have never seen before, of what were they made in the image and likeness? Or, perhaps, were there multiple creations throughout the Universe? If so, are there multiple Genesis stories?

Jesus Christ. Orthodox Christianity teaches us that Jesus was not just the "son of God" but that he is himself divine and eternal. He was born of a woman (Mary) but her conception was immaculate. That is, the result of a divine act of the creator of the universe. One might infer that Jesus was the result of genetic modification or some sort of cloning, but that is not what the Bible teaches us. Furthermore, how does that square with his death and resurrection and the atonement? Sacrifice and substitution are core teachings of the Bible.

The nature of God himself. Again, orthodox teaching is that we look like God. But the teaching is also that God is the creator and sustainer of all things. Historically, that has referred to us as HIS creation and a single creation not multiple creations. It would be easy to infer that that God created these other civilizations but what does that do to our understanding of our relationship to God on this planet? We would have to shift our understanding to share our relationship and our creation and place in the universe with other intelligent life on distant planets. The universe will no longer be humancentric or earthcentric.

Certainly, it would cause us to have to re-examine Biblical teaching and literature and perhaps our understanding of fundamental Christian tenets mainly in relation to the purpose of Jesus's death and resurrection. Perhaps it was not about restoring a broken relationship with God through resurrection and eternal life but rather about the evolution of man's consciousness.
What of angels? Are they not "extraterrestrial"? I believe I have read that the word for "angel" appears in the New Testament more frequently than the word for sin and the word for love.

At this stage I don't feel that it is going to cause me personally to reexamine anything. We may have to move forward a bit from the historical image and idea of a heavenly old man with white hair snapping his fingers, but the main tenets of salvation, forgiveness, resurrection, etc may in fact be strengthened; they may fill in some blanks for us. I'm not seeing where the presence of extraterrestrial life is disproving or invalidating anything at this stage.

If there are aliens and have visited,imo they are the peaceful ones.As long as there isn’t any like in the movie “the day the earth stood still “

Perhaps it was not about restoring a broken relationship with God through resurrection and eternal life but rather about the evolution of man's consciousness.
But that contradicts the teachings of Jesus and value of the sacrifice on the cross.

I don't need someone to die for me to "evolve my consciousness". It's black or white...either I need a savior or Christ is a fraud.

I would suggest you reevaluate orthodox teachings which may not intersect with the actual teachings of Christ & his followers.

There is nothing in the teachings of Jesus that nullifies the existence of alien life forms.

What ever they are where ever they are from they were created by God. I personally think they may be from right here, just another dimension of God's creation. Some believe there are as many as 10 dimensions. There may be more or less. I am looking forward to finding out at my resurrection.

Increasingly the Pentagon and retired military with credibility are confirming how long and often this has been going on.

Example

“A number of strange unidentified flying objects were spotted by the Navy in restricted airspace southeast of Virginia Beach nearly every day for two years beginning in 2015, former Navy Lieutenant Ryan Graves told CBS.”

Here is my question. Why are they suddenly giving light to something they’ve keep in a dark closet for the last 70 years?

What ever they are where ever they are from they were created by God. I personally think they may be from right here, just another dimension of God's creation. Some believe there are as many as 10 dimensions. There may be more or less. I am looking forward to finding out at my resurrection.
We already are multi-dimensional beings....body, soul, spirit.
We'll likely find in at least one other dimension, our known laws of physics, time, distance, etc. are very different.

Reactions: bcs bound
Heard a few interviews with physicists talking about alternate dimensions.Can't wrap my head around it.Also, some speculation about time travel.The description of alien beings supposed all are consistent with very small creatures with very little muscle and small arms and legs with very large heads.People have speculated this is the way human evolution is headed and somehow these beings are from the future.Crazy talk a few years or even months ago,but the way things are going who knows.Above my level of comprehension.

Guys I think there are just some weird things that we can’t explain . Watch this video and please explain how these folks did this . Scientist date this stuff back to nearly the Stone Age . Please tell me how?? These things are the sizes of football fields and the geometry is absolutely PERFECT . How did people do this a thousand thousand years ago without some type of insane technology. Stuff like this just makes me wonder .

Reactions: BigWillieCock
Got this quote from another site “ We keep looking at the stars but what if there is something under our oceans? Something like 80% of our oceans are unexplored, we have no idea what is down there. These UFOs seem to regularly be sighted at sea, some have even been reported to have descended in to it. I find that more unsettling than anything in our solar system.”
This guy might have a point,we couldn’t find that plane that went down after the hijacking a few years back.

Supposedly a non natural occurring element known as Element 115 used to power the UFO in some type of magentic drive system.This from Bob Lazar who supposedly reverse engineered this system at area 51 though some people question his authenticity.Renowned physicist Jacque Vallee" supposedly is in possession of an amount of material gathered from wreckage and has reverse engineered.Upon examination he asserted that it would cost billions to go through this manufacturing process and no where on earth has he seen this material being used.Why spend billions to manufacture somthing you can't use?

I don't know what to think about all this.I don't think we can deny something not known to us is doing all this.In any regard I find it highly interesting.

I myself am a devout Christian and if this is all true how does it square with belief in a Devine Creator.?I guess that is a question alot of people will have to ponder.

Bob Lazar is a charlatan. I’ve read some of what he’s written on an alien power plant, and it’s complete word salad. I’m an engineer and I’ve studied advanced propulsion systems, but Bob can’t even use non-propulsion technical terms to their correct usage, meaning and conceptual logic. He’s lied about his background.....well, let’s just summarize that regardless of whether there are advanced species visiting earth with advanced technology, Lazarus the furthest from the truth about it

I always thought Lazar could have been a government plant to sew disinformation. With the security clearances he supposedly had, he would not have been allowed to talk about what he saw or worked on. His butt would be at Ft Leavenworth doing time

But that contradicts the teachings of Jesus and value of the sacrifice on the cross.

I don't need someone to die for me to "evolve my consciousness". It's black or white...either I need a savior or Christ is a fraud.

I would suggest you reevaluate orthodox teachings which may not intersect with the actual teachings of Christ & his followers.

There is nothing in the teachings of Jesus that nullifies the existence of alien life forms.
I am, for the sake of discussion only, making the atheist argument that the existence of aliens contradicts and even negates Biblical teaching.

Jesus taught that he is the "door" and the only way to eternal life. Orthodox Christianity has historically discounted any other appearances of Jesus except those told by the Disciples in the Synoptic Gospels and in Acts and a few of the Epistles. That is why Mormons are not considered orthodox and even heretical.

In addition, in the Great Commission, Jesus instructed his disciples to go and make disciples of all nations beginning in Jerusalem. He didn't tell them to get into spaceships and travel to other planets and preach. He was talking about the Earth.

Orthodox teaching states that Jesus died and was resurrected only once and chastises those who would crucify him again. So, if Jesus meant to include the entire universe in the Great Commission one of two things have to be true. Either, Jesus appeared on other planets and was born, died and resurrected for their salvation (which would seem to require orthodoxy to adjust) or his, birth, death and resurrection was a singular even which happened only on the Earth and was intended for the entire Universe and not just the inhabitants of this planet.

The existence of aliens has also been used to explain away Biblical encounters with Angels and other supernatural events found in the Bible. To put it more bluntly, there are those who say that the events in the Bible were described as supernatural and attributed to God only because 1st century Romans, Greeks and Hebrews didn't possess the understanding and language to describe them otherwise.

Therefore, those who follow that reasoning would say that if Jesus were an ancient alien he was not God incarnate.

What of angels? Are they not "extraterrestrial"? I believe I have read that the word for "angel" appears in the New Testament more frequently than the word for sin and the word for love.

At this stage I don't feel that it is going to cause me personally to reexamine anything. We may have to move forward a bit from the historical image and idea of a heavenly old man with white hair snapping his fingers, but the main tenets of salvation, forgiveness, resurrection, etc may in fact be strengthened; they may fill in some blanks for us. I'm not seeing where the presence of extraterrestrial life is disproving or invalidating anything at this stage.
Angels are spiritual beings created specifically by God as messengers. They don't inhabit a specific planet and they don't procreate. Therefore, they are not a race of beings. (Unless it turns out that Heaven is another planet - which would turn Christianity on its head.)

This is what I am struggling with - to what extent does Christianity accommodate the existence of aliens and to what extent will we have to adjust. I do agree with @Flameout12 that Jesus's words are broad enough to accommodate alien civilizations. But I don't personally think Orthodox Church teaching would accommodate it. There would have to be some changes.

I am not a Greek scholar, but I am also troubled by the words of the Great Commission. Did Jesus appear on other planets? If so, maybe we should not discount Mormonism.

Myself and a friend saw something back in 1970 while fishing on the Intercoastal Waterway in Little River. It was a long way off but made maneuvers that a plane just couldn't do. My friends Aunt lived close by and we got her to take a look and it bothered her so much that she called the Myrtle Beach Airforce to report it.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Angels are spiritual beings created specifically by God as messengers. They don't inhabit a specific planet and they don't procreate. Therefore, they are not a race of beings. (Unless it turns out that Heaven is another planet - which would turn Christianity on its head.)

This is what I am struggling with - to what extent does Christianity accommodate the existence of aliens and to what extent will we have to adjust. I do agree with @Flameout12 that Jesus's words are broad enough to accommodate alien civilizations. But I don't personally think Orthodox Church teaching would accommodate it. There would have to be some changes.

I am not a Greek scholar, but I am also troubled by the words of the Great Commission. Did Jesus appear on other planets? If so, maybe we should not discount Mormonism.
Orthodox teaching will no doubt initially take a hit; you are apparently a man of faith and your struggle with the concept is obvious. But again, “orthodox” is simply man’s effort to reconcile that which man is not necessarily equipped to understand; the Great Commission itself has always been debated and controversial in interpretation.

Again, should this pan out, it will take many out of their spiritual comfort zones.

But probably nothing like the comfort zone we’ll be exiting the first time we look a bulbous headed large eyed long armed alien in the face. Yikes.

This. With all the stuff we can catch on camera these days. With all the amazing photography technology we have. With a huge percentage of the world walking around carrying a camcorder in their hands almost all the time now. Where is the video that convinces me?

I still haven't seen it.
The only time I have ever seen something that blew me away was a metallic globe motionless in the clear daytime sky. I could see it clearly, and I took the time to raise my binoculars and by the time I did that, it was gone.
I have always been one than rather spend time looking through a camera, I wanted to enjoy the sight myself. If I saw something incredible, I would not take the time to try and get photo of it, and I think many may be the same.

Orthodox Christianity ...
...is a religious perspective.

The assumption that Jesus needed to save all planets is a deep and wide stretch. Are you also assuming any alien or alternate life form is made in the image of God and is in need of redemption?

And are you assuming alien lifeforms have a body, soul, and spirit?

If there is no need for redemption, then the Great Commission is irrelevant.

You have to abandon any parallels or preconceived ideas about any kind of alien life forms. Especially if these are some kind of multidimensional entities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT