ADVERTISEMENT

What Happened to Shameik Blackshear

JGH 35

Oct 22, 2013
I heard he sustained some sort of injury, but I dont know what it was, how serious, or how long he will be out. Does anyone know the details?

Can you run and do non contact drills when you have a concussion?

Can you run and do non contact drills when you have a concussion?
No, you have to remain still and calm with no more jarring of the head. From what I understand you aren't even supposed to go outside in bright light. It just takes time to recover. I dont think there is any treatment other than that. Some people get back sooner than others. I dont think there is anyway to tell upfront.

Reactions: nikolas22
No, you have to remain still and calm with no more jarring of the head. From what I understand you aren't even supposed to go outside in bright light. It just takes time to recover. I dont think there is any treatment other than that. Some people get back sooner than others. I dont think there is anyway to tell upfront.

I wonder with the prior trauma his body endured if his recovery will be longer than what is considered "normal".

Hopefully, it's a mild grade of concussion. The kid is probably itching to get on the field at 100%.

Reactions: vehemon
Hopefully, it's a mild grade of concussion. The kid is probably itching to get on the field at 100%.
I can't imagine what these kids go through that get a concussion. Out of all the sports I played growing up, the only significant injuries I've had was broken fingers playing basketball and strained acl with soccer.

I have a funny feeling that we might not be able to count on him over the long term. Truly hope I am wrong.

I have a funny feeling that we might not be able to count on him over the long term. Truly hope I am wrong.
If we don't get meaningful minutes from him this year, I think this will be the case. I'm with you though; I hope we're wrong and he has a breakout season!

I wonder with the prior trauma his body endured if his recovery will be longer than what is considered "normal".
Unless he has specifically had head injuries in the past, I wouldn't think so. I wouldn't think that the other injuries to his lower extremities would affect a head injury.

The good thing is he's young and your body tends to bounce back faster. I honestly think he will be good to go for the second game. I heard it was a grade 3 concussion though.

ADVERTISEMENT