Bistro in Greenville.

Friday I was leisurely eating my lunch and shooting the
bull with the staff.

All of a sudden the staff starts saying "Connor Shaw is
in the building, Connor Shaw is in the building."

This was at the counter and at the deli department,
etc.

When I finished eating I strolled around to see if there
was anything I needed (aka My List, strolling around that is).

When I finished, I noticed Connor with his Garnet and
Black Hoody (Hoodie Up) at the register. How in the hell do you spell
Hoodie?

I said to myself "I am not going to bother him, he is
busy."

In a few minutes I strolled out to my car.

When I got to my car (BTW the parking lot was SLAMMED) I
started to open the door and there was an autographed photo of Connor wedged
into the driver's window.

I pulled the card out and at that moment the black Audi
(nice car) parked next to me lowered his tinted passenger window.

In the Audi was Connor. He said, "I saw your Gamecock
hats in the rear window and thought you would enjoy the card."

I told him thank you very much, I got my Masters from
Carolina in 1973. Then, I said "Thank you for beating Clemson so
much."

A HUGE grin came over his face and with
all the sincerity one could muster he said "It was MY pleasure."

As he drove off, he said "God Bless You". To which I
replied "God bless you."

I told the guys at work, "this had nothing to do with
football". "It was a spiritual thing."

What are the odds that his car is parked next to my
mine?

You can see it (the spiritual) and feel it with
Connor. I know because I have a sense about these things.

BTW, Connor is bigger than you would think and he looks
great.

I forgot to mention my website to him,
jesus-is-the-way.com

If you see him, tell him about my website (because the
time is drawing near)

If you know his email address, send it to me
(fultonavekid@gmail.com). Smile.

Russell

Originally posted by sptbgcock:

About 3 times a week I eat lunch at the Whole Foods
Bistro in Greenville.

Friday I was leisurely eating my lunch and shooting the
bull with the staff.

All of a sudden the staff starts saying "Connor Shaw is
in the building, Connor Shaw is in the building."

This was at the counter and at the deli department,
etc.

When I finished eating I strolled around to see if there
was anything I needed (aka My List, strolling around that is).

When I finished, I noticed Connor with his Garnet and
Black Hoody (Hoodie Up) at the register. How in the hell do you spell
Hoodie?

I said to myself "I am not going to bother him, he is
busy."

In a few minutes I strolled out to my car.

When I got to my car (BTW the parking lot was SLAMMED) I
started to open the door and there was an autographed photo of Connor wedged
into the driver's window.

I pulled the card out and at that moment the black Audi
(nice car) parked next to me lowered his tinted passenger window.

In the Audi was Connor. He said, "I saw your Gamecock
hats in the rear window and thought you would enjoy the card."

I told him thank you very much, I got my Masters from
Carolina in 1973. Then, I said "Thank you for beating Clemson so
much."

A HUGE grin came over his face and with
all the sincerity one could muster he said "It was MY pleasure."

As he drove off, he said "God Bless You". To which I
replied "God bless you."

I told the guys at work, "this had nothing to do with
football". "It was a spiritual thing."

What are the odds that his car is parked next to my
mine?

You can see it (the spiritual) and feel it with
Connor. I know because I have a sense about these things.

BTW, Connor is bigger than you would think and he looks
great.

I forgot to mention my website to him,
jesus-is-the-way.com

If you see him, tell him about my website (because the
time is drawing near)

If you know his email address, send it to me
(fultonavekid@gmail.com). Smile.

Russell
Thanks for sharing. Neat read. BTW, are you from sparkle city originally? I graduated from Spartanburg High in '78.

Gamecawks, let the guy tell his story without grinding whatever ax it is you feel you must grind.

Originally posted by Gamecawks:
Jesus himself took the time to put Connor Shaw in your path. lmao, christians.
You gotta love it when atheists are intolerant of Christians. They would have you believe it's the other way around. A true Christian prays for an atheist. A true atheist despises a true Christian.
shock.r191677.gif

Originally posted by spinrbait:

Christians will get the last laugh
If that's what helps you make sense of the world, more power to you.

Russell - are you a pastor in Spartanburg? If so, where? I am from S'burg, went to Dorman ('82) and Carolina ('86). Enjoyed your site!

Since you can be banned for calling someone a name on this board, I won't. But one of us here is an asshole. If he won't admit it, we can take a vote.

Originally posted by Judge Gaffney:
Since you can be banned for calling someone a name on this board, I won't. But one of us here is an asshole. If he won't admit it, we can take a vote.
They can ban me if they like......here's my vote also.

Graduated in 66 from SHS

was Prez of the Student Body

This post was edited on 3/28 11:58 PM by sptbgcock

Jesus takes the time to do a lot of things.

Many never see them.

Have no idea if you do or not.

Originally posted by sptbgcock:
Jesus takes the time to do a lot of things.

Many never see them.

Have no idea if you do or not.
I enjoyed your story. It was the best. Can't wait until football season.

Yeah. Gonna laugh at all that pain and suffering that non believers are supposedly gonna be going thru. Huh?
As far as the end being near, John the Baptist was running around in the desert over 2000 yrs ago eating bugs and screaming the same thing. It shows a hole in xtian teaching when just about all they have to sway someone with is fear.

Awesome story!! Conor is a great dude! So thankful he became a Gamecock.

Great story. Guys like Marcus, Connor, Kenny Miles etc changed Carolina more than Spurrier because they changed the locker room. I saw the Gamecock workout video a year or two ago and Conner looked like a bid DB, not a QB and was pumping more iron than most of the guys. And just know, the Word of God if offensive to the non-believer. It is called spiritual warfare and is real. If you don't believe that, try and live right and always be kind, you will be attacked at every level. If you live like hell, Satan leaves you alone because he already has you. He is going after the Christians. It is sad a couple of the comments made on this board by the non-believers. You can hear the anger in their voice about anything to do with mentioning Jesus. I am so glad I do not have to live that way, but I will pray for a change of heart for them or that one day they see the Truth. What a miserable existance without HIM.

Originally posted by snucock63:

Great story. Guys like Marcus, Connor, Kenny Miles etc changed Carolina more than Spurrier because they changed the locker room. I saw the Gamecock workout video a year or two ago and Conner looked like a bid DB, not a QB and was pumping more iron than most of the guys. And just know, the Word of God if offensive to the non-believer. It is called spiritual warfare and is real. If you don't believe that, try and live right and always be kind, you will be attacked at every level. If you live like hell, Satan leaves you alone because he already has you. He is going after the Christians. It is sad a couple of the comments made on this board by the non-believers. You can hear the anger in their voice about anything to do with mentioning Jesus. I am so glad I do not have to live that way, but I will pray for a change of heart for them or that one day they see the Truth. What a miserable existance without HIM.
Hmmm... What's that phrase in the bible? Oh yeah, Judge not that ye be not judged.
Most of what I have seen and still see from xtians is hate, prejudice and bigotry. The exact opposite of what the man they claim to follow stood for. Also hypocrisy and an I am better than you attitude.
I was in a hospital waiting room a few years ago and a devout follower of Christ otherwise known as a preacher came in and the first words out of his mouth was some hateful untrue comment about Gays while ignoring the sin of adultery which probably 70 to 80% of xtians are guilty of. Xtians have no moral standing to lecture anyone about sexual morals. Churches use xtians hatred of Gays as a recruiting and donation tool. This is not the path that Christ chose or would choose today.

There are plenty of Christian sinners: ALL of them.

There are plenty of non_Christian sinners: ALL of them.

ALL are guilty.

As to HATE: Here is what the Bible (Psa 119:104) says- Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

The "church nominal" is full of lost people because many do not believe they are sinners.
They SAY they are but do not understand the depths of it.

Then there is PRIDE.
Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

The problem is there are many Christians in name-only. They are not born again. They are religious.
Religion saves no one. Religion is what WE do. Salvation is accomplished by God himself.

Good story despite the argument.

Connor is a good guy for sure. I got his autograph last year at jewelry warehouse.

Originally posted by jerryusc:
Originally posted by snucock63:

Hmmm... What's that phrase in the bible? Oh yeah, Judge not that ye be not judged.
Most of what I have seen and still see from xtians is hate, prejudice and bigotry. The exact opposite of what the man they claim to follow stood for. Also hypocrisy and an I am better than you attitude.
I was in a hospital waiting room a few years ago and a devout follower of Christ otherwise known as a preacher came in and the first words out of his mouth was some hateful untrue comment about Gays while ignoring the sin of adultery which probably 70 to 80% of xtians are guilty of. Xtians have no moral standing to lecture anyone about sexual morals. Churches use xtians hatred of Gays as a recruiting and donation tool. This is not the path that Christ chose or would choose today.
This Sunday - a day that God has set aside for us by His word) - not man. Therefore, let me lift Him up today on FGF.

Jerry, of course, you're judging as well and I do understand your position, though. I had those kind of feelings at one time. I found out - if you support your position or belief by always pointing at shallow, carnal, religious, church-goers, unfriendly, hypocritical and sinful Christians, then you'll always be able to support your feelings. A very "simple" analogy would be going to see the Gamecocks play at Williams-Brice seeing all the fans dressed up in their Gamecock garb and some acting very despicable and Un-Gamecock-Fan-Like.

Unfortunately, many people who proclaim to be "Believers" (including pastors) are drawn to the church for selfish, foolish and egotistical reasons - whether it be the feel-good, power, entertaining, social and "work righteousness" aspects of it. They are NOT drawn to God's Church by the "Holy Spirit" from a life changing "irresistible grace" that God bestows upon them. By the way the "God's Church" isn't the building down the street.

The only thing that makes a Christian a Christian is the atoning blood of Christ. It's the WORK He did on the cross is what saves us.

Like me, if you truly want to understand God, you need to study His Word with a submissive heart and mind and just not read it - especially pulling verses out and reading scripture out-of-context. To help you understand better, read and study doctrine and commentaries by the godly and untainted theologians and pastors who have stood the test-of-time for centuries - some examples are John Wesley (Anglican, Armenian-ism - Free -Will, Methodist), John Calvin (Reformed, Presbyterianism), Charles Spurgeon (Reformed Baptist, Congregationalist), Johnathan Edwards (light Calvinist), Archibald Hodge and his son Charles (Reformed, Presbyterianism). James P. Boyce (Baptist, Congregationalist) - just to name a few. Check out Youtube with some current pastors such as John Piper, John MacAthur, Charles Stanley, Billy Graham, Charles Swindoll - to name a few, For the existence of God - James Boyce's book - "Abstract of Systematic Theology" is a good one.

Hopefully one day, if it's in the sovereign God's will, - your hardened heart will become a heart of flesh (Ezekial 36:26). I will say, as a reformist, - you must believe on the Lord, Jesus Christ and you will be saved. This is ALL God's unmerited grace because He draws you to this life changing ("born again") decision.

This post was edited on 3/29 9:29 PM by UpstateGC

Originally posted by jerryusc:

Yeah. Gonna laugh at all that pain and suffering that non believers are supposedly gonna be going thru. Huh?
As far as the end being near, John the Baptist was running around in the desert over 2000 yrs ago eating bugs and screaming the same thing. It shows a hole in xtian teaching when just about all they have to sway someone with is fear.
No one is going to get the last laugh cause it won't be funny. But here's the deal................If I am wrong about my faith as a Christian, then when I die I will never know the difference. But just maybe, I lived a good life and helped a few people along the way. But if an atheist dies and is wrong...............they will definitely know it. Simple enough for me.

Originally posted by Game!:
Connor being a cool gamecock is the moral of the story
True, and his morality and the type person he is shines through also and was part of the story. I was not judging the comments made this board, just making an observation. We are all sinners saved by Grace. If you try to go to a perfect church you would never go. And of course there are so called Christians that judge more than anyone in the name of religion. However, I doubt these really have a relationship. In fact, our church says "no perfect people allowed". But many use the excuse that Christianity is not real because of the way some people act. You do not gain heaven and experience the blessings of God by works, only by Grace. But when you see how God works in your life you want to love others and do good things. That is all. You cannot judge a church by a few bad people. They are everywhere.

I think Jerry is trying to say Christians are simply humans. He just has a hard time finding the right words because of his hypocrisy, bigotry, intolerance and adulterous ways. Hey......maybe he is really a Christian. Hope I don't make you msd Jerry but I will pray for you.

This post was edited on 3/29 5:26 PM by tngamecock#

Great story. Thanks for sharing. No need to attack the OP if you don't share his beliefs. He's not pushing it on anyone.

This post was edited on 3/29 6:12 PM by sclawman77

Loved the story, OP. All else aside, Connor is the epitomy of what we expect and want of our Gameccocks. Regardless of political or spiritual beliefs, there are some individuals who exude greatness -- John Roche, Earl Bass, Sterling Sharpe. I put Connor in that echelon.

You will find out one of these days and it will be too late.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT