ADVERTISEMENT

What I hope to see tomorrow.

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
A win would be incredible. A loss would be totally expected. But win or loss, the thing I want to see most is a team that looks well coached and plays disciplined football, with a dogged competitiveness and doesn't quit until it's over. This is what I want and hope to see. That is what will give me hope going forward. Go Cocks!

I want to see less than 8 penalties and an offense that looks somewhat competent. If we get blown out oh well. This game isn’t all that important to me other than seeing how we measure up against a very good team. Save an upset for the taters, don’t care about beating the Dawgs, Florida or Auburn this year. We gotta start beating the taters again.

prepare-yourself-the-moral-victory-posts-are-coming.jpg

Reactions: Dizzy01
Okay, I can see where you're coming from. I never intended it that way. But perhaps it does read like that. I always believe you take the field to win. I was just saying what I hope to see in the event of a likely loss. We are enormous underdogs, and this is a UGA team that some think might challenge for a BCS spot. But as always, I will cheer for my Gamecocks.

Get off the bus like you're supposed to be there and play like it.
Defense has an opportunity to keep us in this game longer than all the talking heads think.
You have to stay in a ball game to reach your chance to win.
Keep it simple and play tuff.

I don't see them blowing us out, unless we quit & then I will be very unhappy putting something like that on film.
"don't let this happen to you club"

Hope to say this team can complete with anyone left on our schedule. Continue to see the defense excel and see marked improvement from the offense.

I want to see less than 8 penalties and an offense that looks somewhat competent. If we get blown out oh well. This game isn’t all that important to me other than seeing how we measure up against a very good team. Save an upset for the taters, don’t care about beating the Dawgs, Florida or Auburn this year. We gotta start beating the taters again.
When we start beating the Dawgs, the Gators, and the Auburns of the world, we will not have any problem with beating the Tigers. And, SEC wins are always more important to the long term health of our program.

Okay, I can see where you're coming from. I never intended it that way. But perhaps it does read like that. I always believe you take the field to win. I was just saying what I hope to see in the event of a likely loss. We are enormous underdogs, and this is a UGA team that some think might challenge for a BCS spot. But as always, I will cheer for my Gamecocks.

Fair enough 👌

First I hope we win the toss and elect to kickoff and play defense first, don't start the game out with a 3 and out and put our defense in bad field position.

I hope to see Luke Doty at QB starting and the whole game!

Some improvement from the O Line

I would like to see EJ Jenkins make a play in the red zone and start to contribute.

The special teams continue to make positive plays and making or setting up scores.

I would like us to catch the punts and not let it roll 10-15 yards against us, and I would like to See Muschamp's unit not catch the punts and the ball rolls 15 yards for us!

I would like to see a the ball from a punt roll and touch a unsuspecting UGA blocker and we recover.

I would like see Kevin Harris of 2020 return.

I would like Nick Muse to catch more passes and showcase our TE's role in the offense as a certain important recruit watches.

I would like to see Brad Johnson have another sack and our defensive line give a quality offensive Lines some issues.

I would like to see less dumb penalties, UGA will make us pay.

200.gif

Last edited:
First I hope we win the toss and elect to kickoff and play defense first, don't start the game out with a 3 and out and put our defense in bad field position.

I hope to see Luke Doty at QB starting and the whole game!

Some improvement from the O Line

I would like to see EJ Jenkins make a play in the red zone and start to contribute.

The special teams continue to make positive plays and making or setting up scores.

I would like see Kevin Harris of 2020 return.

I would like Nick Muse to catch more passes and showcase our TE's role in the offense as a certain important recruit watches.

I would like to see Brad Johnson have another sack and our defensive line give a quality offensive Lines some issues.

I would like to see les dumb penalties, UGA will make us pay.

200.gif

Does EJ have a reception yet this year?

Reactions: Gradstudent
Better discipline. We repeatedly put ourselves in bad down/distance situations in the first 2 games. Fortunately, those two teams sucked so bad we were able to overcome it. If we find ourselves in a bunch of 3rd and medium or 3rd and long situations against UGA, it's gonna be a long, long, long, long, long day.

Guess that shows how far we've fallen as a program. Sad.
I wont be cheering a loss but I'm smart enough to appreciate improvement IF I see it. You cant tell me there is no difference bewteen getting beat 50-0 and getting beat 28-21. They both are losses but its a clear indication of improvement and right now against a team like UGA thats what im looking for.

Guess that shows how far we've fallen as a program. Sad.
Its reality.
Not sad at all.
Have you ever had a bad period in your life?
If yes, those are the times when you don't quit. Those are the times when you have to take 1 step or 1 day or even 1 hour at a time.
For USC, in 2021, we are in a bad period as far as our football program.
So going to UGA as a huge underdog, showing improvement is something to celebrate to me.
If you wait till we get "there" as a program to celebrate, you are going to miss a lot of good times on the way imho.

Its reality.
Not sad at all.
If yes, those are the times when you don't quit. Those are the times when you have to take 1 step or 1 day or even 1 hour at a time.
So going to UGA as a huge underdog, showing improvement is something to celebrate to me.
If you wait till we get "there" as a program to celebrate, you are going to miss a lot of good times on the way imho.

it's fine enough to see and appreciate improvement, but winning is the goal. sos actually had to teach us that. we were entrenched in celebrating the heck out of moral victories. sos took that term out of our vocabulary. temporarily it seems.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
A win would be incredible. A loss would be totally expected. But win or loss, the thing I want to see most is a team that looks well coached and plays disciplined football, with a dogged competitiveness and doesn't quit until it's over. This is what I want and hope to see. That is what will give me hope going forward. Go Cocks!

At what point in the score differential would it be fair to say we weren’t well coached?

I would love to see a nail biting down to the wire game with the Gamecocks coming back to Columbia with the "Win"... A 3-0 start with a win over Georgia could make me a true believer that "Beamer-Ball" has the Cocks with the right chemistry that will continue toward a "Natty".. ("Why not us?")

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
At what point in the score differential would it be fair to say we weren’t well coached?

Good question. The talent gap between us and UGA is probably as wide as it's ever been, or close to it. We may be well-coached and still get obliterated. We just don't have the horses.

Its reality.
Not sad at all.
Your last statement says a mouthful. Football isn't all about the final destination. I just as much about the entire journey to get there. Enjoy the journey.

Good question. The talent gap between us and UGA is probably as wide as it's ever been, or close to it. We may be well-coached and still get obliterated. We just don't have the horses.

Yes. But at some point there has to be a line where good coaching would prevent a blowout of some proportion.

I feel like a lot of posters are going to argue we were well coached, no matter the outcome. That’s not reasonable.

Yes. But at some point there has to be a line where good coaching would prevent a blowout of some proportion.

I feel like a lot of posters are going to argue we were well coached, no matter the outcome. That’s not reasonable.

For me, it will depend on how we compose ourselves more than the score. This is a huge game, do we play like it? That means, get the penalties under control. Don't make silly mistakes. Don't get caught up taunting and ignorant stuff like that. If we do everything right and lose by 50, well, it is what it is. We are out-talented. If we have a lot of stupid penalties, have unforced turnovers, have brain dead plays that kill drives, etc and lose by 50, then that's coaching.

I feel like a score differential may not tell the whole story of what happens in any given game. For me, the evidence will be the totality of the game. I've watched a lot of football over the decades. I feel like I can gauge a team's "goodness" (i.e., how well coached they look) by what I see. That said, I sure hope we don't get slaughtered ;-)

Your last statement says a mouthful. Football isn't all about the final destination. I just as much about the entire journey to get there. Enjoy the journey.
Thanks lol.
I've spent my entire life bing a nurse. It affects my life outlook tremendously.

To beat the number 2 team you have to be better than the number 2 team. Are people saying that they expected us to be a top 5 team in CSB’s first year? I didn’t.

yes, they may not be a number 2 team and yes, we can be lucky but it’s still either a Win, Loss, or Tie.

Not only this but if we can show improvement and not get blown out this will help with recruiting. No one is expecting this team to even be competitive. There is talent but I would like to see the o-line perform at a higher level and for the secondary to limit the explosive plays. The d-line is more than talented enough to hang with them. Improving the running game alone would keep this competitive. I believe they can do it if they are coached up. Seeing a glaring issue fixed would satisfy me. Unlike the previous administration that couldn’t figure out how to address any issues like tackling for instance.

For me, it will depend on how we compose ourselves more than the score. This is a huge game, do we play like it? That means, get the penalties under control. Don't make silly mistakes. Don't get caught up taunting and ignorant stuff like that. If we do everything right and lose by 50, well, it is what it is. We are out-talented. If we have a lot of stupid penalties, have unforced turnovers, have brain dead plays that kill drives, etc and lose by 50, then that's coaching.
To me stupid penalties include false starts, offsides, certainly taunting. Bear Bryant taught his players to knock them down then heip them back up. Teaching that eliminates standing over your opponent flexing your arms and running your mouth. Targeting, unnecessary roughness meh. Hate to see them but when is targeting ever intentional? I don't want my defense to become timid and afraid to hit.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer
Its reality.
Not sad at all.

So we are in a bad period this season…….got it. Glad we aren’t 0-2 or you would want us to shutdown football.

Some posters should give up and stop posting for a few years. How do you people move forward in your lives while stuck in the past. Worry about an ass whipping when/if it actually happens.

UGA isn’t the greatest team to ever play because they eeked out a win against a tater team u will see is not that great By year’s end.

Glad none of you whining defeatest asses ever played on one of my teams.

PS - only my first comment was meant for you. The rest is for the constant naysayers. Your points about hope and rough times is spot on.

Last edited:
I just want to see some indication that we have more than 4 plays on offense. I know Georgia’s defense is tough so run middle right, run middle left, pass right seam and pass left seam probably isn’t going to cut it.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
So we are in a bad period this season…….got it. Glad we aren’t 0-2 or you would want us to shutdown football.

Some posters should give up and stop posting for a few years. How do you people move forward in your lives while stuck in the past. Worry about an ass whipping when/if it actually happens.

UGA isn’t the greatest team to ever play because they eeked out a win against a tater team u will see is not that great By year’s end.

Glad none of you whining defeatest asses ever played on one of my teams.

PS - only my first comment was meant for you. The rest is for the constant naysayers. Your points about hope and rough times is spot on.
No worries lol.
I like your positivity. I said we are in a bad period because of the last several years with Spurrier leaving mid season, then Muschamp not working out.
But if you disagree I'm cool and I'll be on your team lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT