ADVERTISEMENT

What if ??????? Re: Tanner and Holbrook

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
" Either promote me to AD or I'm going to Texas as their baseball head coach"....that was the situation with Tanner.

So if Tanner had not been given the USC AD position and had left for Austin, would Holbrook still have been named head coach???

We'll never know for sure but the answer is that we probably would have gotten Holbrook either way.

Reactions: cockofdawn
By the time 2012 rolled around the Texas ship had sailed, and honestly they, and other schools, were looking at CCH for head coach because CRT had made it known he was going to stay here as long as we'd let him. What surprised all of us was EH jumping ship as soon as he did and the AD position opening up. We honestly thought we had at least 2-3 more years with CRT at the helm on the diamond.

Reactions: rogue cock
Now I get it. Hyman left knowing we would hire Tanner as AD thus Tanner hiring his unqualified buddy to take over the baseball program. It was a conspiracy by Hyman to take down the baseball program all along! He would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those pesky fans.

" Either promote me to AD or I'm going to Texas as their baseball head coach"....that was the situation with Tanner.

So if Tanner had not been given the USC AD position and had left for Austin, would Holbrook still have been named head coach???

We'll never know for sure but the answer is that we probably would have gotten Holbrook either way.

I tend to agree. I think Tanner used an 'LBJ-like' approach with Dr. Pastidis and the good Prez blinked. What choice did he (Pastidis) have? With over 40 Million $$$ committed to the new baseball stadium and Tanner heading out the door to Austin? The BOT would have $#&* their pants!

Things have changed, however. The baseball program has not continued its elite status under Chad, fans are staying away in droves and its now obvious that Tanner wanted the AD job more than he wanted to continue the success of the baseball program. Imo, it's Pastidis's turn to put on the 'LBJ hat'.

Now I get it. Hyman left knowing we would hire Tanner as AD thus Tanner hiring his unqualified buddy to take over the baseball program. It was a conspiracy by Hyman to take down the baseball program all along! He would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those pesky fans.
Didn't Hyman go to Texas A&M? Thought he was an Aggie alum, but I'm old and my memory is fading.

Tanner was not obligated to stay in the baseball program. He said he was only going to coach through the 2013 year anyway. Had Eric Hyman not left, Tanner would probably be working in administration at another university.

By the time 2012 rolled around the Texas ship had sailed, and honestly they, and other schools, were looking at CCH for head coach because CRT had made it known he was going to stay here as long as we'd let him. What surprised all of us was EH jumping ship as soon as he did and the AD position opening up. We honestly thought we had at least 2-3 more years with CRT at the helm on the diamond.

Honestly??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT