ADVERTISEMENT

What if SOS would have gone the Bobby Bowden route.,

BobbyB1975

Sep 9, 2018
This sucks to say but would we be in a much different position than we are right now if Spurrier pulled a Bowden or Paterno and just hung on until he couldn’t remember his players names anymore . I know he adamantly didn’t wanna be that guy but as of right now I think the results may be about the same . All this talk about his recruiting failures , if you look at the numbers his classes even at the end are right on par with what Muschamp has done . If he fired Whammy and we threw the bank at a young fiery DC that could recruit then who knows . Not saying this is a good long term solution but in all honesty are we in a better position now ??? Until he’s 100 years old SOS is still gonna have a solid game plan and is not going to tolerate Dumb QB play or receivers who can not catch the ball .
I think Spurrier could field .500 teams until he can’t talk any more and that is what we are looking at now with this current trend .

Reactions: melvin08
Wish he would have stayed here until he croaked! A half Ass Spurrier is WORLD'S BETTER than a 100% Muschamp.

Reactions: melvin08
ADVERTISEMENT