ADVERTISEMENT

What is the one question you would ask HBC?

G-C-Gamecock

Jan 26, 2012
If given the chance, what would be something (good or bad) you would ask him?
Mine: Do you believe, wholeheartedly, that you can win a National Championship with these coaches?
If he believes, without a doubt, that this is a "championship" caliber staff, then so be it.

Can you define what it means when you say that the staff can "coach 'em up"?

or

Why do we have four different guys making play calls on offense?

why wasn't beating Bill Curry's brains while at UK 73-7, 42-7 & 65-0 enough for you to get past your disdain for replacing assistant coaches? Pepper Rodgers would like to know as well.

This post was edited on 2/3 4:02 PM by 2u0s0c1

Knowing that other schools have been using your age against you for your entire tenure at South Carolina, why would you hand them a Christmas present by even mentioning the idea that you'd not be here for a recruit's entire 4 year career?

How are we bringing in SEC money and ranked in the Forbes top 20 as far as athletic dept revenue, yet we have only been competitive in this conference for a couple years of your tenure?

"only been competitive in this conference for a couple of years..."

Spurrier has 1 SEC Easttitle, has finished 2nd 3 times and 3rd twice. Think we've been competitive for more than just a couple of years. Heck, we finished at 3=5 this season, but was still competitive.

Originally posted by raycock2001:

Spurrier has 1 SEC Easttitle, has finished 2nd 3 times and 3rd twice. Think we've been competitive for more than just a couple of years. Heck, we finished at 3=5 this season, but was still competitive.

And there is our problem as a fan base in one phrase ^^^^^^. When 3rd is considered "competitive", well, I don't need to add more.
laugh.r191677.gif

That's not a question....please phrase in the form of a question. For instance, you might ask "Steve, do you consider 3 conference wins being competitive, taking into account how we lost 3 of 5?" Or you might inquire "Coach, when you first came to South Carolina, you demanded the fans push for more and that they stop settling and applauding losing. Does 3 wins satisfy that sentiment and do you still feel that way?"

Those would be good questions.

This post was edited on 2/3 5:40 PM by G-C-Gamecock

jackrabbit--one of years we finished 3rd we were 11-2. Do you not consider that competitive? We lost 2 conference games. We are talking SEC here, not ACC..When your conference annually puts 6-8 teams in the top 25 and usually 3-5 teams are fighting for the conference title, then yes, 3rd can be considered competitive.
So yes, you do need to add more. I want a SEC title, but we are not in a conference where there is only about a 2-3 team race all year.

I would ask did you know losing to clempson once the last six years would result in this nuch delusion? Is that why you said circle the date.

I noticed that too, Crane. Wonder if arthritis is complicating it. I

know that's a lot of mine.

GOCOCKS! BEATUGA! BEATVANDY!

On average how many times do you say "doin' OK" on your call in show?

jackrabbit--one of years we finished 3rd we were 11-2. Do you not consider that competitive? We lost 2 conference games. We are talking SEC here, not ACC..When your conference annually puts 6-8 teams in the top 25 and usually 3-5 teams are fighting for the conference title, then yes, 3rd can be considered competitive.
So yes, you do need to add more. I want a SEC title, but we are not in a conference where there is only about a 2-3 team race all year.
So was South Carolina in the ACC in 2010, when your team lost three SEC games in the regular season? How did you guys pull that off? Did it have anything to do with the fact that:

Florida: 8-5
Georgia: 6-7
Kentucky: 6-7
Tennessee: 5-7
Vandy: 2-10

SEC East: 34-31 (.523)

That has been the weakest division on either side since divisional play began in 1992.

And from 2011-2013, which year would the 'Cocks have won the ACC? Perhaps 2011, but not sure. Certainly no other year.

In the sEC East, most seasons are a two-team race. Throughout the 1990s, it was usually Florida and Tennessee. In the 2000s, it was usually Florida and Georgia, with Tennessee poking its head in. Since 2012, Mizzou, a middle of the pack Big XII team, already went to two SECCGs. Two in three years...

When you had Shaw and Clowney, you guys were a great team.

Will you go play golf with me? I'll bring the beers, I'll bring the beers.

"Hi Todd and Coach... thanks for taking my call. How y'all doing tonight? My question is for you coach. Do you think Mumbles will be in the box next year or on the field? I'll hang up and listen to your comments off the air."

What exactly was it that changed your mind from " Why not us " when you were hired, to current day comment " We're not Alabama ? "

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT