ADVERTISEMENT

What is your “Common Courtesy” pet peeve??

Much like Stairway to Heaven and Smoke on the Water, Freebird is a great song that got WAY overplayed over the years. I haven't played in a band in many years, but I always wanted to learn Freebird, like really do the song justice, so when some idiots start yelling it the band could bust into a rockin' 20+ minute version just to see the looks on their faces.

If you actually did it half the crowd would walk off. I would. Talk about a broken record. I'm all for long jams, but after the 5000th time on the classic rock station I'm over it.

I live right where a road T's and every other day pick up trash. (Soda cups, fast food trash, beer bottles and cans and today used scratch off lottery tickets). People with no respect.
game cam! you can put a stop to that in a heartbeat! probably the same couple of people.

It is. He's a really safe driver already. He's still learning that a lot of stuff is by feel, i.e. when the speed limit goes from 55 to 35 in a small town you can just tap the brakes and let the car slow down naturally as opposed to slamming on the brakes. He mentioned that he wants to take 378 to the beach Saturday. Momma is going to veto that. 1 - We are at the North end (917 through Mullins for us). 2 - It takes too damn long during peak beach season.
if he doesn’t feel comfortable driving the int yet, you shouldn’t force him. my dad taught me that very valuable lesson when i started driving with him. especially when it comes to other “souls on board”. fear will cause much more distraction than one would believe. take 378 and enjoy the ride! no rush!

if he doesn’t feel comfortable driving the int yet, you shouldn’t force him. my dad taught me that very valuable lesson when i started driving with him. especially when it comes to other “souls on board”. fear will cause much more distraction than one would believe. take 378 and enjoy the ride! no rush!
I'm not forcing him to do anything, and I don't appreciate you implying such. He only wants to do so because they have taken that route for golf tournaments in the off season. He does not understand the difference in traffic in August vs late March/early April.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
Much like Stairway to Heaven and Smoke on the Water, Freebird is a great song that got WAY overplayed over the years. I haven't played in a band in many years, but I always wanted to learn Freebird, like really do the song justice, so when some idiots start yelling it the band could bust into a rockin' 20+ minute version just to see the looks on their faces.

Funny story ... one of the side project bands I’m in does a lot of Southern Rock ... Skynrd , ABB , Marshall Tucker , Dixie Dregs etc etc. ... so we know the song .. one night some drunk asshole was screaming “Freebird” all night so I got on the mic and told him “ Put $100 in that tip jar and we will play the s$&t out of it “ halfway joking . I’ll be dammed if he didn’t stumble up and throw a hundred dollar bill in the jar !! Sooo ... we played it . Haha . After we finished he dropped another $50 !! Ain’t no shame in my game !! I’d prefer “Simple Man” or “Tuesday’s gone” but money talks !! Haha

Reactions: heavycock
Sorry, I don't wave back when you have the right of way and motion me to proceed. Learn the rules! Also when the jack-leg in front of me stops to let someone in traffic, when there is no one behind me. If they kept going, that person would advance with NO problem.

Holding the door for someone and not getting a thank you.
Driving through parking spaces in a parking lot..ive seen people drive all the way across the lot at Walmart cutting through parking spots the entire way. Parking spots are for parking and driving lanes are for driving. And don't pull through parking spots either! Back out of your spot. Only pull out if you backed in.
Holding the door for someone and not getting a thank you.
Driving through parking spaces in a parking lot..ive seen people drive all the way across the lot at Walmart cutting through parking spots the entire way. Parking spots are for parking and driving lanes are for driving. And don't pull through parking spots either! Back out of your spot. Only pull out if you backed in.
Holding the door and not getting a thank you is second for me, behind only people with nothing wrong with them parking in a handicapped spot.

Funny story ... one of the side project bands I’m in does a lot of Southern Rock ... Skynrd , ABB , Marshall Tucker , Dixie Dregs etc etc. ... so we know the song .. one night some drunk asshole was screaming “Freebird” all night so I got on the mic and told him “ Put $100 in that tip jar and we will play the s$&t out of it “ halfway joking . I’ll be dammed if he didn’t stumble up and throw a hundred dollar bill in the jar !! Sooo ... we played it . Haha . After we finished he dropped another $50 !! Ain’t no shame in my game !! I’d prefer “Simple Man” or “Tuesday’s gone” but money talks !! Haha

Laughing That is AWESOME!!

What band do you play in? PM if you don't want to post it. I'm dying for some live music...been waayyy too long.

Unused seconds left on the microwave.
And in that regard, stupid microwaves that require you to hit 'time cook' before entering time. Just let me hit the numbers.

Laughing That is AWESOME!!

What band do you play in? PM if you don't want to post it. I'm dying for some live music...been waayyy too long.

Haha no I don’t mind posting . My original band is funk / Jam band called New Earth Army . We should have most of our stuff on spotify or ITunes . I also play in a couple of cover bands and do some acoustic shows just to keep the bills paid !! Haha . Post a few tracks from our last few records . Hope you dig it .

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kcuQd0QBpHZobvty2GnB3wIapO93aQRs8

1. Playing loud music while you pump gas. Especially with foul language in it.
2. No receipt at the pump, when you pay at the pump and it tell you to go in inside to get it.
3. People who call and you don’t answer the first time and they call you right back 3 seconds later and it’s not an emergency.
4. People that correct my spelling, I’m dyslexic and I really just don’t care after you point it out to me and I’ve already spent twenty minutes editing a longer message.

Last edited:
Haha no I don’t mind posting . My original band is funk / Jam band called New Earth Army . We should have most of our stuff on spotify or ITunes . I also play in a couple of cover bands and do some acoustic shows just to keep the bills paid !! Haha . Post a few tracks from our last few records . Hope you dig it .

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kcuQd0QBpHZobvty2GnB3wIapO93aQRs8

Very cool man, dig it. Will keep an eye/ear on you guys. Didn't realize you were in FL so I doubt I'll be popping in for any shows any time soon haha. However, I did live in Gulf Breeze when I was a kid for a few years and love the area, always threaten the family with taking them down there for a vacation so they can experience the beautiful beaches. Maybe next year and if so hopefully y'all will be playing nearby...

...and I'm guessing pretty soon someone will post their pet peeve about people hijacking threads with OT discussions Laughing

Very cool man, dig it. Will keep an eye/ear on you guys. Didn't realize you were in FL so I doubt I'll be popping in for any shows any time soon haha. However, I did live in Gulf Breeze when I was a kid for a few years and love the area, always threaten the family with taking them down there for a vacation so they can experience the beautiful beaches. Maybe next year and if so hopefully y'all will be playing nearby...

...and I'm guessing pretty soon someone will post their pet peeve about people hijacking threads with OT discussions Laughing

Thanks my friend !! Yeah come on down . I’m sure we will be playing somewhere hopefully !! Gulf Breeze is awesome !! I love fishing in Navarre and Pensacola beach . Another pet peeve ... people who leave their trash on the beach . That one really burns me up !!

Ok this might sound petty but here are some musician pet peeves

1. Don’t request a song (especially something cringey) and not tip . Even a jukebox gets a little something . If it’s something especially cringey it will be “Market Price”
2. Thanks for offering to buy the band a round beers but rather than spending $25 dollars on beers marked up 70% just put the same in the tip jar or here’s a thought ... buy a Cd or digital download , it’s much more appreciated. Plus “Some folks” get to many of those drink.. especially drummers ... don’t buy the drummer drinks !!!
3. I LOVE it when other musicians wanna talk gear and guitars during set breaks but NEVER EVER EVER ask the band ..”Hey I play a little , can I get up and play a song or two ??” If your a pilot or doctor I’m not going to you place of business and ask to fly the plane or do a triple by-pass . I’ve literally had a guy cuss me out because I would let’s their 9 year old who took 2 drum lessons play a set .
4. Yes bro , your girlfriend is super hot but ....she can’t get up on stage with 15 of her wasted friends . If she spills a drink on our $1000 bass rig I guess your gonna pay for it right ?!!!
5. If you yell Freebird your an asshole . Half of the idiots that scream Freebird don’t even know who wrote it . Shut up and have another white claw .

sorry I got a little carried away !! Apologies. Haha . Rant over
Ok this might sound petty but here are some musician pet peeves

1. Don’t request a song (especially something cringey) and not tip . Even a jukebox gets a little something . If it’s something especially cringey it will be “Market Price”
2. Thanks for offering to buy the band a round beers but rather than spending $25 dollars on beers marked up 70% just put the same in the tip jar or here’s a thought ... buy a Cd or digital download , it’s much more appreciated. Plus “Some folks” get to many of those drink.. especially drummers ... don’t buy the drummer drinks !!!
3. I LOVE it when other musicians wanna talk gear and guitars during set breaks but NEVER EVER EVER ask the band ..”Hey I play a little , can I get up and play a song or two ??” If your a pilot or doctor I’m not going to you place of business and ask to fly the plane or do a triple by-pass . I’ve literally had a guy cuss me out because I would let’s their 9 year old who took 2 drum lessons play a set .
4. Yes bro , your girlfriend is super hot but ....she can’t get up on stage with 15 of her wasted friends . If she spills a drink on our $1000 bass rig I guess your gonna pay for it right ?!!!
5. If you yell Freebird your an asshole . Half of the idiots that scream Freebird don’t even know who wrote it . Shut up and have another white claw .

sorry I got a little carried away !! Apologies. Haha . Rant over

HA! Where do you play? My daughter plays out a lot, solo, duo full band, etc. Your pet peeves are very accurate....

Hangry. Yeah, we decided to go through the CFA drive thru yeasterday. I hate waiting in line. Always have. It's a two-lane deal so they don't have cars lined up in the street, which they do anyway at peak periods. We get behind a woman in our lane who leaves two car lengths space in front of her. Then she orders the entire menu and lets two people from lane two squeeze in before her because of the space. I wanted to get out and push her truck forward. Then a redneck kid in a ratty 4WD tries to do the same to me. NOPE! That's why I took the inside lane. I already fell several spots behind.

This burns me up as well. However, because of Covid and no entry inside, the last two Chick fil As I've been to the employees taking your order will direct you which car to follow after they've taken your order. And that alleviates the need to joust for a position in line as you drive through.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
This burns me up as well. However, because of Covid and no entry inside, the last two Chick fil As I've been to the employees taking your order will direct you which car to follow after they've taken your order. And that alleviates the need to joust for a position in line as you drive through.
I love that CFA tells you which car to follow. I remember some of the busier locations doing so even before #coronacation2020.

Reactions: RickyRooster
Or here’s one. I’m a physician and try to be courteous by staying on time. It burns me up when I walk into a patients room and they are on the phone and make no effort to end the call quickly. I usually just walk out and see a bunch of other patients and make them wait for 45 minutes or so. Might be passive-aggressive, but at least it makes me feel better.

Reactions: FJRTiger
CFA mobile app and curb-side service for the win! This has saved me SO much time since I started using it.

My wife laughs about this but nothing burns me up worse than waving another driver Or pedestrian thru an intersection or letting them cut into traffic and not getting a “Wave” back . Don’t know why but it makes me completely psychotic. I swear I’ve come very close to T-Boning another car just for not waving back . The list of atrocities at the boat ramp should have its own thread . My personal favorite is waiting to load your gear : coolers , rods , food , etc etc at the ramp when there’s a line waiting to put in . This should be interesting .

I always wave back as if I've just seen my best friend.

I'm not forcing him to do anything, and I don't appreciate you implying such. He only wants to do so because they have taken that route for golf tournaments in the off season. He does not understand the difference in traffic in August vs late March/early April.
my apologies.

Watching someone wait for another car to pull out of a parking spot when there are 2-3 spaces available fairly close to where they are. Meanwhile they are holding “X” number of cars from parking. I thought about making a bumper sticker that says “ A woman’s ass is directly proportional to how long she will wait for the closest parking space”.

Last edited:
My wife laughs about this but nothing burns me up worse than waving another driver Or pedestrian thru an intersection or letting them cut into traffic and not getting a “Wave” back . Don’t know why but it makes me completely psychotic. I swear I’ve come very close to T-Boning another car just for not waving back . The list of atrocities at the boat ramp should have its own thread . My personal favorite is waiting to load your gear : coolers , rods , food , etc etc at the ramp when there’s a line waiting to put in . This should be interesting .
People waiting on an elevator and not giving the people on the elevator a chance to get off the elevator before they go barging their way on. The people on the elevator have nowhere to go. Please let these people get off the elevator before you force your way on. It ain't hard to do ...

Someone handing me my coffee from Starbucks and expecting a tip. For what?

I've got two for restaurants, mostly sit down fast food. Waitress with a dirty apron or shirt. One who with a runny nose while taking my order. Gross and it happened more than once at one particular restaurant. We won't go back.

My basic rule is waiters and hostesses should be squeaky clean looking.
That is why good restaurants have them wear black aprons.

Someone handing me my coffee from Starbucks and expecting a tip. For what?
Service. If people don’t want to tip people who serve you things, Please eat/make coffee at home.

Which brings up perhaps my biggest pet peeve - people who don’t tip!!

Guess we should tip the person at Lowe’s when they hand us the paint too.
You can if you like... But that is not a legitimate comparison. I do not know what Starbucks pays people off the top of my head but I doubt it is a bunch of money. People take service industry jobs with crap pay because they rely in the kindness of the people they are serving to tip them. If you do not want to participate, that is your choice but if you chose to take advantage of the service offered, you should play along with the expectation. Nobody says you have to tip them the same as a waiter who served you a whole meal...

I
Service. If people don’t want to tip people who serve you things, Please eat/make coffee at home.

Which brings up perhaps my biggest pet peeve - people who don’t tip!!
I tip people who have traditionally been tipped; waiters, bellhops, hotel maids, etc... It seems like now everybody wants a tip, tip jars are everywhere. Why should I tip for a haircut when I am already paying you $60? If $60 is not enough charge more.

I

I tip people who have traditionally been tipped; waiters, bellhops, hotel maids, etc... It seems like now everybody wants a tip, tip jars are everywhere. Why should I tip for a haircut when I am already paying you $60? If $60 is not enough charge more.
You're crazy if you pay $60 for a haircut, in the first place.

I

Don’t mind giving a small tip for haircut. Only charge me 13. I give her 15. Can’t stand seeing tip jars for walk up food. All they do is take your order and make change

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT