ADVERTISEMENT

What is your “Common Courtesy” pet peeve??

Don’t mind giving a small tip for haircut. Only charge me 13. I give her 15. Can’t stand seeing tip jars for walk up food. All they do is take your order and make change
I tell her to make me beautiful. She says she is a beautician, not a magician

Reactions: duckcock2
I’ll be honest I’m a chronic overtipper . Especially in the current climate . If I get exceptional service I’ll tip 25 to 30% . Most of these folks are making peanuts for salary . On the flip side if I get terrible service I’ll still tip but I’ll never go back .

Reactions: SCexpat38
Those that wait until both lanes are clear before turning - they have no clue that they can ease out to the center and merge into the lane

Reactions: redrogers
Those that wait until both lanes are clear before turning - they have no clue that they can ease out to the center and merge into the lane
Or even worse. And this boils my blood. The people that think that they can't turn left if the arrow isn't lit. The arrow gives you the right of way but unless there's a specific red arrow, you can treat it like any other light that doesn't have arrows. I think if I ever get road rage this will be the cause.

Reactions: thisisnextyr
Holding the door for someone and not getting a thank you.
Driving through parking spaces in a parking lot..ive seen people drive all the way across the lot at Walmart cutting through parking spots the entire way. Parking spots are for parking and driving lanes are for driving. And don't pull through parking spots either! Back out of your spot. Only pull out if you backed in.

:eek::eek:

Or at a four way when you’re last to arrive, and yet the previous 3 are all using hand signals to let the other two go. Ultimately they all go and stop at the same time. Meanwhile, you were last there, so you just wait while there is a near collision in the intersection.

Can I please buy my groceries without publicly being asked if I would like to make a donation to such and such fund? Every single time.

"Sir, would you like us to round up your total today to help feed a starving child?"

I mean c'mon. Who wouldn't but it's everywhere you go.

"Sir, would you like to send an apple pie to a soldier serving overseas?"

Can I please buy my groceries without publicly being asked if I would like to make a donation to such and such fund? Every single time.

"Sir, would you like us to round up your total today to help feed a starving child?"

There's no telling where that money actually goes - when it comes to $ i trust no one

I’ll be honest I’m a chronic overtipper . Especially in the current climate . If I get exceptional service I’ll tip 25 to 30% . Most of these folks are making peanuts for salary . On the flip side if I get terrible service I’ll still tip but I’ll never go back .

I overtip also. Even if they have the person working too many tables and the service isn't great. But if not, and the person is just very lazy, I will leave a dime just so they cant rationalize that I just forgot.

But two biggest pet peeves:

Let somebody in on a crowded road, and not even a courtesy wave.

Getting behind the guy buying scratch offs at the convenience store who acts like they are picking out a diamond ring as they say, let's see.....give me a Palmetto Lucky, two Carolina Millionaires, and two Golden Rainbows. Meanwhile eight people are in line wanting to pay for their drinks and get out

Last edited:

I overtip also. Even if they have the person working too many tables and the service isn't great. But if not, and the person is just very lazy, I will leave a dime just so they cant rationalize that I just forgot.

Let somebody in on a crowed road, and not even a courtesy wave.

Getting behind the guy buying scratch offs at the convenient store who acts like they are picking out a diamond ring as they say, let's see.....give me a Palmetto Lucky, two Carolina Millionaires, and two Golden Rainbows. Meanwhile eight people are in line wanting to pay for their drinks and get out

Then, right before walking away with his tickets, he tells the cashier to give him $2.83 in gas on pump 11.

Reactions: importcock
I try my best to follow the rules.

At Harris Teeter near our house, there are about 15 parking spots and each spot has a sign that says "For Golf Carts or Hybrid Vehicles Only".

I drive a Ford Taurus. There are many times that I'd love to take one of those spots but I'd be breaking the rules.

That said, I watch the men & women that think they're entitled to better parking use these spots all day long for their Mercedes, BMW's, Jags, etc. Also men driving Ford F150's.

pic-of-a-green-truck-parked-in-front-of-a-sign-that-reads-reserved-for-green-vehicles

I try my best to follow the rules.

At Harris Teeter near our house, there are about 15 parking spots and each spot has a sign that says "For Golf Carts or Hybrid Vehicles Only".

I drive a Ford Taurus. There are many times that I'd love to take one of those spots but I'd be breaking the rules.

That said, I watch the men & women that think they're entitled to better parking use these spots all day long for their Mercedes, BMW's, Jags, etc. Also men driving Ford F150's.

pic-of-a-green-truck-parked-in-front-of-a-sign-that-reads-reserved-for-green-vehicles

Well played.

Reactions: Silverspur02
I have 2 that may have already been mentioned. It ticks me off when people, at grocery stores go through 10 or 15 item lines with dozens of items or a cart full of groceries. Second, for people not to walk a cart to their designated area but, instead leave it out around the parking space, can people be any more lazier?

Let somebody in on a crowded road, and not even a courtesy wave.

Getting behind the guy buying scratch offs at the convenience store who acts like they are picking out a diamond ring as they say, let's see.....give me a Palmetto Lucky, two Carolina Millionaires, and two Golden Rainbows. Meanwhile eight people are in line wanting to pay for their drinks and get out

Oh man the lottery ticket thing drives me INSANE . I can’t stand it . What drives me even more crazy is when they step to the side and scratch off all their tickets on the counter and then do the same thing again . Drives me insane . I’m like “Why can’t you gamble on line like the rest of us “.

I don’t I just say no thank you and move on. I give my 10% and then some be it to the church or some other cause. I don’t feel bad in the slightest.

Reactions: Zann77
I have 2 that may have already been mentioned. It ticks me off when people, at grocery stores go through 10 or 15 item lines with dozens of items or a cart full of groceries. Second, for people not to walk a cart to their designated area but, instead leave it out around the parking space, can people be any more lazier?

Yep to both. Some of the folks who leave their buggies in the middle of the parking spot next to the one they're in could sure use the exercise involved in pushing that empty buggy 20 feet to a buggy corral or whatever it is they call those places where you're supposed to put your buggy so it doesn't ding another car or take up a parking spot ....

Not really a common courtesy pet peeve, but I can't stand those douchebags who drive like 90 mph in the fast lane on the interstate and expect people to just jump out of their way. Nope. If I pull into the passing lane to pass somebody and you zip up on my bumper at warp speed, not happening.

Reactions: importcock
SMACKING....I can't eat in the same room as someone who smacks their food. It probably bothers me too much but I get cold sweats around people that do it.

A few fishing peeves .

#1 jet skis suck and should be banned forever
#2 Fishing a shoreline or rip and another boat cuts you off or goes around and fishes in front of you
#3. Guys that burn a flat you’re fishing , I know some people are just oblivious but I see a lot of charter and pro guys do this too and it is infuriating.
4. Blowing thru a no wake zone .
5. Feeding dolphins, seagulls and another annoying things .

I don’t I just say no thank you and move on. I give my 10% and then some be it to the church or some other cause. I don’t feel bad in the slightest.

Not only do you not know where in the hell this money goes, if it actually makes it to said charity, you are giving that same company a tax free donation with YOUR MONEY. Laughing

My wife laughs about this but nothing burns me up worse than waving another driver Or pedestrian thru an intersection or letting them cut into traffic and not getting a “Wave” back . Don’t know why but it makes me completely psychotic. I swear I’ve come very close to T-Boning another car just for not waving back . The list of atrocities at the boat ramp should have its own thread . My personal favorite is waiting to load your gear : coolers , rods , food , etc etc at the ramp when there’s a line waiting to put in . This should be interesting .
Idiots who turn on their emergency flashers during a downpour. If you turn on emergency flashers during a downpour, pull over and stop! Do not continue driving with flashers on!

Reactions: FJRTiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT