ADVERTISEMENT

What is your favorite SEC away venue to visit?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
I guess I have to say UT because I have attended more games in Knoxville than any other one SEC school.

I like Vandy because we usually win and the Smash is awesome. Plus in 2004 I saw an elderly Carolina fan beat the crap out of some Vandy fraternity kid. It was awesome.

I like attending games at Vandy, too. But I've only attended one game there but Nashville was a lot of fun.

In fact, I have only visited three SEC venues since the Gamecocks joined the SEC, UGA, Vandy and UT. Years ago, I saw quempsun play Bama at Bama in 1975, the first year I was married. Before that I attended a game at allburn with some of my tater friends, Pat Sullivan was the QB at Auburn when we attended that game.

I like attending games at Vandy, too. But I've only attended one game there but Nashville was a lot of fun.

In fact, I have only visited three SEC venues since the Gamecocks joined the SEC, UGA, Vandy and UT. Years ago, I saw quempsun play Bama at Bama in 1975, the first year I was married. Before that I attended a game at allburn with some of my tater friends, Pat Sullivan was the QB at Auburn when we attended that game.
Cool. I've only been to those three and Florida (the 2000 game where we blocked 2 punts and went up 21-3 before wheels came off). I'm trying to make an away game a year from here on out.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Probably Vandy. I've been to a lot of road games. Haven't been to Missouri, A and M or LSU yet.

Why?
1. We usually win (but man it sucks when you lose and a bunch of nerds are laughing at you)
2. Nashville is a great town, plenty to do
3. Even if you're at the top of the stadium it's like being lower deck at Williams Brice.

Tenn. Is my favorite and ive been to most SEC and ACC schools. The fans are super friendly and their bus system to and from thr games are great

Reactions: PerchedOnRings
I guess I have to say UT because I have attended more games in Knoxville than any other one SEC school.
Florida is best to me....I've been to all of them except A and M and Mizzou....would like to go to LSU and Bama since they have been expanded.

Worst and I will not return is UGA....worst fans by far

Ole Miss in Oxford is a fun trip,but ive never understood making Archie Mannings retired jersey num.18 the official campus speed limit.

Reactions: rogue cock
LSU for me because we always stay in New Orleans for at least 3 nights. The tailgating and atmosphere at the real Death Valley is pretty good too.

I've only been to 4. Vandy, LSU, Georgia, and Tennessee. Vandy was bad...no college football atmosphere at all, although Nashville is fun. I was surprised LSU's stadium looked old and outdated, but I know they've done work since I was there...and the fans were AWFUL! Georgia fans were bad too, but not LSU bad...and Georgia's stadium was nice. Tennessee is the only place I didn't have a single bad impression. The stadium was fine, and didn't get a single negative comment thrown my way from a Vol fan.

I've only been to 4. Vandy, LSU, Georgia, and Tennessee. Vandy was bad...no college football atmosphere at all, although Nashville is fun. I was surprised LSU's stadium looked old and outdated, but I know they've done work since I was there...and the fans were AWFUL! Georgia fans were bad too, but not LSU bad...and Georgia's stadium was nice. Tennessee is the only place I didn't have a single bad impression. The stadium was fine, and didn't get a single negative comment thrown my way from a Vol fan.

RE: the good fan behavior during your visit to UTe - it was probably 'Kiss Your Sister Day' and the natives were . . . preoccupied.:D

Reactions: uscwill
I've been to 10 of the 14 and here's my take.

1. Tennessee - Gotta love the short drive and the mountains. Fans have always been great.
2. LSU - New Orleans, fans are your best friend before the game, hate you during the game, and your best friend again afterwards. All the alcohol you could want.
3. Vanderbilt - Nashville says enough....and usually a W. Can't beat that.
4. Kentucky - Great trip other than their obnoxious, vulgar fans. Pretty drive but don't speed, the Kentucky troopers don't play no games, i learned my lesson. o_O
5. Florida - Other than Florida having 30 yards and 30 points at halftime the time I went, it was fun.
6. Auburn - Nice town. Clemson 2.0 though.
7. Missouri - Very plain jane. Only thing in Columbia is the school. If you go stay in St. Louis, unless it's during the World Series.
8. Georgia - Probably the worst fanbase in the SEC, worse than UK.
9. Mississippi State - Middle of no where. Bring ear plugs, the cowbells don't stop. Don't think I will make this trip again.

Will be adding Texas A&M to the list this season. Booked my flight last night!

Missouri and Auburn for the fans, never heard a bad comment and got invited to have a beer at several tailgates in Auburn

Ole Miss is great. Auburn is cool. Alabama is good. Nashville is a lot of fun and we usually win.

I hate Tennessee so don't enjoy Knoxville. Athens is a blast, but their fans are terrible. Gainseville is just 'meh.' I thought College Station was sort of crappy, very cult like too.

Cool. I've only been to those three and Florida (the 2000 game where we blocked 2 punts and went up 21-3 before wheels came off). I'm trying to make an away game a year from here on out.

I think we are going back to UT again this year. Only missed one game at UT since that first OT game in Knoxville.

In all the games I've attended at UT I've only gotten one "out of the way comment" from a UT fan and that person was as red neck as quempsum fans. So, I can't complaint about one bad comment considering all of the games I've attended at Neyland.

Last edited:
I never had a bad experience with UK fans. Hell, they invited me to their tailgates.

Vandy is okay and cheap but it honestly feels like a single A football game. Environment is horrible.

Arkansas is great. Where else can you get catfish outside the stadium and chicken over the coals inside? Fans are cool as well.

I've been to 10 of the 14 and here's my take.

1. Tennessee - Gotta love the short drive and the mountains. Fans have always been great.
2. LSU - New Orleans, fans are your best friend before the game, hate you during the game, and your best friend again afterwards. All the alcohol you could want.
3. Vanderbilt - Nashville says enough....and usually a W. Can't beat that.
4. Kentucky - Great trip other than their obnoxious, vulgar fans. Pretty drive but don't speed, the Kentucky troopers don't play no games, i learned my lesson. o_O
5. Florida - Other than Florida having 30 yards and 30 points at halftime the time I went, it was fun.
6. Auburn - Nice town. Clemson 2.0 though.
7. Missouri - Very plain jane. Only thing in Columbia is the school. If you go stay in St. Louis, unless it's during the World Series.
8. Georgia - Probably the worst fanbase in the SEC, worse than UK.
9. Mississippi State - Middle of no where. Bring ear plugs, the cowbells don't stop. Don't think I will make this trip again.

Will be adding Texas A&M to the list this season. Booked my flight last night!

I want to go to Texas a and m this year also ! Trying to figure out the expenses etc. I went to Missouri two years ago. Want to go to Texas this time around. Seems like awesome trip

LSU for me because we always stay in New Orleans for at least 3 nights. The tailgating and atmosphere at the real Death Valley is pretty good too.
We went to NOLA for the entire week of Memorial Day. Almost all of the bars we saw in the French Quarter serve beer in plastic disposable cups - easy transport around the city. Even CVS sells spirits there. We'll be back.

Wow it's weird hearing all the positive posts about Tennessee fans. I went in 2013 when they beat us on the BS catch and they were ruthless.

Had some hillbillies in the stadium tell us they hoped we hit a rock slide on the way home. Which I thought was pretty damn creative, I must admit

1. Ole Miss (Memphis, The Grove, Beauty)
2. Georgia (I like the fans)
3. Vanderbilt (Nashville)
4. Mississippi State (they have really upgraded their stadium atmosphere)

Ole Miss is great. Auburn is cool. Alabama is good. Nashville is a lot of fun and we usually win.

I hate Tennessee so don't enjoy Knoxville. Athens is a blast, but their fans are terrible. Gainseville is just 'meh.' I thought College Station was sort of crappy, very cult like too.

Yes, A&M fans are just downright weird.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
ADVERTISEMENT