ADVERTISEMENT

What now Jake?

He’ll be a high school coach in South Carolina in less than 3 years.
People was saying similar things about Rico’s future and he made the Dallas Cowboys. You don’t know what Jake Bentley will be doing in three years. And the Pac 12 will have a football season. Right now no one knows when that’ll happen but it will.

Holy crap, this is insane. All for a virus that's no worse than the flu. These players should be allowed to transfer to another school immediately. If the conferences don't play, it may take several years to recover. Absolutely stupid move. You can't lay down and die!!
No worse than flu- you must not have had family members die or become extremely sick for over a month with this virus.

Holy crap, this is insane. All for a virus that's no worse than the flu. These players should be allowed to transfer to another school immediately. If the conferences don't play, it may take several years to recover. Absolutely stupid move. You can't lay down and die!!

He was, and did....

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Man, I hate to see this happen to Jake. He 100% made the right move transferring but got a terrible break with the Pac12 shutting down. I’m assuming he’ll be eligible to play next season? If so, I’m sure he will.

I still think Jake could have a big season with a team that is offensive-minded, or just not offensively-challenged like Muschamp’s teams. Hope he gets his shot.

Reactions: Brace1
I never had family member die of flu or get put on ventilator for flu. You have?
I'm told people are always dying from it, I have long suspected that since 'finished living' isn't an official cause of death they have to put all of those people in a category. Used to be the flu, this year it became covid.

I'm told people are always dying from it, I have long suspected that since 'finished living' isn't an official cause of death they have to put all of those people in a category. Used to be the flu, this year it became covid.
Well hopefully you won’t get to release a loved ones ashes at the beach like I did this weekend from covid. Wear your mask. It’s real

Assume guys in a position like Jake will be granted another year, which he would surely take. Personally, I've never seen Jake as having an NFL future. But then again, I never saw Rico making an NFL roster. Maybe that says more about the offensive line play at USC than anything. But could see Jake going into coaching. It is the family business. And sure, Bobby could get him a high school job, but would figure Bobby will use his contacts

I never had family member die of flu or get put on ventilator for flu. You have?

I’ve worked ICU for almost 25 years. Seen many people over the years be intubated and/or die because of the flu.

Covid is a completely different animal, one that’s hard to figure. Seen elderly people with a ton of comorbidities that you’d think would die do well, and seen healthy people in their 40’s die.

Assume guys in a position like Jake will be granted another year, which he would surely take. Personally, I've never seen Jake as having an NFL future. But then again, I never saw Rico making an NFL roster. Maybe that says more about the offensive line play at USC than anything.

Rico made an NFL roster because he had the athleticism, can’t deny he has the tools.

He didn’t have a great OL here, but his biggest issue was injury, seemed like he was always dinged up. Hopefully he can overcome that and stick with the roster.

The NFL puts a lot of stock into raw combine results, physical measurements, and interviews. Look at David Williams, he couldn’t produce here, but wound up on a roster after transferring to Arkansas.

Jake will get another year of eligibility, he needs to use it and produce.

ADVERTISEMENT