ADVERTISEMENT

What opposing coaches supposedly said about the Gamecocks...

No argument about what people "think". That's a different narrative altogether. Mine is not about what people "think", but about this cheap and now predictable article format that some people salivate over.
For the record, the segment "What other coaches are saying" has been as long as I can remember part of the Lindy's preview for each team. Sometimes complimentary, sometimes indifferent, and in this particular case critical.
My point is that it's not new to their format. they've been doing this since preview magazines was all you had to get a broad overview of the football landscape.

Reactions: F-86F and DeBoer31
Other coaches and talking heads opinions? These are they same clowns that think WM is some kind of defensive genius!! 😂 I never pay attention to any of the magazines or the uninformed prognosis the spew!! Quit reading that crap along time ago seeing as all they do is copy and paste last years final rankings. Still can’t believe people pay for that BS!! Just go back and look at last years final rankings and save yourself some money. 1 through 4 maybe close to being correct. The rest are opinions by ill informed people with little or no consideration for program attrition and coaching changes!! Most can’t name 2 players on your team off the top of their head!!!! Total BS!!!!!

For the record, the segment "What other coaches are saying" has been as long as I can remember part of the Lindy's preview for each team. Sometimes complimentary, sometimes indifferent, and in this particular case critical.
My point is that it's not new to their format. they've been doing this since preview magazines was all you had to get a broad overview of the football landscape.
I'm aware of its longevity. Someone posts it on here every year. It reflects the format's vapidity - vis-a-vis its typical readership. No, I don't consider you "typical".

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
For my part, it also assumes that, even were there some kind of survey, the article has nothing to do with the input received. Definitive or not, I can conclude it unabashedly. This is a gimmick formula designed to attract a certain kind of impressionable reader.

You are living in a fantasy land man. This is the truth and everyone says it about us. They've been doing this for years.

You are living in a fantasy land man. This is the truth and everyone says it about us. They've been doing this for years.
I am living in fantasy land when people believe the fantasy that writers actually work to gather this material. They know what they think and they know what people are saying. They write down some crap and attribute it to coaches but not particular coaches. They do it year after year. It's as transparent as Saran Wrap.

I am living in fantasy land when people believe the fantasy that writers actually work to gather this material. They know what they think and they know what people are saying. They write down some crap and attribute it to coaches but not particular coaches. They do it year after year. It's as transparent as Saran Wrap.
Yes...No opposing coaches have this opinion of us.

I'm calling BS. Theses are smarmy "stories" designed to attract the gullible.

You do realize most coaches say much worse about opposing programs on the recruiting trail? Negative recruiting is done by every SEC program.

I really don’t care which coaches said it, the sad part is the quotes are mostly dead on accurate.

I don't think most of that is accurate. I don't see keeping Muschamp as a better option than hiring Beamer. I'd much rather have Beamer. I've never disliked a USC coach as much as Muschamp. At this point, he is a known quantity. At least Beamer has some upside.

As for the 40 years wandering in the desert, that's just stupid. No reason to believe that.

Finding assistant coaches that think SC football is mismanaged isn't much of a challenge.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Legendary Cock
You do realize most coaches say much worse about opposing programs on the recruiting trail? Negative recruiting is done by every SEC program.

I really don’t care which coaches said it, the sad part is the quotes are mostly dead on accurate.
I'm not arguing what people might think or even what they might say. But I dismiss these "stories" as nothing more than fiction designed to generate "hits" or sell magazines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT