ADVERTISEMENT

What SEC team will take the biggest leap forward this year ??

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
Going with Ole Miss . They have a brutal schedule and Lane is still a prick but the dude can coach . I think they will jump LSU and TAMU as Saban’s biggest obstacles the next few years . Thoughts??

Hopefully an SEC West team.
I am going with LSU. My guess is they have a ton of talented players (no duh) and do some damage to TamU and Bama. I think Jimbo is one of the best coaches around and maybe #2 in the SEC over all.

Reactions: rogue cock
Everyone says ole miss, I guess it’ll depend on their defense. But they were 5-5 last year. If we get to 4 wins it’ll double our record- will old Miss get to 10? Who knows

Hopefully an SEC West team.
I am going with LSU. My guess is they have a ton of talented players (no duh) and do some damage to TamU and Bama. I think Jimbo is one of the best coaches around and maybe #2 in the SEC over all.

Yeah I really thought LSU might be back in the championship hunt this year but I think their stud QB Brennon is out for most of the year . Apparently Brad Johnson’s son is in the mix for playing time . From what I understand he’s the real deal .

#1 SOS. Like us the last two years, it’s tough to improve record wise. Unlike we did ,however ,they have a good coach
How the heck do you know? He definitely was one of the best OL coaches in the country, but he has only been a head coach one year and went 3-7.

How the heck do you know? He definitely was one of the best OL coaches in the country, but he has only been a head coach one year and went 3-7.
They lost a handful of games by 1-2 points. Where they were to where they are is night and day. That’s fact and everyone is impressed with Pittman. They may not be players in the SECW this year, but they’re building something special.
That’s why I know.

Last edited:
I agree. I think he is underrated. He was a good hire by Ole Miss, much, much better than Leach at Miss. State.
Not trying to be a contrarian, but would legitimately like to know what makes people think this? He may be a great coach, but there are currently 45 other ACTIVE coaches with a better win % than him. Seems like his name always pops up as he’s screwing over some other school, but I’ve never seen him actually do anything at a big school. Is it his daddy’s name? Serious question

Going with Ole Miss . They have a brutal schedule and Lane is still a prick but the dude can coach . I think they will jump LSU and TAMU as Saban’s biggest obstacles the next few years . Thoughts??
Hotty Toddy, but only if they play some defense. Maybe not landshark, but maybe like a barracuda?

Hope it will be us. Win or lose want to see some desire to win by our players and no matter the situation play as if every play matters. Every game can be a learning experience if players believe they are not infallible and learn lessons to improve on the field.

I hope its us but many of the talking heads are saying Mizzou.

I think we have a pretty good shot at being the most improved, just because we have so much room to improve. As somebody said above, we can double our win total pretty easily and it's unlikely anybody else will do that. Even with absolute numbers, I think it's possible to improve our win total by 4 games. I don't see Ole Miss winning 9.

“Double our win total”? LOL.

If we win 4 SEC games, then that would definitely be a big step forward.

But, it never ceases to amaze how the same simpletons who laugh at the Taters schedule, turn around and beat their chest over possible wins versus Eastern Illinois, ECU and Troy.

A bottomless abyss.

Georgia has a chance to make a big statement early that could carry them very far this season. We’ll find out in week 1.

Did you agree that the use of the interlocking USC was the only issue in the so cal suit?
I don't disagree but also feel there is more behind the legalities here than we as basic fans understand. There is a reason to university is moving away from using USC and I don't think that's just a choice.

There is a reason the university has chosen to not pursue this legally AND move away from using USC.

I don't disagree but also feel there is more behind the legalities here than we as basic fans understand. There is a reason to university is moving away from using USC and I don't think that's just a choice.

There is a reason the university has chosen to not pursue this legally AND move away from using USC.
We are not pursuing the interlocking USC logo, especially since we lost our appeal. It has nothing to do with the use of USC.

We went to UofSC so we could make a profit from merchandise. They did not check for acceptance of UofSC alums. Any more behind any legalities has to do with people not understanding what the suit was about.

Thanks for replying. Go Cocks!

We are not pursuing the interlocking USC logo, especially since we lost our appeal. It has nothing to do with the use of USC.

We went to UofSC so we could make a profit from merchandise. They did not check for acceptance of UofSC alums. Any more behind any legalities has to do with people not understanding what the suit was about.

Thanks for replying. Go Cocks!
I still think you are assuming a lot. Only people that really know are UofSC leadership and its legal team. I dont know either. I just think by their actions it seems there is more to a weak legal argument on this vs Southern California than most realize.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT