ADVERTISEMENT

What Steve Spurrier said after losing to Georgia

And Tanner will do nothing about it. Spurrier will leave on his own terms-unfortunately.

Last edited:
Crap. I really wanted to get tickets next year but have already decided if he's at USC, then I won't be. I will watch and yell and hope from home. It has nothing to do with support. It's simple, its too much $ to end up being pissed off.

He has to say he will be back until national signing day. THEN he will "leave on his own terms."

Get rid of sos jr to start off with. How can a recruiting coordinator have 7 kids unless he is trying to start his own football team.

Reactions: gamecock ed
He said " no, I hope to be back next time. McGarrity is a buddy of mine".

Nice picture!!!

5362.jpg

Reactions: IrmoRed
I say she is our new defense coordinator on the sidelines...

All she has to do for the rest of the season is wear this outfit or lack of outfit on the sidelines and stand there...

5362.jpg

Do you really believe that this program can just go take people's coaches? Seems to be a bit arrogant...Why would anyone come here? What is the attraction? Besides money...What is being offered?

Do you really believe that this program can just go take people's coaches? Seems to be a bit arrogant...Why would anyone come here? What is the attraction? Besides money...What is being offered?

Spurrier has proved you can win here. It's in the best football conference. Probably going to have to be an up and comer ( that didn't sound good) which I'd prefer anyway. A young hungry coach who needs to make a name for himself and realizes the importance of recruiting. It can't get any worse than it is now.

There is a lot this University has to offer from it's football program besides money. Pretty stupid to say otherwise! How many times have you heard the quote that SC is a sleeping giant? SEC, facilities that have been made to be among the best in the country, fans and many others.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Hoestly, what do you expect him to say this early in the season? He will finish the year and probably retire, but the man is not a quitter. He and our program would be a lame duck if he admitted this was it now. We still have to recruit and not completely kill everything.

There is a lot this University has to offer from it's football program besides money. Pretty stupid to say otherwise! How many times have you heard the quote that SC is a sleeping giant? SEC, facilities that have been made to be among the best in the country, fans and many others.

Our facilities are NOT "among the best in the country."

Reactions: oldladytiger
They may not be "top 10" in college football but the WB is certainly not a dump either IMO. Sir Spur has a point that SC is not afraid to spend the money on upgrades when/where needed to compete in the SEC and nationally.

The point is that we are not even considered to be in the Top 25 in facilities! We have average facilities for an SEC program. The PAC, the big 12 and the Big Ten all have programs with better facilities than us. Heck even zclemson, FSU, BT and Louisville have comparable, if not better facilities

CalmTranquility is just another pot-stirring spud troll attempting to cause dissension. Hopefully the mods will wake up soon and ban him and the 500 other ones that are ruining this forum.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT