ADVERTISEMENT

What Taters fans do that you don’t like

1) Dress up as Gamecock fans and walk around their bowl games and yell Go Cocks and SEC. Post on you tube and think its funny but really its kind of stupid when you think about it, like when they are playing OU or somebody. If a gamecock fan did this and dressed as Clemson and ACC, at our bowl game I would think its very stupid to.

Enjoy your team and the moment

2) Troll as Gamecocks fans on all kinds of social media, and post really lame comments.

3) Do anti South Carolina bill boards and pretend its made by gamecock fans like "fire this coach", did one about Lou Holtz, which was documented.

4) Develop alter ego Gamecock Fan versions of themselves and make parodies and put them on Youtube

5) One guy was going to the extent and acting like he was a writer and writing lame articles about the Gamecocks pretending to be a fan like bring back Steve Spurrier Jr as O Line coach after Elliott left.

Some seem to have some sort of complex and they really shouldn't at the current time in history, there is plenty to just root for your team if your a Clemson fan vs obsess with us

Last edited:
They feel entitled, and the majority of their fans think the sun rises and sets on Clemson. Most are very insecure and they have to belittle Carolina fans and run their mouths for no good reason. The way they think they have to wear that pukey orange everywhere.

Reactions: Carolina4
Make false claims about their academics. Using Tri County tech as a feeder system in an effort to inflate entrance scores. Lack of diversity. False announced attendance at football games.

Make false claims about their academics. Using Tri County tech as a feeder system in an effort to inflate entrance scores. Lack of diversity. False announced attendance at football games.

I think you are onto something. That’s really the worst part about Clemson fans. It’s one thing to bash each other about athletics. But when it gets into academics or really anything else I think that’s too far. They really do have an inflated opinion of their school. I remember a few of my friends comparing their class rings to my ring years back. I walked out and came back in without them realizing, and heard them talking bad about the SC ring. Pretty shameful in my opinion. It’s a freaking ring...does the rivalry really extend to personal educational accomplishments?

I think you are onto something. That’s really the worst part about Clemson fans. It’s one thing to bash each other about athletics. But when it gets into academics or really anything else I think that’s too far. They really do have an inflated opinion of their school. I remember a few of my friends comparing their class rings to my ring years back. I walked out and came back in without them realizing, and heard them talking bad about the SC ring. Pretty shameful in my opinion. It’s a freaking ring...does the rivalry really extend to personal educational accomplishments?
While I am a proud Clem grad, to compare our admission standards to USCs is like comparing apples to oranges. Our "higher" standards are driven more by limited class size. Im sure if you start at the top and count down to the equivalent student number the avg gpa, sat etc would be essentially the same. They are both good schools with slightly different missions. People who claim otherwise are just being lazy.

While I am a proud Clem grad, to compare our admission standards to USCs is like comparing apples to oranges. Our "higher" standards are driven more by limited class size. Im sure if you start at the top and count down to the equivalent student number the avg gpa, sat etc would be essentially the same. They are both good schools with slightly different missions. People who claim otherwise are just being lazy.
'different missions' is completely correct.

It's fun to poke fun at each school but when you start trying to tear down the whole institution... it's just silly.

Clempson has their pros and cons just like USC.

My computer science program at USC was horrible and outside of a few specific classes, I was prepared more for my career through actual jobs than the crappy professors I had to deal with.

The business school on the other hand is top notch and had unexpectedly laid a small foundation on my work with Capital Markets.

And most of the graduates I have known are not bad......It's the bandwagaon fans that have never darkened the halls of any school past the 8th grade......
My boss in Charleston was a Clempson alumni. When I quit, he truly thought I disliked him as the reason for me quitting. Far from the truth. I simply hated the work/job.

They feel real smug because the name Clemson has no tie to a state institution. They think that it is a private institution with no dependence on state funds. Wrong! There are still people out there that attend Clemson that believe it is not state supported. That came from a senior level USC administrator. They hate USC and everything about it, you included.

Probably the best summation of the 'Clemson Attitude' I've seen on this Board. The Clemmies don't give a damn about South Carolina (the state) and they hate the University of South Carolina

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT